Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.

Frostillicus

• View Profile
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« Reply #1620 on: August 31, 2017, 09:52:58 AM »
  • IV
  • VI
  • IX
  • V
  • X

Fuck the haters.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: August 31, 2017, 09:58:39 AM »
  • IV
  • VI
  • IX
  • V
  • X

Fuck the haters.

Who hates IV?

I'm not a fan of SNES IV (on-rails FF is bad FF), but Complete Collection on PSP is literally a perfect Final Fantasy.  One of the best FF experiences I have ever had.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 31, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »
  • IV
  • VI
  • IX
  • V
  • X

Fuck the haters.

Who hates IV?

Me, with an emboldened passion akin to the fires of the sun. Fuck that game, fuck the red wings, fuck paladerp Cecil, fuck Rosa, double fuck Kain and his braindead backstabbing traitorous ass, and screw the developers for making Tellah bite the dust, those fuckung Spoony Bards!

TASTY!

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 31, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
^ Nuts to you, fella.

Case in point. Didn't take long at all.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 31, 2017, 11:11:02 AM »
^ Nuts to you, fella.

Case in point. Didn't take long at all.
Hey the rest of your list is acceptable.

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 31, 2017, 12:03:35 PM »
  • IV
  • VI
  • IX
  • V
  • X

Fuck the haters.

Who hates IV?

Me, with an emboldened passion akin to the fires of the sun. Fuck that game, fuck the red wings, fuck paladerp Cecil, fuck Rosa, double fuck Kain and his braindead backstabbing traitorous ass, and screw the developers for making Tellah bite the dust, those fuckung Spoony Bards!

Ha ha!  But seriously, though, who hates IV?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 31, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
  • IV
  • VI
  • IX
  • V
  • X

Fuck the haters.

Who hates IV?

Ha ha!  But seriously, though, who hates IV?
In all seriousness, I just didn't care for IV. I played the ps1 version that came with chrono trigger, and it had some really strange issues that started my dislike of it. I played the gba port which was A LOT better, but the story still blew chunks imo. Kain was always a twat, Rosa was always all "oh my goodness, I'm a such a waste of strong lead, Cecil as a paladin was just meh, Tellah was awesome til he started losing stats as he leveled...I just can't remember liking much of anything aside from Rydia becoming a badass and FuSoYa having the funniest name ever.

On topic (FINALLY), did anyone mess with the multiplayer beta stuff in XV?

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 31, 2017, 12:17:06 PM »
I didn't get into the beta, sadly.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 31, 2017, 12:49:42 PM »
I feel like I really must have missed something with XV, seeing so many of you love it, because I hated it. It's almost at the bottom of my list.

Me too (though XIII is still worse...), but I haven't commented in this thread in a while because I decided to stop beating that dead horse.  I've already said my piece about the game.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 31, 2017, 04:58:06 PM »
@Arvis Apologies if I made you feel that way earlier in the topic! I'm sure that wasn't my intention. :) And yeah, I actually loved XII even before Zodiac!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: August 31, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »
@Arvis Apologies if I made you feel that way earlier in the topic! I'm sure that wasn't my intention. :) And yeah, I actually loved XII even before Zodiac!

No problem!  Being such a huge fan of XII, do you prefer TZA, or the original Vanilla?

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 31, 2017, 07:08:08 PM »

No problem!  Being such a huge fan of XII, do you prefer TZA, or the original Vanilla?

I haven't played enough of TZA yet to have a definite opinion. Overall, I'd definitely say TZA is an improvement and makes a lot of really great fixes. The only thing I find weird, as convenient as the speed-up function is, I feel like it also makes me hurry through the game without enjoying the areas as much as I did last time though. Obviously I could not use it, but it's very tempting sometimes.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: August 31, 2017, 11:22:19 PM »
XV and XII seem almost diametrically opposed with certain people, as I really like XV and consider XII completely unplayable. XIII also, but to a lesser extent. 

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 01, 2017, 01:12:46 AM »
XV and XII seem almost diametrically opposed with certain people, as I really like XV and consider XII completely unplayable. XIII also, but to a lesser extent.

Eh, I think I'd put both in the same ball-park. They're both relatively flawed, particularly in the story department, but their gameplay and worlds - as well as a few memorable characters - make it worth the journey. Yet that gameplay also doesn't seem to sit well with people for various reasons...that I personally don't really get. FFXII I better understood the complaints, but I always felt it was reasonably enjoyable, and a nice twist on the MMO-esque gameplay that usually bores me to tears. If anything, it gave me an idea as to why MMO players put up with the classic psuedo-turn-based combat, since it seems to be more interesting when coordinating with a group rather than fighting solo. FFXV, though, seems pretty fine to me. Reminds me a lot of Kingdom Hearts in the best of ways. Reasonably fast-paced without becoming unwieldy or repetitive; more than a few interesting monsters to fight, especially during hunts; and allies that you don't have to rely on, yet are still useful enough that I don't feel like I'm better off just playing without a party like I do in most other Action-RPGs. And I just loved exploring the fantasy world they set up. It's close enough to the real world that the fantasy twists added a sense of surrealism, and made it a lot easier for me to understand what it must be like to live in their world, often without forcing me to sift through long-winded explanations and dialogue trees (a frequent point of contention I have with Western RPGs, especially considering how many do very little to make their medieval fantasy worlds stand out).

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 01, 2017, 05:35:44 AM »
^ Actually, "unwieldy" is EXACTLY how I would describe XV's combat. Between the floatiness of the dodge mechanic, the chaotic aiming of pulling off special moves, and the sheer amount of stuff you need to pay attention to, I just can't wrap my head around it.

Also @Arvis I never played Dimensions, unfortunately.