Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:33:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330153 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 17723 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »

The world is ever changing... For the fifteenth coming.

Director : Tetsuya Nomura
Co-Director : Hajime Tabata
Writer : Kazushige Nojima
Character Designer(s) : Tetsuya Nomura & Roberto Ferrari
Lead Art Director : Takeshi Nozue
Composer : Yoko Shimomura
Designer(s) : Yuichi Kanemori & Takayoshi Nakazato
Programmer(s) : Hiroshi Harata & Kentarou Yasui
Producer : Shinji Hashimoto

Platform(s) : PlayStation 4 / Xbox One
Genre : Action RPG

Official Website(s) : Japan / International

Story:

The only crystal left to the world lies in the Kingdom of Lucis. Upon striking a peace with the garrison state of Niflheim, Lucis rejoices in having at last brought the cold war to a close. Their celebrations, however, are premature. Under the guise of amity, Niflheim dispels the anti-armament runewall and launches a full-scale invasion of the kingdom. The peaceful lives Crown Prince Noctis and his entourage once knew are consumed by the flames of war as they struggle to mount a resistance.

Trailer(s):

Announcement Trailer / E3 2013

Battle Gameplay First Look / E3 2013

FINAL FANTASY XV for TGS / Tokyo Game Show 2013
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:00:06 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »

It suddenly occurs to me that this looks a lot like the game they originally wanted to make FFXIII-1 with the on field battles and stuff.

Other than that observation though, I have to ask, how many more of these FFXVersus threads are there going to be before the game gets released in 20XX?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »

I have to ask, how many more of these FFXVersus threads are there going to be before the game gets released in 20XX?

Well, with the official announcement of XV and SQEX commitment in releasing XV "soon" without holding info for months like before my intention is to make this the thread about Versus/XV.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »

With them reiterating that this game will have a world map, the prospects of it being like Kingdom Hearts, and the fact that I definitely like the aesthetic... oh, and a Shimomura soundtrack-- I am very excited for this one.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »

Some info.

Hajime Tabata joins Final Fantasy XV as co-director, PC version undecided

Nomura dicusses Final Fantasy XV's next generation transition

Final Fantasy XV main cast officially detailed, new artwork released

Final Fantasy XV is a story about recovering the crystal

Source: Nova Crystallis
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:00:54 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 09:04:03 PM »

Looks very cool, I can't wait to pla--wait a sec, is that Lucas Lee on the far right???

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »

Character Designer(s): Tetsuya Nomura & Roberto Ferrari

...wut?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »

Character Designer(s): Tetsuya Nomura & Roberto Ferrari

...wut?

"Roberto Ferrari moved from Rome to Tokyo in 1995 to fulfil his dream of working as a character design artist in Japan. He was part of the design team at Tatsunoko Production of Gatchaman fame and worked on titles for some of the video game industry's leading companies, including Namco Bandai Games Inc. and Square Enix, such as The Last Remnant, Moon Diver, Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes Encore and Death by Degrees." -- blonde bomb

Also someone on GameFAQs said that he designed 3 characters for Type-0: Caetuna, Kurasame Susaya and Khalia Chival VI.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

I know a bit more about the cycling Ferrari, so I had a double-take on that one.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 09:53:51 PM »

You've got 5 cool guys walkin' there, but they need a explosion to not look at.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »

A fantasy based on reality... I'm actually curious as to what reality this is being based off of.  I wonder if there might be some veiled imagery in the announcement trailer (with all the dialogue) pertaining to the New World Order conspiracy theory and all that stuff.  Japan is something of an anomaly in the world, like it's a country doing its own thing totally different from the rest of the world (and is probably one of the most resistant countries to the New World Order).  So it almost has that objective outsider perspective, kinda like how a lot of religious themes are handled in Shin Megami Tensei or Xenogears or something.

That, and I do like RPGs that utilize modern/post-modern settings (hence why I enjoyed FF8 a lot) and I'm curious about XV's setting. 

Color me intrigued. 

Oh, and a Shimomura soundtrack interests me as well.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 11:49:58 PM »

@Dincrest: The theme of XV is 'Bonds' and they said that the core of the story take itself quite seriously but there is still humor to keep things balanced.

That said, as someone who has followed Versus/XV for years I think you're reading too much into this considering that Kazushige Nojima is the writer for XV and he usually focuses more on the relationship of the characters more than anything else but we'll see once it comes out.

Also more info is assumed to be shared at TGS.

#pleasebeexcited
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 11:50:46 PM »

Well, I've already seen people claiming that there are similarities between the cityscape seen in the trailers to real world Shinjuku.  See here.

I don't know, part of me things that sounds like a stretch but I don't really know these locals well enough to comment.  But it doesn't seem to be as simple as they set the game in Tokyo or something.  More like a parallel world or two overlapping worlds or something...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 12:32:17 AM »

Well, I've already seen people claiming that there are similarities between the cityscape seen in the trailers to real world Shinjuku.  See here.

I don't know, part of me things that sounds like a stretch but I don't really know these locals well enough to comment.  But it doesn't seem to be as simple as they set the game in Tokyo or something.  More like a parallel world or two overlapping worlds or something...

Nope. Its official. We're going to be playing as a band of magical girls boys. Expect to see Godzilla Leviathan wrecking Tokyo Tower.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 12:41:58 AM »

A fantasy based on reality... I'm actually curious as to what reality this is being based off of.

Probably the same reality developers live in with giant enemy crabs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: