Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 12:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327234 Posts in 13399 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Anyone playing Baten Kaitos Origins?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anyone playing Baten Kaitos Origins?  (Read 2780 times)
BlueDarkness

jamesdarkness@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 04:17:51 PM »

I've got a copy. Its a AWSOME game. I enjoyed it. I only beat it one time though. I mainly play with my PSP these days, until I get the PS3. Than im getting Untold Legends.

~BlueDarkness~
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 01:02:49 PM »

I would probably be playing this game right now, if I didn't live in Europe. Thankfully they eventually released the original over here, but that was after like 5 months (as opposed to the 3 it took for Symphonia to get here). While it wasn't as good as the other rpgs on gamecube, it was the only one other than Fire Emblem that I felt like I hadn't played a million times before. I don't think there are many games I could say that about nowadays.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 12:11:43 PM »

I just started playing last night.  The battle system is simplified from the first game, but it doesn't mean it's easy.  I died on the first real boss battle.  I just fiddled around with my deck putting more attack cards and healing items and everyone lived in the second attempt.  Anyways, the voice acting is 1000x better than the first game and it does and excellent job of pulling you in storywise.  I'm quite intrigued with what is going on and am looking forward to playing more and finding out.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 12:58:26 PM »

After reading Ramza's review, i think there's a horrible continuity error in this game.
Code:
If Mira isn't there 20 years before the original game's storyline, it means they've forgotten that that continent went wierd after someone tried to remove the End Magnus there. And if they're trying to say that Mira appeared out of nowhere, then it wouldn't have time to have had a Kingdom in 20 years, would it? Unless of course it's one of those times where Mira has phased out of existence - then it would be ok if it wasn't on the world map.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »

Wow I just read the review and I had no idea this game was 70hrs long!  I'm a sidequest nut (I think I have OCD) so I'm sure I'm going to go beyond that.  You were right about staring at the bottom of the screen.  I have no idea if the animations are great or not.  I've died a couple times in regular encounters since I should have been looking up and noticing who the healer was.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 03:32:42 AM »

Grand Master, to answer your question:

Code:
Mira is there. You just don't visit it because it's apparently cloaked in invisibility. When Sagi and co. reach the ground world (where everyone where's those silly masks), they discover that the fifth of the five islands IS Mira, and that Hassaleh isn't one of the original five. The real question is: how does Hassaleh not exist in the original?

Actually, the team technically does go to Mira. Kind of. Beat the game and find out.

Ramza

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: