Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2015, 11:01:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
355478 Posts in 14449 Topics by 2259 Members
Latest Member: hubrisnxs
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Omega Quintet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Omega Quintet  (Read 991 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2015, 06:15:34 PM »

Failure Factory knocks it out of the park.

Retail copies delayed for whatever reasoning, I've forgotten already.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »

Yeah...Kanadeko sunk to the bottom of my crap list instantly when they decided to make her the token boob shover. I was expecting a tomboy with potential story hooks for such an archetype being jammed into what's clearly the lolita brigade. Nope...she's basically whatever archetype Gemini from Sakura Wars highlighted the most. 'So dense that you can molest me and I won't care'. ~_~; Yeah...away with you. Nene is much, much more enjoyable. The little closest psychopath~.

On the plus side, Kero seems to be adoring the designs and I haven't heard her laugh at a game this often in a long time.

Also whatever review that was that grumbled about Takt being too mean missed the point I feel. Adachi ragging on the tired trope moments with unbridled harshness is the sole thing that gives this set up life.

I do really wish IF would learn to just settle down on a full proper soundtrack though. That 'random honks and noises' song stuff was cute back in Mana Khemia...but my gosh has it overstayed it's welcome. The opening five minutes of dialog was almost unbearable due to that poor excuse for a musical composition. Once it shifts into more normal tunes it's good and all but the 'nonsense songs' in JRPGs needs to go the way of the dodo. Soon.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:29:46 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 12:17:24 PM »

Good point about Takt, and thinking back you're absolutely right. In fact, I have to take back what I said about him being rancid. Sure, he's still the token player avatar, but it is good to see him constantly calling out the girls on their shit.
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 02:33:06 PM »

[[EDIT: Another Pro, and this one just for Dice, FANTASTIC Art Book with the CE]]

Missed this till now, but thank ya. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »

Helpful hint to developers: If you're going to askew traditional stat names, at least have SOMEWHERE that explains what they are (I can only assume Song Power is Strength, and Divinity is healing power, but what the hell is Technique?)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2015, 04:15:44 PM »

Helpful hint to developers: If you're going to askew traditional stat names, at least have SOMEWHERE that explains what they are (I can only assume Song Power is Strength, and Divinity is healing power, but what the hell is Technique?)

Ugh, I'm having that issue as well. I can't tell what gear is better for who because of this off naming convention.

Side note time. Kanadeko's been saved from 'worst character' position for now. After a surprisingly tasteful and charming fanservice-ultra-light moment/character development moment cleaning the bathroom. (Yes...I know that phrasing sounds contradictory but they actually did something cute without being anywhere 'Lol, Japan, perv normalicy' you typically see.)

No, that goes to Otoha.

After seeing what happened after she pounced Aria I've come to the decision that Kanadeko's role as boob-pillow is solely because Otoha is the actual fanservice lightning rod here. So if you so happened to be attached to her you're going to be dragged into this ill-omened whirlwind. Combine that with her horribly generic personality and...well...into the bin with you.

Kyouka, to my amusement, feels like a 90% clone of Kyouko from Danganronpa. From the mannerisms down to the name itself. She's becoming Kero's second favorite right next to Aria. Which...eh. I'm indifferent to. She's clearly a walking trope like Otoha but not one detrimental to the sanity of everyone within blast radius.

Interesting discovery as well. Those random 'Key Items' you've been picking up are actually world lore snippets for your Datalog section. Skimmed over the few I have and...huh...why aren't we playing THAT game?

And finally...WHERE WAS THE ********** *** ***** *** ******-ING TUTORIAL FOR MAKING AYUMI SHUT UP? HOLY *ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPHAAAAAAR*?

...I finally found the switch for it though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 04:17:54 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »

Ugh, I'm having that issue as well. I can't tell what gear is better for who because of this off naming convention.

From what I've gathered from some internet searching and a little experimentation of my own:
Song Power - Basic attack power
Stamina - Defensive power (Whether just physical or magical as well, idk)
Knowledge - E. Skill attack power
Divinity - Support Skill power/Maybe magic defense
Technique - Accuracy/Damage Modifier
Vitality - Speed/Wait Time/Turn Order

Also, all weapon power is modified by the stats that particular weapon type increases.

After seeing what happened after she pounced Aria I've come to the decision that Kanadeko's role as boob-pillow is solely because Otoha is the actual fanservice lightning rod here. So if you so happened to be attached to her you're going to be dragged into this ill-omened whirlwind. Combine that with her horribly generic personality and...well...into the bin with you.

She is voiced by one of my all-time favorite VA's who does a really good job with her, regardless of the personality. So there is that.

Kyouka, to my amusement, feels like a 90% clone of Kyouko from Danganronpa. From the mannerisms down to the name itself. She's becoming Kero's second favorite right next to Aria. Which...eh. I'm indifferent to. She's clearly a walking trope like Otoha but not one detrimental to the sanity of everyone within blast radius.

Aria's saving grace, is her sense of humor. At first, I hated her. As I mentioned on the Game Journal thread, she has that typical gothic loli whisper, but done as if she's suffering from a never-ending asthma attack. But then she starts purposely making everyone uncomfortable, staying completely deadpan, and I can't help but smile.

Interesting discovery as well. Those random 'Key Items' you've been picking up are actually world lore snippets for your Datalog section. Skimmed over the few I have and...huh...why aren't we playing THAT game?

Some of them will also spawn a hidden item (the silver boxes) in a dungeon just for having them in your inventory. Revisiting areas is a must in this game!

And finally...WHERE WAS THE ********** *** ***** *** ******-ING TUTORIAL FOR MAKING AYUMI SHUT UP? HOLY *ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPHAAAAAAR*?

...I finally found the switch for it though.

I mentioned this also in the Game Journal thread. I looked for that option right away. It was a neat idea, but couldn't have been executed worse. As Ayumi tries to keep up with the action, she only says half of a line before interrupting herself with the next one, only has about two dozen lines total, and drowns out everything else.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:42:15 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 04:38:51 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on those. I wouldn't have looked nearly as hard without knowing that. But yikes...Chapter 5's side quest count just got insane. X-x I think I spent a good 4 hours working through all of them and I still haven;t turned in the first office 3 yet.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »

Yeah, I'm working on Chapter 5 as well, it is an absolute beast. Turn in one quest, and three more appear, turn in another, and there's your next tier of Mics to gather materials for.

Also, I'm still mad I didn't realize how short Chapter 4 was and let that one quest you get expire.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:39:39 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 07:16:33 PM »

- There needs to be a way to check Chain Attack requirements in battle, there's no way to memorize that insane list. Hell, even the several I have unlocked are easy to forget.

Saw that in the Game Journal and thought I'm mention a discover I just chanced across in case that's still an issue.

In battle when you have the Chain Skill list pulled up you can actually press X while hovering over a combo that's viable to pull off. It'll let you select from there who you want casting which spell and speed up the process immensely.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: