Author Topic: Pokemon Sun & Moon (11/18/2016)

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Sun & Moon (11/18/2016)
« Reply #390 on: October 24, 2017, 10:57:16 PM »
I agree with Hathen. I like Kanto and Johto. You were just a kid traveling the region, stopping the Mafia, maybe finding an old ruin here or there. Now it's just crazier and crazier world-ending schemes and I'm tired of it.

Agreed as well. Honestly, I feel like gyms and the Elite 4 are more and more on the periphery with every new generation. I'd be up for a much more simple adventure again, with a solid rival (get rid of the annoying friends) and a focus on being the best Pokemon master in the region.

Draak

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 24, 2017, 11:14:31 PM »
Kanto and Johto were lovely adventures indeed. I'm really fond of Black1/White1 too, felt it was a modernized take on Red/Blue and God bless playing with older PCs. Sun/Moon, otoh were super boring, not to mention the PC was some creepy always smiling kid.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 02, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »
New trailer is up. Speculation is that the first portion is about the after story episode. So avoid if you don't want spoilers I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhtZHn3vDc

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 03, 2017, 06:09:16 AM »
That's kinda cool, kind of a reversal of the PWT from Black and White 2. Still, it's really weird that it's looking like there's going to be no new Alolan forms in the game, when you'd think that would be the most marketable thing they could go for (mirroring all the Megas they put into ORAS).

One more announcement in a week or so though, so we'll see. I'd be surprised if they announced more Alolan forms because it would mean they've done a really good job keeping it under wraps. More likely it'll just be an official announcement of the special Z Move Mimikyu is going to get.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 08, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »
So as an FYI, a text dump of all the game's text files now exists on the Interwebs, so if you care about spoilers regarding new content be very careful when going to any place to discuss USUM as pretty much everything is now known.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 08, 2017, 11:57:54 PM »
Read a couple of the leaks from the text files...I gotta say these games sound pretty disappointing. It's funny how with every single trailer that came out I kept hearing people say how they were holding back on the really interesting announcements either because they were saving the best ones for last, or because for once they were not going to reveal every last detail before release. Turns out it was neither and it was correct to just say they had very little to show.

Spoiler: show
I guess that's a bit unfair, fighting every evil team boss is a neat little feature, but I bet it'll just be a bunch of boss fights with little else attached. And I doubt there's significant changes to the story and in terms of new Pokemon to play around with that boils down to, what, 5 sub-legendaries? Compare that to ORAS which offered like 15+ new Megas, and I didn't even like ORAS.