Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 12:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341232 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Anyone playing Baten Kaitos Origins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Anyone playing Baten Kaitos Origins?  (Read 2962 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2006, 01:31:47 AM »

Anyone playing Baten Kaitos Origins?

...I am. I'm loving it, and I'm hitting myself on the head for not playing the first one.

I just wish the subtitle hadn't been taken away. They released the first one with the lengthy subtitle "Eternal Wings and the Endless Ocean", so I would've liked to see the "First Wings and the Heirs of God" subtitle stick with this game as well.

Anyway, the card battle system is apparently quite different from the first. It's still challenging, and still meaning LONG battles. But yeah...I think it's fantastic. Expect a review from me shortly.

Anyone else giving it a try?

Ramza

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:40:29 AM »

One of these days I will play it. I just have bigger priorities at the moment. I told you sometime ago that I did like the first one quite a lot personally, though some my pespective, many others here disagree (though, I am surprised there is more love for the game among here than I thought)

When you done beating it, than I suggest hunting down the first game too. Should be cheap by now, not so difficult to find (at least here)and it has it's own charm.

I forgot to ask this and I just wonder. How is the VA? (may have said in the other thread, but didn't notice)

I am probobly one of the very few people on Earth who not only can deal with the sub-par VA of the first game no problem, but think its not really as bad as some people claim (minus Lyude and Kalas to some extent)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 04:23:18 AM »

I'll definitely pick this up soon. I actually just recently played the first Baten Kaitos and enjoyed it quite a bit, so playing the second one is a must for me.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 04:25:01 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
Anyone playing Baten Kaitos Origins?

No.

Though you may have the benefit of playing in chronological order for having skipped over 1, assuming you get it later.
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:24:14 AM »

I bought the game during the Toy's R Us sale, but have not played it yet.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 09:48:46 AM »

After the trash of the first game, I'll never let this touch my cube.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 10:57:37 AM »

Only after the price drops. There are enough games for me to buy - FFXII, Zelda and a bunch of others I missed and which should be cheap by now - while I wait till it gets cheaper.
By the way, I did not mind the first one's VA either.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »

I own a copy but have yet to play it.  Right now with the deluge of RPGs, it has fallen onto the back burner.  I do plan on playing it before the end of the year.  

I think Dice is the only one that has played/is playing it.  I think she too enjoyed it.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 01:06:24 PM »

I'll wait for a price drop, since the first story left me with mixed feelings. Good story, irritating battle system.

In the wake of the dead zone that is created by next-gen systems, then I'll pick it up.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 01:47:43 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
After the trash of the first game, I'll never let this touch my cube.

Truer words have never been spoken.  I wouldn't play the sequel if I got it for free. :P

Shadow Blade

shadowblade_x@hotmail.com shadowbladex8@ao
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »

I've never liked Baten Kaitos, so I guess Origins won't change my opinion.

What?!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 02:55:13 PM »

I was not a fan of the first game.

I probably won't be of the second game either. I'm thinking of playing it just to see how God awful it is and writing a crappy review of it.

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 08:48:51 PM »

Bought the game on day one since I was a big fan of the original, but only put in about an hour's worth since I've been kinda busy of late. But I'll definitely be playing through this once I get the time.
salinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 07:36:26 AM »

baten kaitos was a must have for me it was create by masto kato and have superb art and the gameplay seen fresh but the story was awful i was able to predictable the most of the it the gameplay  was not that awful for me it was fun. i want to give the second a try becuase it maybe have better storyline i hope i wil get it and finish it before i wil have to go to the army (about 2 month )
pchimmy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 12:11:16 PM »

About a month ago, I picked up the first game for about $10 at Toys R Us.  Now, I'm about halfway through so far I'm loving it.  I find the battle system (although very long) a refreshing change.  The story was slow in the beginning but is finally picking up.

I'm planning to pick up Origins too, but not until the price has dropped dramatically.  Besides, like everyone said, there are too many good games coming out soon (Zelda, FFXII, PSU, Rogue Galaxy, FFIII, etc.) that I won't have time to play it anyways.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: