Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2015, 05:54:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
362624 Posts in 14718 Topics by 2285 Members
Latest Member: Moseng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dark Souls 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 424 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/dark-souls-iii-first-details-screenshots-leaked

Praise the sun and the leaks.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:44:32 PM »

Better be the last one and make it as good as it can be so we all can close this book with Dark Souls nicely.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:23:17 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
Administrator

Fear the old blood.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 10:49:45 PM »

Hmmm, I'm worried, gang.  I'm seeing the potential for a similar problem with annualized franchises by multiple development studios.  Do we expect to see the regen system and transforming weapons from Bloodborne in DS3?  If not, that's kind of a step backward, IMO.  I also highly doubt Miyazaki is working on DS3.  I'm more interested in where he goes next rather than getting another game with such a similar style. 
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 11:32:50 AM »

Well, reconsidering the "closing the book" comment I made, DSII and especially Bloodborne are (in general) so removed from Demon's and Dark Souls that is noticable how Miyazaki himself close the book with Artorias of the Abyss when it comes to Souls.

By that I mean that unintentionally or not Demon's, Dark and Artorias of the Abyss form a pillar. And DSII and so on expand from that point further in different ways deliberately, so worrying about DSIII being one way or the other is not the right approach to see this.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
Administrator

Fear the old blood.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 12:35:11 PM »

Those are all definitely good points.  I'm kinda, I don't know, burnt out on this style of game right now.  I even felt a little apprehension at the idea of a Bloodborne expansion, and I love that game!  This all comes across as too much, too fast for me, and I don't really know if I'll be ready for another game of this type (Bloodborne is different from Dark Souls which is different from Demon's Souls, but I'd argue they all fall under the same umbrella) so quickly. 

But hey, we may get a crazy good trailer and demo at E3 that makes me forget all of these worries!  Just have to wait and see, but for now I'm a little wary of this potential announcement. 
timmyFd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »

Hmmm, I'm worried, gang.  I'm seeing the potential for a similar problem with annualized franchises by multiple development studios.  Do we expect to see the regen system and transforming weapons from Bloodborne in DS3?  If not, that's kind of a step backward, IMO.  I also highly doubt Miyazaki is working on DS3.  I'm more interested in where he goes next rather than getting another game with such a similar style.  

As soon as a series goes annual, I pretty much stop paying attention. Happened with FIFA, happened with AssCreed, happened with CoD......
Constancy is inversely proportional to novelty.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:26:31 PM by timmyFd » Logged
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 10:13:09 AM »

Well, this would be more Bi-annually. I'm fine with it since I'm not sure why this type of game would need a long development time if they are using the same engine. What I'm more depressed over is no bloodborne for the PC. Being a sony elusive, its pretty much guaranteed to never be ported. Which is a real shame since the lovecraftian themes are amazing.
timmyFd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »

Well, this would be more Bi-annually. I'm fine with it since I'm not sure why this type of game would need a long development time if they are using the same engine. What I'm more depressed over is no bloodborne for the PC. Being a sony elusive, its pretty much guaranteed to never be ported. Which is a real shame since the lovecraftian themes are amazing.

Bloodborne was this year and Dark Souls 2 was last year. If this comes out in 2016, that's annually surely?
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »

From Software have past form for this though. 64 releases in just over 20 years, they've always been a very prolific developer.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 01:52:53 PM »

@timmyFd: Don't forget about Scholar of the First Sin. At the same time though, I would recommend not to stress over release dates so much. Those things are push back and forward to the point it doesn't matter. What matters however is Dark Souls III itself, and if it comes out soon that's great but if it needs some time to let that one cook then that's fine as well I guess.

Also, small rant here but, I wish seemingly everyone would stop doing these "leaks", announcements of announcements, giving vague dates or talking way too early about projects already. The world doesn't need more cases like The Last Guardian or MGSV.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:43:18 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: