Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334452 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 22662 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »

Tabata wants (Co-Director) Final Fantasy XV to be the highest-acclaimed, highest-profitable FF ever! -- NeoGAF

"Square Enix uploaded their annual report today, and it contains a section called "Creator's Voice". "

Oh great... now they'll expect 8,000,000 units and plan the budget accordingly =/
#SquareBankruptcy
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »

They still have a way to go in terms of rebuilding people's faith in the final fantasy brand.

That's kind of hilarious given how jaded a big portion of the fanbase is and how strongly they can hate more modern FFs because "is not FFVII!" or other reasons that you can find in a bunch of forums and sites.

If anything XV is gonna be as divisive as any other FF in the end. But hey I could be wrong, who knows.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »

They still have a way to go in terms of rebuilding people's faith in the final fantasy brand.

That's kind of hilarious given how jaded a big portion of the fanbase is and how strongly they can hate more modern FFs because "is not FFVII!" or other reasons that you can find in a bunch of forums and sites.

If anything XV is gonna be as divisive as any other FF in the end. But hey I could be wrong, who knows.

For every FF-title that comes out there is always a faction of people screaming about how much they hate it, and that all modern final fantasies past (insert random number, most often 7, 10 or 12) have been total shit. That is pretty par for the course and unavoidable in a series that makes such drastic changes between each iteration.

I think that the public discontent caused by people hating on the Lightning-trilogy (which I don't have much against, personally) and the train-wreck that was the initial FFXIV launch has soured a lot of mouths. FFXIV version 1.0 wasn't really divisive, it was just straight up bad. They are certainly working towards fixing that with a realm reborn, but I would still argue that the brand HAS been damaged. I wouldn't be surprised if that could be reflected in the sales and in the critical acclaim of future titles.

My point is that while I still think(/hope) FFXV will be an awesome game, I think it's foolish to think it stands a big chance of being the most profitable FF-game yet, especially considering how much money has already been poured into the development of that game.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »

Tabata wants (Co-Director) Final Fantasy XV to be the highest-acclaimed, highest-profitable FF ever! -- NeoGAF

"Square Enix uploaded their annual report today, and it contains a section called "Creator's Voice". "

You know, I would too if I was working on a project that took over 8 years to get out the door when it probably should've only taken 3-4 years at most...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »

Oh great... now they'll expect 8,000,000 units and plan the budget accordingly =/
#SquareBankruptcy

I'm sure a lot of companies go in thinking that too. =/
Hey guyz, we're gonna sell bajillions!

Granted, I've always told myself if I were to go to prison, i'd spend the time working on a book, but like the next literary masterpiece!!!!   Given FF15 has been in production forever, hopefully they've only nabbed the best of the best of the best of the best ideas and fit them in the game to make their lofty goal.
So yeah, talk is cheap.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2013, 11:14:10 AM »

@unsmashable_pumpkin: We are no longer in 2009/10' and certain things have changed since then, so we'll see.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:29:29 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »

@unsmashable_pumpkin: We are no longer in 2009/10' and certain things have changed since then, so we'll see.

That is true, and the game is not out for a while yet, anyway. I would love to be wrong on this.

After Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs and Hitman selling below expectations, despite Tomb Raider selling more than any other previous game, I don't have that much faith in SE budgeting prowess. :(
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »

But let's remember, Square reorganized and acknowledged that they have management and business issues, so I think you'll see more realistic expectations from them, going forward.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 03:39:37 PM »

But let's remember, Square reorganized and acknowledged that they have management and business issues, so I think you'll see more realistic expectations from them, going forward.

I don't know, they say they've learned their lesson and then they immediately turn around and go, "and Final Fantasy XV will be the bestest selling Final Fantasy game evar!"

Doesn't seem to me like they've actually learned anything...

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2013, 03:55:01 PM »

Well, to be fair, THEY didn't say that, Tabata just said that's what he HOPES to do with it. I don't think he gets any say in what the suits decide good sales numbers are. Plus, this was from a shareholders conference (I think?), so of course he's not going to say "I have modest expectations." :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »

Well, to be fair, THEY didn't say that, Tabata just said that's what he HOPES to do with it. I don't think he gets any say in what the suits decide good sales numbers are. Plus, this was from a shareholders conference (I think?), so of course he's not going to say "I have modest expectations." :)

http://youtu.be/ussCHoQttyQ
FINALLY A USE FOR THIS

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III not in simultaneous development, says Shinji Hashimoto -- Source: Gematsu
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:10:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2013, 12:18:51 AM »

Basically it means "Kingdom Hearts fans, please wait 6 to 7 years".

But with all honesty, I think it's alright. It's not as if they didn't release a bunch of KH games over these years. Sure not all of them are up to pair of what we saw on PS2, but Birth by Sleep was so good it even made a person who didn't like KH like myself to have that game as one of the best PSP games. I just got KH 3D but haven't even touched it yet, but I also heard a good amount of nice things about it.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2013, 12:34:26 AM »

Basically it means "Kingdom Hearts fans, please wait 6 to 7 years".

But with all honesty, I think it's alright. It's not as if they didn't release a bunch of KH games over these years. Sure not all of them are up to pair of what we saw on PS2, but Birth by Sleep was so good it even made a person who didn't like KH like myself to have that game as one of the best PSP games. I just got KH 3D but haven't even touched it yet, but I also heard a good amount of nice things about it.

Micromanaging aside, I loved KH3D, though it seems to be more a matter of debate among fans.  I thought it made the *best* out of the Disney worlds this time around.  The Disney version of Notre Dame is beautifully created to include every part of the movie and then some (and a goddamn duplicate of the cathedral itself!!).
Anyways, any qualms people have with it, I will say it's a solid handheld.

And yeah, I'm really, really excited for the "2.5" Remix we see of KH with both KH2 and BBS on there.  I loved 'breaking' BBS especially, and playing it again without any lag and all the bells and whistles of the Final Mix will be a real treat. ...and maybe a real chance to take on the Mirage Arena since networking on the PSP was a pain in the ass.

KH3 can take its time.  Hell, be great to see what worlds they can work in (Tron: Legacy was a great and recent addition to KH3DS; if the movie was 2010, and the game was 2011, then I'm curious if there might be worlds yet unannounced).  I'm excited, but the "trailer" they released looked more like a tech demo, so I'm not surprised they showed off KH3 waaay, waaaaaay too early and we'll be seeing it for like the 15th anni of the series.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2013, 03:42:18 AM »

Micromanaging aside, I loved KH3D, though it seems to be more a matter of debate among fans.  I thought it made the *best* out of the Disney worlds this time around.  The Disney version of Notre Dame is beautifully created to include every part of the movie and then some (and a goddamn duplicate of the cathedral itself!!).

Yes, but those beautiful worlds were completely empty of life. That actually dispapointed me more than anything else in that game. "Wow, look at Notre Dame! ...Wait, where are the people?"

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: