Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:36:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318868 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara  (Read 1174 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »

Interesting tidbit for the review, did you hear that the Japanese version is almost an entirely different version?

The release info on the Japanese retail version is insane. It's including concept art, the original title screens, all kinds of stuff that the digital version lacks. WTF, Capcom?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/DandD/new_system/option2.html
http://www.lcapcom.co.jp/DandD/new_system/bounus_contents.html

More stuff announced for the retail game:

- They're adding a new easiest setting in the difficulty selection which starts players with full item/magic stock, a dragon shield, and the ability to open chests without keys. The game also retains all the arcade difficulty settings and there's a super hardcore setting for pro players.

- There's New Game+ function now. Instead of getting a Game Over after completing the game, players can use their characters to start new games while retaining their levels and stats. You can also choose higher difficulty levels in these subsequent playthroughs.

- Stages you have completed can be replayed with a chapter select option, where you can pick which part of the stage you want to start from. There are also boss strategy videos to help players who have problems beating the bosses.

- Bonus content includes tons of artwork and original design materials from the development of the arcade games, introduction videos for the various classes, and video interviews with the original developers of the arcade games.

Looking at the UI for the bonus features... I'm really starting to think M2 might be doing this port... that would be... amazing.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 10:20:08 PM »

Yeah, I'll be getting the J-release.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 12:01:11 AM »

I played these at my local arcade back in the good ole' 90's.  I bought this last week but I just finished Hotline Miami and currently playing the FFXIV Beta. I'll start it up once the next phase is over.

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: