Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 05, 2015, 04:38:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363239 Posts in 14741 Topics by 2290 Members
Latest Member: JoshB2005
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A rant OR what bugs me about Nintendo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A rant OR what bugs me about Nintendo  (Read 226 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »

So I have been playing my 3DS a lot recently. What strikes me as a bit asinine is the inability to connect my 3ds to the WiiU to stream games on the TV. It seems like that technology wouldn't be that difficult for them to implement considering I CAN use my 3ds as a controller for Smash Bros. I know that WiiU isn't exactly at the forefront of Nintendos development at the moment, with the new console(?) they are developing, but this seems like something they should have done awhile ago. I also know that most people play their 3DS when out and about, or pooping, but sometimes I just want to play a good game and don't want to strain my eyes, or neck, playing the 3DS.

I am sure people have brought this up before, but with the new Fire Emblem coming out soon...ish I want to play the games on a bigger screen. Dammit!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »

I agree completely.

I also want to know how hard it would have been for Sony to get PS4 Remote Play to work both ways. It certainly doesn't *sound* difficult.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 03:26:31 PM »

The lack of a joint account is a bunch of bullshit too.  I got THREE 3DS dammit. >:(

I'd give up a nipple to get Kid Icarus playing on the TV (and ideally not played with stylus).

Oh, btw Nintendo TV is being shut down...whatever that was.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »

Oh, btw Nintendo TV is being shut down...whatever that was.

As if there were any question, it was stupid. It was essentially a glorified TV guide that allowed you to "play" along with certain TV shows and sporting events. And by play I mean it would ask a question like "Will the 49ers score a touchdown on the next play?" With answers like "yes, no, maybe" and "I don't know." I checked it out once and then promptly forgot about it.
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 02:50:54 AM »

That would be a pretty stellar feature, honestly.

It would be a very advanced version of Super Gameboy, essentially. I already think it's great that they've been porting GBA games to the system, to play on the big screen (sweet, sweet Minish Cap...), but this would have completely opened up the console's potential that much more, for sure. Perhaps, with the New 3DS, it's something that's built in that will work with the NX? Or with their new focus on mobile gaming? Time will have to tell, but this fun concept is, sadly, to be put behind us...

I really wish the Wii U had done better. It is really a solid console with lots of potential, but suffered, again, from people not really knowing what to do with it, aside from Nintendo. Even though they are really open to indie devs working on it! It's a shame, really.

Just Greg, thanks.
OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »

Not to bash harshly on Nintendo, but I can imagine a ton of Zelda fans are frustrated with the development of Zelda Wii U or it's noticeable absence at this years E3. Not to mention the Metroid 3DS game that was announced that alienated Metroid fans expecting more Samus driven storylines. Nintendo frequently says that Zelda Wii U will be ready when it's ready and they don't want to rush an incomplete game which is respectable, but I tend to feel like screen updates or gameplay discussion would be kind rather than silence in between Nintendo Directs. I came across an article the other day on Forbes of all places of a write suggesting Nintendo skips Wii U for the next Zelda and immediately start on transferring it over to the NX as a launch title. This might have been mentioned in the main Zelda thread, but here's the link for anyone that's interesting in reading it: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/07/27/the-case-for-nintendos-new-zelda-to-skip-the-wii-u-for-the-nx/.

I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla... you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome! - Immortan Joe (Mad Max: Fury Road)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 01:24:22 PM »

Not to bash harshly on Nintendo, but I can imagine a ton of Zelda fans are frustrated with the development of Zelda Wii U or it's noticeable absence at this years E3. Not to mention the Metroid 3DS game that was announced that alienated Metroid fans expecting more Samus driven storylines. Nintendo frequently says that Zelda Wii U will be ready when it's ready and they don't want to rush an incomplete game which is respectable, but I tend to feel like screen updates or gameplay discussion would be kind rather than silence in between Nintendo Directs. I came across an article the other day on Forbes of all places of a write suggesting Nintendo skips Wii U for the next Zelda and immediately start on transferring it over to the NX as a launch title. This might have been mentioned in the main Zelda thread, but here's the link for anyone that's interesting in reading it: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/07/27/the-case-for-nintendos-new-zelda-to-skip-the-wii-u-for-the-nx/.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Nintendo were to pull a Twilight Princess on the new Zelda and withhold it until the NX is ready so it can be used as a launch title. Then a month afterward they'll release it on Wii U as an afterthought because, hey, more monies for a game we already developed for the previous console.
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 07:14:30 PM »

If there is one thing Nintendo has taught me in recent years, it's don't buy their consoles on launch.

Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 09:58:41 PM »

If there is one thing Nintendo has taught me in recent years, it's don't buy their consoles on launch.

I think that's part of why the WiiU failed to whatever extent. :P

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:59 PM »

Which was mostly Nintendo's fault for not actually clearly telling anyone what the WiiU was. I'm a gamer and it even took me a couple months after it was announced to find someone definitively saying it was a new console and not a Wii peripheral.
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »

Which was mostly Nintendo's fault for not actually clearly telling anyone what the WiiU was. I'm a gamer and it even took me a couple months after it was announced to find someone definitively saying it was a new console and not a Wii peripheral.

Not to mention that I regretted buying my Wii on launch because I ended up with only a handful of games for it. Or, as much as I love my 3DS, miss a $100 price drop and multiple awesome limited edition versions/XL/New3DS (the second which I should have at least seen coming) - I feel like Nintendo just kept rubbing it in my face that I bought it on launch.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 11:32:04 PM »

Nintendo executives should read this thread.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: