Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2015, 12:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
351755 Posts in 14327 Topics by 2253 Members
Latest Member: Intero
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Best First Towns in an RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Best First Towns in an RPG  (Read 1903 times)
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 03:34:25 PM »

Does Midgar count as a town?

I figure the OP counted Midgar, so it's fair game.  Midgar was probably my favorite part of FF7, and I wish more had been done with it.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 02:20:15 AM »

BG2's Athkatla is pretty memorable, which I'd hope so, since it's made up of like 6 different town areas, not to mention all the extra places hidden underneath.

And I'm gonna ditto all of Dice's picks. (SO2fistbump)

I know this is cheating, but I also love the first town you go to after the starting city of Alexandria in FF9: Dali. The music and the design for the town is so serene and calming.

This is also cheating, but I'm going to say most SaGa Frontier towns are quite good and very memorable.
timmyFd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »

It's a bit of an old topic, I realise, but it's one I enjoy talking about.
I'd echo a few that've been mentioned already.

Alexandria in FF9- it really did a brilliant job of setting the tone for that wonderful game. The entire Mist Continent in FF9 is intruiging actually. The only place that wasn't particularly interesting was Burmecia, mostly because you only ever see it when it's abandoned and fucked up.

Colony 9- Still waiting for the 3DS version to finish this game but I explored this entire 'area' pretty extensively. They really did a great job with the world design in this game. They perfectly captured the feeling of civilisation that's been bolted together in a very wild environment.

Clock Town in Majora's Mask- So many interesting characters for a Zelda game with so much to do. I'd maybe place Hyrule in OoT ahead as the more interesting world overall but none of the other Zelda games have a town with as much depth as this. It really feels like a living breathing place rather than just a backdrop or conduit to the story progression.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: