Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 03:44:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338690 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth  (Read 564 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »

It's coming out and I wrote a thing about it! http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/Persona_Q_Shadow_of_the_Labyrinth/index.html

Anyone else looking forward to this? Dreading it due to its lack of Persona purity? (snrk).

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:24:01 PM »

Honestly, while I feel the P3/P4 thing has been over-done well beyond anything I can tolerate, this title looks like a blast. I find the art direction extremely refreshing for Persona (as well as SMT in general for that matter) of course stylistically I can see a number of fans being horribly displeased with it. I tend to think the more playful and far less mature presentation is going to prove a real "love it or hate it" element amongst franchise vets who come to the table for a different and darker flavor in their RPG.

I'm all sorts of unhappy its on 3DS and not any home consoles. I would really be on board if I can get it on the big screen.

On the flip side, it has spawned the most tempting CE 3DS hardware I have seen yet.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »

I'm really hyped for this game. I loved Etrian Odyssey IV but now the characters have a good personality to them, and it might even have a nice story which is a plus.
I'm just a bit sad about the release date. I doubt I'll be able to get the game where I live before next year.

dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 03:46:04 AM »

I am not sure yet but I am keeping informed about it. I enjoy most SMT games. I am now playing Nocturne (a.k.a Lucifer's Call) and having a great time. I also got Devil Summoner 1 and 2 on the PSN, I own Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 on the PS2 since a few years back, got Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and I got my name into the instruction manual for Devil Survivor 2 since I was one of the people backing the EU release.

I am not a fan of chibi art but if the game is good I will get it. Still waiting for SMT IV to get a EU release first.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 05:01:33 AM »

waiting for price drop cause Atlus thinks it's cool to charge $50 for a 3DS game
Bushidou777
Time is Concept which Recognize,The change of things

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 02:38:37 PM »

I am all over this game Looking forward to the story more then anything else not really interested in the battles which is very odd for me.

mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »

Heard some of the music which sounded great and I like these old school dungeon crawlers so will put this on the radar.   At the minute though there's too much else coming out at the same time!
Damacon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »

I must say I am more excited for the Etrian Odyssey that actually has main characters that follow a story. I feel I would like this game more than the other persona games but all in all I just was never really into the setting of High Schoolers by day and demon trainers by night thing. All the tedious time management things always really bothered me as I felt I could never really do what I wanted to without worrying about missing something important.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 04:31:49 PM »

I must say I am more excited for the Etrian Odyssey that actually has main characters that follow a story. I feel I would like this game more than the other persona games but all in all I just was never really into the setting of High Schoolers by day and demon trainers by night thing. All the tedious time management things always really bothered me as I felt I could never really do what I wanted to without worrying about missing something important.

It's odd that you say that, because normally I'd HATE a game centered around the daily lives of high school students.  But I think what makes persona so great is that it uses the daily lives/high school theme in order to frame it's characters as totally normal people thrust into completely abnormal situations.  They are normal kids who go to school and deal with life's bullshit (like cunty teachers and dickface classmates) and then have to put all of those things (that are hard enough on their own) aside and oh-by-the-way go fight a bunch of monsters in a dimension between/beyond time (at least in Persona 3's case). 

I tend to gravitate more towards more adult themed characters but in Persona's case, I don't know how effective following some plumber or electrician around for 9 months would have been.  Though, that worked to a degree in Catherine.

Damacon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 04:58:59 PM »

Well really that story wouldn't bother me if they didn't go back to high school the next day lol. I don't mind characters that are normal who are thrust into worlds of chaos but the fact that they go back to that normal high school setting everyday. I never made it to far in the games so I don't know if they get better but I felt like the majority of my time playing them was spent doing stupid highschool skits and running around getting up umm <real life stats I guess is what you would call them lol>.

To be fair the problem is that I always lost interest or got frustrated with the time management before the actual story and gameplay could pick up so Its more my fault then the game.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:07:04 PM by Damacon » Logged
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 05:39:06 PM »

I have the limited edition of this preordered.

dagas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 06:52:52 AM »

I like the fact that you get to follow them in their high school life. The day to day things interest me more than the dungeon crawling. Like the school trips in P3 and P4 they are always funny. Also despite being teenagers the persona games deal with more adult and serious issues than most games. I wish more games used that setting but it is mostly used in visual novels and not many RPGs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: