Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319001 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 10164 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »

I still got beef with making the iris' gigantic to make them cuter or whatever, she's barely got eye whites now.  And I dunno, I kinda preferred the slightly sexier version (she had fuller lips and more foxy eyes), now she looks more like a 17 year old jpop idol.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2013, 05:20:28 PM »

Ok now I see they are a little bit bigger, but here's a slightly better comparison shot

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »

I'd help if we could see the latter face's chin and neck.

Not like it matters that much, since either way, its uncanny valley.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »

I'd help if we could see the latter face's chin and neck.

Not like it matters that much, since either way, its uncanny valley.

I kind of agree with Aeolus here. The left one looks more realistic but gives that creepy doll like vibe. Hopefully it is not as bad outside of a still picture. Last thing we need is another Lym from Star Ocean

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2013, 07:03:53 PM »

^That's kind of an extreme example with SQEX always putting an emphasis on their visuals and animation.

---

"GameTrailers has put together an extensive video detailing the game's story, characters, and continuing connection to William Shakespeare's Hamlet as well as the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology. They've explored every angle pulling from trailers old and new to shed the light on the latest mainline Final Fantasy." -- Nova Crystallis

FINAL FANTASY XV The Mystery Behind the Myth
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:01:13 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2013, 12:12:19 AM »

Nomura on Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts development philosophy -- Source: Nova Crystallis (via: RPG Site)

"It's no surprise that so much of the current Japanese output of Square Enix hinges of the creative talents of one particular individual. He's now at the helm of both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, the company's two biggest next-generation bets. In a sense, Tetsuya Nomura embodies all that Square Enix currently is and many are looking to him to produce results.

Our network affiliate, RPG Site, caught up with Nomura during Japan Expo his first outing to Europe since 2006 to talk Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts and how the director himself views game development philosophies."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2013, 12:45:30 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/06/a-world-of-the-versus-epic-trademark-hints-at-more-final-fantasy-xv/

And suddenly we see why they went and numbered this. They would've gotten to Scorpion King levels of offshoots if they hadn't.

Also lol Squeenix, for planning a direct sequel to a game you've been sitting on and have yet to actually release since 2006. Looks like they've got enough stuff on the cutting room floor to make a whole new game out of again.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/06/a-world-of-the-versus-epic-trademark-hints-at-more-final-fantasy-xv/

And suddenly we see why they went and numbered this. They would've gotten to Scorpion King levels of offshoots if they hadn't.

Also lol Squeenix, for planning a direct sequel to a game you've been sitting on and have yet to actually release since 2006. Looks like they've got enough stuff on the cutting room floor to make a whole new game out of again.

Please.  I'm not surprised gaming in general is gonna go through a 'generation of sequels'.  The more detailed games get, the easier it probably is to just make sequels with similar assets.

But yeah... Hopefully this won't mean another 8 year delay. :P

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »

@Aeolus: Is not like any of that is new to be actually funny anyway. (~_~;)

What's kinda funny though is how they are making XV part of 3 series at the same time:

XV is part of the main Final Fantasy series, use part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos but despite that XV is part of the "VERSUS" universe.  In other words, XV is its own thing but it has to follow some of the traditions of FF while also using some of the mythos from FNC.

All that doesn't sound terribly complicated to follow given how the hardest part of any FF is putting all of the work done by the team in a cohesive manner together.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:50:47 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »

XV is part of the main Final Fantasy series, use part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos but despite that XV is part of the "VERSUS" universe.  In other words, XV is its own thing but it has to follow some of the traditions of FF while also using some of the mythos from FNC.

Does anyone actually give a crap about this stuff?  It's a serious question.  Like, I'm trying to picture some guy who's all "IS FINAL FANTASY XV PART OF FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS" while breathing heavily through a mouth full of partially chewed Fritos, Mountain Dew, and saliva.  What does this shit even mean.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »

I think I can explain everything in song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sydKXNq6mWk

I approve of this nonsense!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »

XV is part of the main Final Fantasy series, use part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythos but despite that XV is part of the "VERSUS" universe.  In other words, XV is its own thing but it has to follow some of the traditions of FF while also using some of the mythos from FNC.

Does anyone actually give a crap about this stuff?  It's a serious question.  Like, I'm trying to picture some guy who's all "IS FINAL FANTASY XV PART OF FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS" while breathing heavily through a mouth full of partially chewed Fritos, Mountain Dew, and saliva.  What does this shit even mean.

I've noticed Squeenix really love the hell out of these tiny inconsequential news tidbits

I think the amount we've heard over 7 years can fit on a piece of paper.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2013, 06:34:06 PM »

@Parn: Dunno, I just find it sort of funny how SQEX make a team work on a game with some of those specifications that were build up over the years with every bad step they made.

What does this shit even mean.

FNC was originally a series of three FFs connected by one mythos. But then shit happened and each of those titles ended up having their own narrative and universe that are loosely connected together by this mythos.

And that's it. Is not complicated really, is just that there's so much people out there being busy hating on SQEX that they never put attention when they were presenting in a more official way FNC back in 2011.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2013, 06:40:24 PM »

I think I can explain everything in song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sydKXNq6mWk

My god, it all makes sense now.

FNC was originally a series of three FFs connected by one mythos. But then shit happened and each of those titles ended up having their own narrative and universe that are loosely connected together by this mythos.

Nah, I don't think shit even happened.  The games were never closely related.  They were never really intended to be in the same universe.  The mythos is the only thing they had in common from the start.

'Cause, you know, crystals.  No Final Fantasy game ever obsessed over crystals before...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »

We had the 15 trailer playing at work.  THe way they say "crystal" made me smile every time....

KU-RI-SUTARU!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: