Author Topic: The Next Fire Emblem Thread

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
The Next Fire Emblem Thread
« on: March 08, 2018, 02:39:12 AM »
In before yet another Kozaki designed Male/Avatar (but clearly implied to default to Male) Sword Lord (take THAT Leif).

But yeah, the next Nintendo Direct was announced yesterday, set for today, its highly likely that we'll finally get something from that announced FE Switch from that FE Direct last year, but I'll be finishing up my deliveries for the day on the opposite side of town when this goes down, and I really wanted to make the above joke. Link to the offending Direct: https://gematsu.com/2018/03/switch-3ds-focused-nintendo-direct-set-march-8 (watch it totally have nothing worthwhile, let alone anything about any supposed FE Switches)

Basically, I'm really hoping for a Female Lord this time (or at least a Female Lord that's not incompetent/overshadowed by the male lords; i.e. Lucina if she were an actual Lord instead of an honorary one (outside of certain DLC)), and preferably one sans the crotch window (I'll endure Miniskirts and/or Bicycle Shorts). Basically, I'd like a female FE character to get a Prf that isn't also on her male counterpart and not added to a remake because IntSyst decided to make their dramatic change there (last one was Thani all the way back in FE10). Bonus points if the Lord this time is a Bow or Staff Lord instead of yet another Sword Lord.

Other hopes include it actually being good, and having an artist that isn't Kozaki (he got better with Fates, but I still feel like his designs are too messy and not actually well designed; especially the female stuffs).

And hell, if this does turn out to be a total bust, then I'll repurpose this as a general Megathread (although the Heroes talk can remain in that thread since it'd just bury this one).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Limlight

• View Profile
Re: The Next Fire Emblem Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:31:20 PM »
was choosing between m/f  in fates such a bad thing? I liked having the option. Also, being able to pick weapon type would be nice for a change.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 03:36:29 PM »
being able to pick weapon type would be nice for a change.

Gamechanger
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:45:45 PM »
Well, so much for that.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
Well, so much for that.

I guess we got 'a' Smash Bros, but I suspect its merely a Switch port of For. The rest was just ports and DLC. I guess Directs can finally join Iwata in the afterlife.

was choosing between m/f  in fates such a bad thing? I liked having the option. Also, being able to pick weapon type would be nice for a change.

Not so much that as it felt like the games heavily implied that Birthright was written for Male Corrin while Conquest was written for Female Corrin. Plus Avatars tend to lead to situations like Fate's Hyperbolic Time Chambers while not helping out characters like Say'ri or Scarlet due to their Avatar-sexual status.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 07:54:06 PM »
I wouldn't mind them using the Echoes battle system or at least nerf the power that some weapons have over other players (that's a nice 18th level pegasus knight you have, I hope you don't mind me sending it to heaven with one arrow). Also feel free to ripoff Banner Saga's 1-3 battle penalty for your player getting axed or severely wounded.