Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 11:20:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338108 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Witch and the Hundred Knights
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The Witch and the Hundred Knights  (Read 2363 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 02:07:28 AM »

How bad is it and how often is it occuring?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 02:54:37 AM »

One or twice in a playthrough if you're unlucky is my best guess. I haven't seen any real triggers like the fire spells in Disgaea D2, so who knows, you may be totally fine. Best thing to do is to exit the dungeons often and save. Taking a break won't harm your chances of beating a boss and the items you can get from a high bonus gauge (think Disgaea) are rarely worth it. In other words: this game fails as a roguelike, don't worry about playing it like one.

I just started the final chapter. I have to say the story grew on me and actually made the game somewhat worthwhile. Sure, Metallia is cruel, but the point seems to be that the world she's trying to conquer is even crueler.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 04:55:46 AM »

Well it didn't happen to me at all today at least.  I like the Facet system, it's fun doing different combinations and the appearance change is neat.  I really like the game now but it would be hard to recommend to anyone due to various issues.  Took me quite a long time to warm up to this game.  Also, I'm not normally a huge fan of Tanpei Sato but the soundtrack in this game is really good IMO.  

also that Fish guy Nahab from chapter...5 I think?  All the sudden I was super happy I chose to play with the English dub.  Freaking hilarious
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 04:58:59 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 01:55:05 PM »

Well, I thought I had completed the game and gotten a decent ending (heard something about defeating all the dark witches, so I did), but it turns out that this game was made by a bunch of trolls. I kinda admire them for making certain choices, but on the other hand I just want this damn game to be over! >_<
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »

Oh wow. Like WOW. Like OMFG WOW

I finally played a little more. Started Chapter 2. OH HAI DIFFICULTY CLIFF

I was excited by chapter 1 because I thought it would finally be something pretty easy to play in between bouts of more difficult games. What the actual fuck game?

I don't even understand what I'm doing wrong but I've had to return to base after losing any items I've collected far too many times after only reaching the first pillar. I can't avoid attacks because there's too much going on in too small a space to pay attention and enemy damage has gone from 1-4 per attack to 10-15 per attack.

Ugh. I can't stand when games do this kind of shit.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:17 PM »

It's because of how equipment progresses. There are different ranks and the next one is often 50-100% stronger than the last.

Some tips:
-Some houses have some really nice epic or even legendary equipment. Raid them.
-Always check stats before you equip. Some items of the same type may have different stats
-Don't neglect charms. They don't provide any real defence, but can protect you somewhat against certain attack types
-Weapons such as spears and certain staffs offer some nice ranged attacks. See if you can build a decent combo out of those (until you have some better armour).
-Dodge. Dodge. Dodge.

Or:
-Just switch the game to casual. One of the lantern thingies near to shop in Metallia's swamp lets you do that. Because honestly, this game isn't worth the frustration.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 04:26:39 PM »

Thanks for the tips. I had a feeling it was a case of needing equipment drops from a new area in order to stand a chance in that area. Anyway, had a somewhat decent run going before succumbing to the random shutdown. REALLY hope there's a patch in the works for that
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 06:32:01 PM »

Yea I think when I started chapter 2 I had two armors with 3 def each so I was taking lots of damage.  Then I found armors with 16 def, really abrubt increase.  

Another tip, spears are awesome.  They have high hit count (especially in slots 4 and 5) and it raises the grade bar like crazy.  You can gain grade much faster than your gigacals deplete and restore gigacals at pillars with extra grade leftover.

Also check the bonus gauge.  If you need better armor or weapons sometimes you'll see something good to aim for.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:34:28 PM by TiamatNM » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 08:39:47 PM »

Just a heads up for Canadians - I happened to be in Future Shop today because I needed new headphones and spotted a copy of this for 9.97.

If you haven't grabbed it yet, it might be worth looking around for it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: