Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.

NickRansbottom

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« Reply #1605 on: August 29, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »
Hmm. You know, I think XV might be my third favorite FF game. It's definitely in my top five. I'd like to say my order is:
  • XII
  • X
  • XV
  • IX
  • V
But I'm not sure.. it fluctuates. I also haven't played a decent chunk of FF games, and it's been a long time since I've played IX and V.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 29, 2017, 04:24:20 PM »
something something XIII

something something inevitable debate

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 29, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
You know now I remember.. you could play FF5 with the anthology CD that was 5 and 6.. but I had already played 6 and thus didn't want to get the bundle.

If they had released it as one single entry similar to the DS edition of 3, or even 2 FFs that I hadn't played such as I and II with the Origins release on PSX, well then I can and did play all of those.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 29, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »
Final Fantasy V was on the Gameboy Advance. That's where I played it. It was better-translated and had a few minor nifty additions, too, so I always felt like it was the definitive version...especially after that weird mobile remake...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 29, 2017, 10:42:12 PM »
I think if you don't count Tactics, then FFXV has made it into my top five main series FF games, surprisingly.  It certainly isn't perfect and I don't think they'll ever end up patching in everything I'd want from the game, but overall I had a nice experience with it and will likely replay once it stops getting updates.

My top five:
5.5. XV
5. Tictacs
4. X
3. VIII
2. IX
1. VII

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 29, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »
Final Fantasy V was on the Gameboy Advance. That's where I played it. It was better-translated and had a few minor nifty additions, too, so I always felt like it was the definitive version...especially after that weird mobile remake...

Excepting the garbage fire that was the GBA's speakers. Fortunately, FFV was made before Square learned how to program for the Super Famicom and was also kind of Umetsu's day off (Exdeath's battle theme, Battle on Big Bridge and the Opening were probably the best tracks from that game and are rare to hear most of the time). Unfortunately FFVI had a really good overall soundtrack, which made its GBA version really awful.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 30, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »
Thanks to The Zodiac Age, my new FF Top 5 looks like this:

1. Tactics
2. VI
3. VII
4. XII TZA
5. X-2
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 30, 2017, 05:58:58 PM »
I feel like top 5 FFs probably fits better in the FF General thread, but whatever.

5. FF5/FF8/FF13 (one of these, not sure which)
4. FF7*
3. FF4
2. FF6
1. FF9

*- I'm really iffy on my feelings on FF7 because I was overhyped when I first played it, then I hated it for being overhyped after having played a wider breadth of RPGs, and now I'm not 100% sure on where I feel it belongs since it has been so long since I played it and my feelings have been all over the place on it.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 30, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »
I've recently had a change of heart on this, but (not including Tactics)

5. IX
4. VI
3. XII
2. XIII
1. Shut up

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 31, 2017, 12:05:28 AM »
1. FF5
2. FF13
3. FF7
4. All the rest 'cause they're all about an 8/10 to me for various reasons.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 31, 2017, 01:07:39 AM »
Oh geez, we're all really doing this? Okay, I'll bite...

1) FFV
2) FF3
3) FF7
4) XIV
5) FF1
6) FFXI

Last 2 were more of a nostalgia, vote, though...

Actually, I still gotta play through XV (which I stopped after a certain infamous chapter) and the HD versions of IX and XII to see how they hold up, so this may change...but I will say that the rest aren't far behind, in all honesty. The only FF games I didn't like at all were FF2 and Lightning Returns. But FF2's remakes are at least serviceable, so I don't hate it.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 31, 2017, 02:05:31 AM »
I feel like I really must have missed something with XV, seeing so many of you love it, because I hated it. It's almost at the bottom of my list.

Jumping on the bandwagon with my favs though:

1. XII
2. VII
3. IX
4. X
5. IV

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 31, 2017, 06:35:52 AM »
I feel like I really must have missed something with XV, seeing so many of you love it, because I hated it. It's almost at the bottom of my list.
Don't worry, you are not alone on feeling that way. In all honesty, FFXV might be the nail in the coffin that finally gets me to stop buying FFs. Although I think I would probably put it at 5 on my most worst FF list.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 31, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »
1. FF9

Oooh, excellent choice.  Probably my #1 FF I Most Need To Replay.  Dat soundtrack...

1. FF5

You're a good person.  Thoughts on Dimensions?

1) FFV

You're also a good person!  Definitely did not expect to see V at the top spot this much.  It's probably the FF that most deserves to be in my Top 5, but isn't.

1. XII

Was this pre-TZA?

Don't worry, you are not alone on feeling that way. In all honesty, FFXV might be the nail in the coffin that finally gets me to stop buying FFs. Although I think I would probably put it at 5 on my most worst FF list.

I remember it was the two of you who made me feel like I was the only one who liked XV and must, therefore, be dumb (not stated, but kinda heavily implied).  That being said, it's nowhere near Top 5, for me.  A middle-of-the-road FF with such greatness, and such flaws.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 31, 2017, 09:33:33 AM »
Final Fantasy XV:  This is a fantasy based on incredibly mixed opinions.

TASTY!