Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 09:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327460 Posts in 13408 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 15350 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2014, 11:18:38 AM »

Final Fantasy XV Details Appear on Official Xbox One and PS4 Japanese Websites -- DualShockers

Xbox One JP Site Official Description (*):

"Final Fantasy XV features a high action system unprecedented in the series. By taking advantage of the specs of next generation consoles, characters can move freely across the whole screen. In addition to that, the party battle system is now more advanced, allowing you to enjoy party battle by switching characters more strategically."

"As the royal heir of Lucis who has the last crystal in the world, the main character Noctis and his friends will suddenly be involved in the war."

PS4 JP Site Official Description (*):

"The battles featured in Final Fantasy XV have evolved greatly from the previous games of the series, as it's created as an action game. The game switches seamlessly from the field to battle and the combat situation evolves rapidly. It goes on quickly with a sense of full realism."

"Also, it's possible to fight not only with the hero Noctis, but also to switch with other characters. Furthermore, it's also possible to perform a combination attack with a companion while enjoying the dynamic effect."

"Noctis can fight by making use of a variety of weapons and can move quickly within the areas by attacking enemies with stylish action!"

"You can fight monsters by cooperating with an ally. The ability to fight in collaboration with unique companions is an important feature of this game."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »

Why is the character in the above image wearing red high heels?

Actually, why is he wearing non-black anything given the rest of his outfit isn't non-black?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »

Sounds cool to me. Looking forward to seeing more at E3, hopefully.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »

I can't really get excited off of text (or no release date for this title).  But in general I'm really looking forward to E3... certainly the release schedule for this year seems like its thinned out, so I'm hoping we'll hear a lot of stuff this year.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »

Sounds like this FF game finally killed whatever the turn-based RPG was left.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »

Sounds like this FF game finally killed whatever the turn-based RPG was left.

I don't know what to tell you if you weren't expecting Kingdom Fantasy: Final Hearts XVersus out of this. It's basically 'the thing' that the KH team has been working on since KH2 (outside of the occasional side project and getting sucked into the development black hole that was FFXIII).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »

While I admire the turn-based tradition, I'm fine with it being left at the door if it means slightly more quick and responsive gameplay.  Hey at least Child of Light is coming out soon, and a lot of handheld titles haven't really abandoned turn-based.

At least the KH team did a brilliant job of real-time battles with the more recent KH titles --- so I actually consider the same team working on this a huge selling point for me.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »

While I admire the turn-based tradition, I'm fine with it being left at the door if it means slightly more quick and responsive gameplay.  Hey at least Child of Light is coming out soon, and a lot of handheld titles haven't really abandoned turn-based.

At least the KH team did a brilliant job of real-time battles with the more recent KH titles --- so I actually consider the same team working on this a huge selling point for me.

I totally agree with all of this. I want Square-Enix to challenge themselves with this game rather than try something we know they have delivered on before. Now if this ends up stinking like poo after they disappointed alot of people with the FFXIII trilogy, I could see them taking a step back with the next one and going back to roots.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2014, 03:00:14 PM »

I totally agree with all of this. I want Square-Enix to challenge themselves with this game rather than try something we know they have delivered on before. Now if this ends up stinking like poo after they disappointed alot of people with the FFXIII trilogy, I could see them taking a step back with the next one and going back to roots.

All this.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »

Why is the character in the above image wearing red high heels?

Did you see the image in the OP?

Actually, why is he wearing non-black anything given the rest of his outfit isn't non-black?

Stylish action = Stlyish clothing

Is like an unwritten rule that comes from Japanese fast-paced action games (usually at least).

For all I care though, if XV goes all RULES OF NATURE with its approach in action I'm gonna one happy dude.

I could see them taking a step back with the next one and going back to roots.

What, you want another FF like V and IX? Because those two went back to the roots and were like "Hey remember those charming medieval settings and lovable characters?". ARR covered the 'back to the roots' people lately, now if those people don't like MMOs then... *shrug* I don't know man.

All they have shown of XV constantly shows that SQEX as a company wants a fresh start with what can be considered 'a new kind of FF' and they hope people in general will like it. The only guy that can ruin a big of chunk XV for more than one person is Kazushige Nojima, since he has always been a hit and miss scriptwriter.

Nomura also do some weird shenanigans sometimes, but I can't say he has done a bad job as a director (not yet anyway).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:50:02 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2014, 03:44:38 PM »

I'm getting a very Type-0 + Kingdom Hearts vibe from all this, so far. I think that's a really great combo, and I'm really optimistic for this game. Maybe not in the plot department, but if it culls any of the lessons learned from Type-0, I think it should be okay. Plus, I really like the setup-- as long as Square remembers that setup for a plot should not be the ENTIRE plot.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2014, 04:19:19 PM »

I'm getting a very Type-0 + Kingdom Hearts vibe from all this, so far. I think that's a really great combo, and I'm really optimistic for this game. Maybe not in the plot department, but if it culls any of the lessons learned from Type-0, I think it should be okay. Plus, I really like the setup-- as long as Square remembers that setup for a plot should not be the ENTIRE plot.

I'm actually incredible turned off by the characters so far (Cor Leonis aside... I'd be on that in a New York minute).  The men-in-black tough-guy squad look all style than substance (none of them seem particularly friendly/sociable either).  I hope to be wrong though.  And like KH and your thoughts on it, I'm in it for the gameplay and world than the plot and characters.

I'm still licking the creative wound made by them changing Stella into a giant-eyed idol character.

Code:
I kinda find it funny when you try reaallly hard to make a 'cool character', I find backfires half the time.

...whoops, changed topic.  (THIS IS WHY I MADE AN ART THREAD)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:25:35 PM by Dice » Logged

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »

I'm not really especially INTO the looks of the cast, but I'm not usually into the looks of any cast. I'm more interested in how they play out in the game. Example: P3 and P4's character art is great, but I don't really care much about them visually. It was only once I played and found the characters to be fantastic that I started to like them more.

I'll admit, I barely even glanced at FFXV's characters, because the way they look isn't really of much interest to me. Lightning looks cool as hell, but she's about the blandiest bland that ever blanded a bland. Zidane has a ruffle and a tail, but he's the most awesome character around, for a positive example.

TL;DR I'm not interested in the cast until I play the game. Although more than one token ladycharacter might be a good way for them to go.

I will say, in terms of friendly/sociable, I think that's really something we'll have to see in the game. I get the impression they're really trying to capture the dynamics between these characters, based on what's been released so far. It'll remain to be seen how that happens, but so far they do have a very generic "cool dudes" vibe.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2014, 04:54:37 PM »

I'm not really especially INTO the looks of the cast, but I'm not usually into the looks of any cast. I'm more interested in how they play out in the game. Example: P3 and P4's character art is great, but I don't really care much about them visually. It was only once I played and found the characters to be fantastic that I started to like them more.

I'll admit, I barely even glanced at FFXV's characters, because the way they look isn't really of much interest to me. Lightning looks cool as hell, but she's about the blandiest bland that ever blanded a bland. Zidane has a ruffle and a tail, but he's the most awesome character around, for a positive example.

TL;DR I'm not interested in the cast until I play the game. Although more than one token ladycharacter might be a good way for them to go.

I will say, in terms of friendly/sociable, I think that's really something we'll have to see in the game. I get the impression they're really trying to capture the dynamics between these characters, based on what's been released so far. It'll remain to be seen how that happens, but so far they do have a very generic "cool dudes" vibe.

If they can create an awesome bromance or best buddy vibe, I will probably adore it (all of the Sherlock Holmes iterations coming out these days are a good example, the Avenger-related films from Marlvel, and the 'buddy system' going on in HBO's Entourage also work well on that level).  I'm hoping, but I'm saving all judgment till the game is in my hands (in 5 years from now lolololol).

I definitely fall into that group who thought Lightning-1 was absolutely brilliant looking...till she got a voice, and they kept making her speak up and dress up in newer and stranger outfits (seriously, wtf is that LR outfit trying to do?  That thing is a design mess). 

I remember not being TOO keen of Zidane at first (I think it's his CG face/hair that look kinda 'iffy' at times), but his appearance otherwise fits SO well.  I love how it's sort of stuck between "hero" and "noble"; what with the frill collar and cuffs; definitely a unique entry to the FF-hero cast. 

I always like to think of Auron too.  I hate how they feed just how cool he is by drawing him with every damn cool motif you could think of.  Muscle? Fine. Scar? Alright. Sunglasses? C'mon. Alcohol? Go on. Silent type? Check. Kinda scruffy? You fucking bet. Silver fox? MMMhmm 
MAXIMUM COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually liked most of the P3/4 character designs since they usually aren't terribly extreme.  THe designs are practical enough to suit real-world high school life.  Junpei is that ordinary buddy who wears a cap and has some dreadful teenaged peachfuzz growing in. x)  I also love how the student's outfits differ just that little bit to bring out their personality --- WITHIN school dress codes. :P
I just realized!!!!! I hope they make an SMT actually set in the 80s!!! I mean, Persona loved "retro" but without actually setting the game when things were livin' in retro.
Get that super-gelled/frizz hair back!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

Perception is a bitch. But I like both with their quirks and everything.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: