Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 08, 2016, 07:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
376995 Posts in 15092 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Unsung Story: A Kickstarter by Yasumi Matsuno.  (Read 25478 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2016, 06:51:23 AM »

So glad I pulled my pledge from this project before it ended. I still occasionally check the page just to see how the backers are reacting.

Hope it's not done for as it does look promising. A reminder to myself though of why I won't back any projects anymore though.
I strongly suspect that it is never going to get finished. One of their past updates gave me the impression that they had some financial issues as a company over the summer, and the fact that they are going into turtle mode again leads me to believe that the financial troubles are ongoing or have reappeared. Further there is apparently another project out there where Playdek was handling the coding for the conversion of a board game to a mobile game (their bread and butter) and I have seen people mention that the game company that had hired Playdek has been having issues getting any response from Playdek. So yeah, not looking good.

However I don't think you should use this as a reason to not back anything via Kickstarter. There are plenty of projects out there that do deliver exactly what they promise. Just never believe delivery date promises because those are almost always 100% wrong. And if you are concerned about a project not being delivered, don't back big.
Andrew
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2016, 02:58:03 PM »

Oh, I actually didn't back this one, Ranadiel. But I've seen enough failures/excessively long delays/disappointing results that I decided some time ago not to back anything any more. I've backed 10 projects over the years and the results are...

3x Successful, delivered roughly on time.
2x Successful, delivered late.
1x Still in progress, still on target.
4x Still in progress, all extremely delayed (like, 1-2 years+ past deadline - long enough I don't care about them anymore).

Overall, I could have done much worse, but I've read/seen about plenty of horror stories.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2016, 07:40:59 AM »

Saw this in the Misc. Game News thread, and figured it should be posted here.

Unsung Story on Indefinite Hold

Sounds like what I was thinking was happening behind the scenes was happening. So glad I pulled my pledge at this point. My sympathies for those who did pledge. Considering they mention financial strength of the company, refunds are unlikely to happened until they get sued by a state's attorney general at which point the company is probably going to have to file for bankruptcy as it likely does not have that kind of cash on hand.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: