Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2015, 02:43:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
367951 Posts in 14860 Topics by 2308 Members
Latest Member: Godofelru
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 5  (Read 241 times)

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 10:31:13 AM »

Which I imagine it will be at some stage.

Will it? I'm sincerely curious whether or not the Vita actually has that kind of power. It can't even emulate past generation Dynasty Warriors games without severely cutting corners by limiting the fields or drastically cutting the draw distance. From what all I remember those are pretty comparable because while Disgaea doesn't use 3D models or anything, there's supposedly a lot of power being drawn from the console's hardware for calculations, enemy counts, ect. (I seem to recall even as something as basic as D3's tower-based antics had to be done on a PS3 because the PS2 couldn't handle such things alongside the massive amount of data calculations a Disgaea game requires; despite all being 2D Sprite-Based.)

Currently to back this, Disgaea D2 dropped about 2 years ago and there hasn't been a single peep about a Vita port for that. Making me think there's some reason it can't be done until we see whatever the next Sony handheld is.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 12:41:26 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Towns Car Marty
Contributing Editor

Frog Enthusiast, Ridiculous

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 11:12:39 AM »

D4 got re-released on Vita last year. I figured they skipped D2 due to the lukewarm reception? Anyway, you could be right about D5; you're allowed to have 100 units in your stock and that sounds like a lot for the Vita to manage.

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »

Yeah, that was my thought about the other games as well.  I imagined D5 would make it to Vita somehow, based on those previous experiences.  I tell you what, I use my Vita mostly as a way to play my PS4 games, even though I've got a couple of fun Vita games waiting to be played.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: