Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 14, 2014, 10:04:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331265 Posts in 13564 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 12376 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: September 07, 2014, 08:05:20 PM »

New Details for Resident Evil Revelations 2 were posted yesterday.

On paper it sounds a heck of a lot more exciting that the first one ever did.

Well it looks like Claire is getting over the bad plastic surgery years.  She had some bad trout-lip in the CG film version.  She still looks a bit odd, maybe like an alcoholic teacher....Hm.  Anyways.

Can't wait though, I'm a huge fan of co-op-ing these titles.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: September 07, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »

Well it looks like Claire is getting over the bad plastic surgery years.  She had some bad trout-lip in the CG film version.  She still looks a bit odd, maybe like an alcoholic teacher....Hm.  Anyways.

Agreed, and the addition of Barry's daughter in a Rebecca-esque backup role seems really cool. An actual medic/support charqcter rather than another gun, it just reeks of possibilities.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: September 07, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »

Agreed, and the addition of Barry's daughter in a Rebecca-esque backup role seems really cool. An actual medic/support charqcter rather than another gun, it just reeks of possibilities.

Yeah I didn't like the idea at first (felt too passive), but then I thought that it would indeed create more unique roles between the two.  Plus I like how she looks.  Maybe this is Capcom taking a nod from Last of Us (with a younger female companion) but giving her something to do.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: September 08, 2014, 02:22:30 AM »

Actually, I think this is the first RE with only female protagonists (that we know of; which is probably why they're emphasizing the survival horror part of the game, they don't have hilarious shit like Chris Roidfield running up and punching out Zombies or whatever). Hopefully Moria will follow in her father's footsteps and be a loud, obnoxious dick whenever possible (or at least make a "It's a Claire Sandwich!" statement while Claire is trapped in a descending celling trap and getting crushed to death).

Guys! Shut up and read this Misc. Gaming News post. They announced who the Final Five 4 Smash Bros are, its....

AKB48!

I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

Er, you guys do realize that they're just examples of the Mii Fighter and not new characters, right?

Why do you think I posted this here instead of leaving it in the Smash Bros thread? Besides they wouldn't be the entire Final Five.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: September 10, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/resident_evil_revelations_2/news/resident_evil_revelations_2_is_an_episodic_game_with_new_episodes_rolling_out_each_week.html

So you can buy individual episodes of Res Evil Revelations 2.
4 in total; apparently each end with a cliff-hanger.  I kind like that as a "enhanced demo" experience. 

Each week will end with some kind of cliffhanger that should spur further conversation and speculation; if you want to stay on top of the latest twist, you'll want to check out the weekly episodes. But if you're more interested in an all-in-one experience, there will be a "complete season" digital option and the aforementioned disc for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:20:59 PM by Dice » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: September 10, 2014, 02:31:56 PM »

At least they're doing a retail release.

If they did this kind of release with every game, everyone would be happy.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: September 10, 2014, 03:30:48 PM »

Well it looks like Claire is getting over the bad plastic surgery years.  She had some bad trout-lip in the CG film version.  She still looks a bit odd, maybe like an alcoholic teacher....

Ah. I remember the days of fans criticizing the look of RE Degeneration before release.

The movie turned out to be pretty good for those who are into the lore of the main series. It has lots of fanservice too.

Maybe this is Capcom taking a nod from Last of Us (with a younger female companion) but giving her something to do.

I know you like TLoU more than I'll ever will, but there hasn't been one thing from TLoU leaking into RE yet. At first glance however you can argue that they got things out of The Walking Dead from Telltale Games (distribution format) and maybe Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (the design of Moira being vaguely similar to the Cheryl of that game).

At best I've only seen The Evil Within handling stealth like TLoU did. But is not really the same deal for what I've seen.

Edited.*
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:43:17 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: September 10, 2014, 03:40:22 PM »

Well it looks like Claire is getting over the bad plastic surgery years.  She had some bad trout-lip in the CG film version.  She still looks a bit odd, maybe like an alcoholic teacher....

Ah. I remember the days of fans criticizing the look of RE Degeneration before release.

The movie turned out to be pretty good for those who are into the lore of the main series. It has lots of fanservice too.

Maybe this is Capcom taking a nod from Last of Us (with a younger female companion) but giving her something to do.

I know you like TLoU more that I'll ever will, but there hasn't been one thing from TLoU leaking into RE yet. At first glance however you can argue that they got things out of The Walking Dead from Telltale Games (distribution format) and maybe Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (the design of Moira being vaguely similar to the Cheryl of that game).

At best I've only seen The Evil Within handling stealth like TLoU did. But is not really the same deal for what I've seen.

I was just making a super early observation.  I respect and liked the idea of the two MCs "working" together than "fighting"  together --- something TLoU rather lacked where Joel was a one man army even though his pipsqueak sidekick was clearly capable (but all she really was different in was her switchblade being an "gameshark infinity" version of Joel's shivs).

I haven't played Walking Dead (I want to).

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: September 10, 2014, 10:18:38 PM »

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GamerGate-Everyone-Hates-Each-Other-I-Really-Tired-67039.html

I still don't care about GamerGate (or I guess #GamerGate since we that generation), but the title for this article pretty much sums up everything about 2014 perfectly.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: September 13, 2014, 12:21:09 AM »

Dragon Con Was More Fun Than Video Games -- Super Bunnyhop, YouTube

"This is why I enjoyed this year's Dragon Con more than usual. It had a lot to do with everyone else going on in the gaming world at the time."
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: September 13, 2014, 12:47:06 AM »

Dragon Con Was More Fun Than Video Games -- Super Bunnyhop, YouTube

"This is why I enjoyed this year's Dragon Con more than usual. It had a lot to do with everyone else going on in the gaming world at the time."

I like the intro montage.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: