Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319822 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 10553 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »

Nah, I don't think shit even happened.  The games were never closely related.  They were never really intended to be in the same universe.  The mythos is the only thing they had in common from the start.

'Cause, you know, crystals.  No Final Fantasy game ever obsessed over crystals before...

Back before XIII was released someone from SQEX said that they were working on making all those three games being connected by the mythos thing. They never said how direct the connections were going to be, but after the reception XIII I think SQEX decided to change and expand part of their of own mess for the future. Though I'm not entirely sure about that nor is important at this point to be honest.

Also FNC has more to do with Gods and souls as far I remember right now.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2013, 07:07:54 PM »

We had the 15 trailer playing at work.  THe way they say "crystal" made me smile every time....

KU-RI-SUTARU!!!!!

So, if this is a fantasy based on reality, is the crystal really Cristal- that stupidly expensive champagne all those "bling bling" rappers drink? 

I approve of this nonsense!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2013, 07:15:56 PM »

We had the 15 trailer playing at work.  THe way they say "crystal" made me smile every time....

KU-RI-SUTARU!!!!!

So, if this is a fantasy based on reality, is the crystal really Cristal- that stupidly expensive champagne all those "bling bling" rappers drink? 

I'd get the "Ghetto Costume DLC" pack even if it cost $20.  Every time an attack connects, the player character lets out one of 10 new voice bites, each more 'gangster' than the one before it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2013, 08:24:50 PM »

Gentlemen (and Dice), I believe the take away you're looking for is that Squeenix should be banned from making compilations altogether (actually they should've been banned back when they ran the Mana series into the ground with that awful World of Mana compilation or similarly awful FFVII compilation; but hindsight is 20/20 and those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and so on, blah blah blah....).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »

Gentlemen (and Dice), I believe the take away you're looking for is that Squeenix should be banned from making compilations altogether (actually they should've been banned back when they ran the Mana series into the ground with that awful World of Mana compilation or similarly awful FFVII compilation; but hindsight is 20/20 and those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, and so on, blah blah blah....).

I consider it a mixed blessing.  I have too little time and money to afford all of these being good.  Certainly a good way to shit on reputation.

I'm looking forward to an actual release date for this game or real information. 
But with whoever does the PR for Squeenix, I have a feeling we'll be getting "news" for FF13-2-2 on 60/80 costumes she wears at this rate.

ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »

KU-RI-SUTARU!!!!!

I'd get the "Ghetto Costume DLC" pack even if it cost $20.  Every time an attack connects, the player character lets out one of 10 new voice bites, each more 'gangster' than the one before it.

I immediately pictured this Skyrim mod for XIV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUP5ofaO8tU
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »

KU-RI-SUTARU!!!!!

I immediately pictured this Skyrim mod for XIV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUP5ofaO8tU

This is the best Skyrim thing ever.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2013, 10:45:46 PM »

That's not the Macho Man.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »

It's the one that makes me laugh the most, but for general purpose I love: NSFW link (some images) http://skyrimbyapollyn.webs.com/screens

It's an insane mod pack (30ish GB) that makes the world way more beautiful with adding tons of foliage to the towns and gigantic trees and different anime style weapon packs... the only thing I don't like is it turns *all* NPCs into elfy anime girls, including the men. And it doesn't change the voices. So you have a world entirely filled with cutesy anime girls with giant weapons and deep manly voices.

Still, turning voices off and subtitles on it's pretty as hell and makes the game something entirely new. But running all these mods kicks me down to 30ish FPS... and I can't manage the ENB on top of them or I get around 8 FPS average.
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »

That's not the Macho Man.

Just looked it up on youtube, as I had never seen it before. Hilarious and kind of creepy at the same time. Good stuff!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »

Tokyo Game Show official site lists Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III -- Source: Nova Crystallis
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2013, 04:57:43 PM »

Believe me or not, I have explained that this gameplay is the ultimate gameplay for an action-RPG ten years ago (in a french website) they call me a fool. Now I have the light in the eyes when I have discovered the combat trailer !!
This game will be maybe my only reason to buy a Playstation 4 !! the ultimate fighting spirit game that I have waited since the begnning of my rpg gamer life !! Dissidia was close, Kingdom hearth was cool but in a too "kindy" world (yeah I know the philosophical drama was very mature when we read the boss meditations about the relativity, but Sora was so disconnected of the relativity part).
Now this FF15 gonna be epic !! mouhahahahahah

Gamer without fronteer.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »

Not really a surprise.

Are there bound to be any surprises this year?

It seems like everything that's coming is stuff we already know about, and it's not like they're going to announce localisations for NA there.

I guess there's always new PS4 stuff.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »

Tabata wants (Co-Director) Final Fantasy XV to be the highest-acclaimed, highest-profitable FF ever! -- NeoGAF

"Square Enix uploaded their annual report today, and it contains a section called "Creator's Voice". "
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2013, 09:26:42 AM »

Kingdom hearth was cool but in a too "kindy" world (yeah I know the philosophical drama was very mature when we read the boss meditations about the relativity, but Sora was so disconnected of the relativity part).

Wait, what does "kindy" actually mean? And when you mention relativity I am assuming you are referring to moral relativism? Beause I do not really agree that Kingdom Hearts actually covered that concept with any great depth or maturity.
Kingdom Hearts quasi-philosophical dabbelings started out cute and charming, but has since transformed into an incoherent convoluted mess imo.

Tabata wants (Co-Director) Final Fantasy XV to be the highest-acclaimed, highest-profitable FF ever! -- NeoGAF

"Square Enix uploaded their annual report today, and it contains a section called "Creator's Voice". "

It's good to be ambitious, I suppose, but words are cheap. :/
They still have a way to go in terms of rebuilding people's faith in the final fantasy brand.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: