Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 08:24:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329282 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 16907 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 07:08:30 PM »

@Klutz64: There is plenty (or rather enough) info out there already to decide if you are into the Final Fantasy XV train or not.

Not to mention that after a while a bunch of info is gonna be spoilers and details about the mechanics and systems. Dunno what they have planned for TGS though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:33:20 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »

I just wish they didn't all looks so douchey...

But I've given up on getting good characters from S-E since long ago.  What I mainly care about is the gameplay.

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 07:36:32 PM »

@Dincrest: The theme of XV is 'Bonds' and they said that the core of the story take itself quite seriously but there is still humor to keep things balanced.

That said, as someone who has followed Versus/XV for years I think you're reading too much into this considering that Kazushige Nojima is the writer for XV and he usually focuses more on the relationship of the characters more than anything else but we'll see once it comes out.

Also more info is assumed to be shared at TGS.

#pleasebeexcited

Eh. I'm excited about this FF but seeing how Nojima writes leaves me a little leery that the story will be about bromance and the adventure therein.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 08:08:23 PM »

^The story itself can be briefly summarized as "recover the crystal of Noctis' kingdom" but ignoring the details that the story might have the tone of some of the scenes I have seen reminds a lot of Final Fantasy VIII, Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts, which is not weird at all given how Nojima is the writer and Nomura is the director but I'm curious about the contribution of Hajime Tabata in XV.

But I've given up on getting good characters from S-E since long ago.

Douchey? I can believe you that from the main character in inFamous: Second Son but in XV they don't look douchey at all to me, but then again, that enters into personal preference territory.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:43 PM »

^The story itself can be briefly summarized as "recover the crystal of Noctis' kingdom" but ignoring the details that the story might have the tone of some of the scenes I have seen reminds a lot of Final Fantasy VIII, Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts, which is not weird at all given how Nojima is the writer and Nomura is the director but I'm curious about the contribution of Hajime Tabata in XV.

But I've given up on getting good characters from S-E since long ago.

Douchey? I can believe you that from the main character in inFamous: Second Son but in XV they don't look douchey at all to me, but then again, that enters into personal preference territory.

Given the fact that inFamous is all about being a super powered douche, it makes sense that the main character would look the part.

What this feels like though is a variant on Romeo and Juliet except the story is focused on Romeo's bros instead of that Juliet hoe (not that there won't be a Juliet for our boy Romeo to woodenly stare off into the distance in the general direction at, but that the focus will most likely be on the plucky boy band trying to stop the latest villain from reaching godhood powerlevels via the power of their friendship/bromance and asspulling a shitload of swords).

Actually, assuming that this game will feature a third kingdom, we might as well start calling it FFXVersus: Bromance of the Three Kingdoms.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »

^There is that whole part that has been teased in where Noctis and Stella have to fight against each other even though they don't want to.

Additional info (from FF Wiki):

"A woman with golden-blonde hair named Stella Nox Fleuret was revealed to be one of the game's antagonists. She is said to be the daughter of the Fleuret family of the country Tenebrae (Latin for "Darkness"). Fleuret is the French name of the fencing foil, a direct reference to Stella's weapon of choice, a Rapier. Like Noctis, she is able to materialize weapons from thin air, as she is can summon her rapier from a rune similar to one used by Noctis to summon his sword, though Stella's rune is golden while Noctis's is blue. Although they have no desire to fight, she and Noctis are forced to by unknown circumstances. Magazine articles have drawn similarities between her situation and that of Final Fantasy VI's Celes Chere."
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »

Will real world logic and common sense apply in this game?
I hear it didn't in 13.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »

I am pleased by almost everything I've seen from this game. I don't love the character designs, but I also don't care. LOL

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2013, 10:49:46 PM »

"This is a fantasy based on reality."

As far as I know, there are no giant Leviathans ruling the seas and large purple Behemoths living in cathedrals.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »

As far as I know, there are no giant Leviathans ruling the seas and large purple Behemoths living in cathedrals.

Sure, not anymore...the giant enemy crabs got them.

Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »

Clearly you are no church-going sailor.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »

You clearly haven't traveled much. I had to get past a Kraken just to get home from work today.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 12:16:27 AM »

You clearly haven't traveled much. I had to get past a Kraken just to get home from work today.
This is soooooo EarthBound material.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2013, 02:09:12 AM »

Right. And next you're going to tell us that there are no such things as Mahou Shonens flying around, pulling swords out of their hammerspace, and fighting on for great justice and everlasting peace?

^There is that whole part that has been teased in where Noctis and Stella have to fight against each other even though they don't want to.

Additional info (from FF Wiki):

"A woman with golden-blonde hair named Stella Nox Fleuret was revealed to be one of the game's antagonists. She is said to be the daughter of the Fleuret family of the country Tenebrae (Latin for "Darkness"). Fleuret is the French name of the fencing foil, a direct reference to Stella's weapon of choice, a Rapier. Like Noctis, she is able to materialize weapons from thin air, as she is can summon her rapier from a rune similar to one used by Noctis to summon his sword, though Stella's rune is golden while Noctis's is blue. Although they have no desire to fight, she and Noctis are forced to by unknown circumstances. Magazine articles have drawn similarities between her situation and that of Final Fantasy VI's Celes Chere."

So its confirmed that there is a female in this game and that she will fight you and your boyband for reasons that they do not wish to elaborate upon at this time but will likely be because you chose to take bros before hoes on your magical swordical adventure based on reality.

But I guess we at least know she'll be like Celes in that she's blonde, a woman, and can use a rapier drawn from a runice. But will she also start the game in bondage and getting punched? Will her (mostly) exclusive in-party ability mostly suck? Will she be an on-again/off-again traitor to the party/bad guys? Will she get pissy during the 1/3rd mark and ruin an otherwise romantic night fight you/ruin an otherwise romantic night? Will she fight you at the half way point instead of stabbing the mad clown trying to destroy the world less than five tiles away from the lead of your incapacitated party? Or will the second half of the game start wi-ahahahahahaha....no (what was I thinking putting as much on that as I did down?).

I suppose the answers will come eventually.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2013, 02:36:06 AM »

I'd like to think the all-male cast was a conscious decision based on what would be the best way to tell the story (what's the FF series without a few of its stronger leading female?).  Here's a weird example of what I mean: but think HBO's Entourage if it had a female amongst the recurring and main cast ---  it just wouldn't work.  I'm hoping as compensation too, we get a great supporting cast of ladies then.

Also, y'all can complain all ya like, but Cor Leonis is a perfect looking man I'd want to do things with (hcus n aet knird).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: