Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 06:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338328 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 27116 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2014, 05:15:08 PM »

I'll admit, I barely even glanced at FFXV's characters, because the way they look isn't really of much interest to me. Lightning looks cool as hell, but she's about the blandiest bland that ever blanded a bland. Zidane has a ruffle and a tail, but he's the most awesome character around, for a positive example.

Perception is a bitch. But I like both with their quirks and everything.

Lightning had a quirk?
"Worst birthday ever" is the only one I can think of.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »

Lightning had a quirk?

Somehow I knew you would say something like that.

I'm not gonna fall in the hole of talking about XIII or its characters though, after 6 messy years with the series I got that is a lost a cause in mostly every gaming site talking about that. And I guess that's fine, or rather, I don't care anymore.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 05:22:19 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2014, 05:22:54 PM »

Lightning had a quirk?

Somehow I knew you would say something like that.

I'm not gonna fall in the hole of talking about XIII or its characters though, after 6 messy years with the series I got that is a lost a cause in mostly every gaming site. And I guess that's fine, or rather, I don't care anymore.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass despite our less than pleasant history chatting together.  By all means though, tell me what I missed.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2014, 05:54:08 PM »

I'm really worried about how the game is going to handle Noctis basically starting the game with super powers (from what I gather). I even find it hard to explain why I'm so stuck on that. I just feel like it would hurt the gameplay somehow even though I trust the team knows what they're doing. Or maybe I just really like the feeling of upgrading to new equipment and I feel like maybe that won't be a part of the game because of Noctis' abilities.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: April 28, 2014, 07:04:54 PM »

Stylish action = Stlyish clothing
I could see them taking a step back with the next one and going back to roots.

What, you want another FF like V and IX? Because those two went back to the roots and were like "Hey remember those charming medieval settings and lovable characters?". ARR covered the 'back to the roots' people lately, now if those people don't like MMOs then... *shrug* I don't know man.

All they have shown of XV constantly shows that SQEX as a company wants a fresh start with what can be considered 'a new kind of FF' and they hope people in general will like it. The only guy that can ruin a big of chunk XV for more than one person is Kazushige Nojima, since he has always been a hit and miss scriptwriter.

Nomura also do some weird shenanigans sometimes, but I can't say he has done a bad job as a director (not yet anyway).

I didn't say I wanted it. I said if this one fails I could see them doing that. I want them to push the genre forward obviously, but remembering what got them this far is important too. Some of the elements of the older games that have been forgotten are archaic and outdated, but others can be implemented into a modern game and still be worthwhile like in Bravely Default.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2014, 09:49:43 PM »

I'm really worried about how the game is going to handle Noctis basically starting the game with super powers (from what I gather). I even find it hard to explain why I'm so stuck on that. I just feel like it would hurt the gameplay somehow even though I trust the team knows what they're doing. Or maybe I just really like the feeling of upgrading to new equipment and I feel like maybe that won't be a part of the game because of Noctis' abilities.

I'll probably work better than FFXIII-1 where your team had no superpowers at the start (outside of Lightning's cutscene powers/Mana Drive and Snow's Snowiness), leading to two chapters of completely meaningless fights (since you couldn't gain A) money or B) exp until you gained the Crystarium at the start of Chapter 3). There was no need for anything more than a fifth of the amount of fights that you had to fight during that sequence.

Also +1'ing the dislike for the roving Japanese Boy Band that are the PCs of FFXV. Sure they're meant to be a posse, but I don't really feel like playing a Japanese Soap about a posse when I could just watch one of those instead.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2014, 10:07:32 PM »

I'm just afraid it'll feel like I'm playing some kind of j-pop boy band.

The wild one is the center, then you put the intellectual, the brash/strong and the pretty boy.

At least there's this 42-year old dude giving me hope.

EDIT: Case in point, I put the faces of Idolm@ster's Jupiter boy band... it's eerie how well it fits.
(the second guy from the left even has a freaking chain on his pants... like... so damn similar)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 10:30:35 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2014, 10:27:33 PM »

I hope I look that good when I'm 42 ;)

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2014, 10:57:18 PM »

I hope I look that good when I'm 42 ;)

EDIT: LOVE Annubis' edit for the laughs...and for the truth: For better or worse, it IS a good fit. :S
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:27:42 AM by Dice » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2014, 01:14:54 AM »

Also +1'ing the dislike for the roving Japanese Boy Band that are the PCs of FFXV. Sure they're meant to be a posse, but I don't really feel like playing a Japanese Soap about a posse when I could just watch one of those instead.

The most interesting aspect of XV though is not so much about the game itself (that's something SQEX are banging their heads working on it), what's interesting at this point is seeing how this project is gonna end up being for them in terms of reception.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2014, 04:33:12 AM »

I think it's the clothing, but the style of the characters reminds of FF8, particularly Squall.

I'm still hoping it turns out well but I think some people have made their minds up that "Square sucks" and nothing will change it unfortunately.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »

Few people actually stick to their words. If the game is good they will buy it and eat crow.

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2014, 07:24:31 AM »

Few people actually stick to their words. If the game is good they will buy it and eat crow.

I think Lard meant it differently than a boycott. I know that very few people who threaten to boycott a game actually follow through but losing interest in something is pretty different. Even if they hear it got good reviews they might wait until a sale to pick it up. Less of a "Stick it to the man" and more of a "Probably safer to buy something I know I will like"

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »

I think Lard meant it differently than a boycott. I know that very few people who threaten to boycott a game actually follow through but losing interest in something is pretty different. Even if they hear it got good reviews they might wait until a sale to pick it up. Less of a "Stick it to the man" and more of a "Probably safer to buy something I know I will like"

This is my mentality with a lot of titles and series now. I'm very interested in FFXV, but there's no way I'm paying full price on release, simply because I haven't enjoyed the series as much as I used to, not because I have anything personally against SE.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2014, 08:12:58 AM »

This is my mentality with a lot of titles and series now. I'm very interested in FFXV, but there's no way I'm paying full price on release, simply because I haven't enjoyed the series as much as I used to, not because I have anything personally against SE.

Yeah I was specifically talking about the "Final Fantasy is dead forever to me,Square enix has murdered my family, FF 13 is the bane of my existence, all it's offsprings are the devil incarnate and some of the worst games ever made" people..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:23:43 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: