Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 08:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335318 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 24283 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2014, 09:12:41 AM »

Few people actually stick to their words. If the game is good they will buy it and eat crow.

I think Lard meant it differently than a boycott. I know that very few people who threaten to boycott a game actually follow through but losing interest in something is pretty different. Even if they hear it got good reviews they might wait until a sale to pick it up. Less of a "Stick it to the man" and more of a "Probably safer to buy something I know I will like"

This is my mentality with a lot of titles and series now. I'm very interested in FFXV, but there's no way I'm paying full price on release, simply because I haven't enjoyed the series as much as I used to, not because I have anything personally against SE.

Same here, though swap out 'very interested' with 'idly curious' cuz I'm getting more The Bouncer vibes from this than FFVIII vibes, and I don't want to condemn it outright without seeing the finished product in action first.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2014, 06:46:38 PM »

I think Lard meant it differently than a boycott. I know that very few people who threaten to boycott a game actually follow through but losing interest in something is pretty different. Even if they hear it got good reviews they might wait until a sale to pick it up. Less of a "Stick it to the man" and more of a "Probably safer to buy something I know I will like"

Yeah, I meant something more like this. I think people will cross their arms and harumph and say "Square sucks" until the game comes out and they actually see the reaction to it.
I don't know of anyone saying "I refuse to buy FF15!" right now.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2014, 06:50:31 PM »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/68565537
I could provide you a bunch of "FF IS DEAD" threads and major melodrama on various forums, that's just an example.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »

Yeah, I meant something more like this. I think people will cross their arms and harumph and say "Square sucks" until the game comes out and they actually see the reaction to it.
I don't know of anyone saying "I refuse to buy FF15!" right now.

Well, I'm not refusing to buy FF15 for any other reason than it doesn't look like a game I would enjoy. I've always leaned heavily towards the turn-based, and this doesn't look like something I would enjoy playing. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2014, 07:21:48 PM »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/68565537
I could provide you a bunch of "FF IS DEAD" threads and major melodrama on various forums, that's just an example.

Yeah, but that's gamefaqs.

And buying it because you prefer turn based combat over action is a perfectly reasonable reason!

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »

Yeah, but that's gamefaqs.

And buying it because you prefer turn based combat over action is a perfectly reasonable reason!

Indeed, it is, I was not talking about anyone here lol. And I agree, if you don't like action games, I can definitely understand why one wouldnt be interested.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2014, 08:12:33 PM »

While not in reference to games themselves, I would very much cross my arms, and harrumph, and go "GameFAQs' boards sucks!!!" at the drop of the hat.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2014, 09:19:28 PM »

"FF IS DEAD"

Yeah welll, uh... I don't say this as a fan since I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan of FF like most people that is into this, but for what I've seen in all the years I've been following the series is that people treat FF like it's some kind of tough love, and that's without mentioning the awkward abusive relationship SQEX maintains with its audience that really looks like Stockholm syndrome sometimes.

As I see it though, the"problem" is that FF has this thing that can basically start itself over again with a brand new game that is very much a product of its time. So when people want to see SQEX go back to a certain entry in the series, that goes against what part of FF has always been about.

So, the problem of FF is not so much that is dying. Is more about that one of the aspects that is the strength of what makes the series what it is over time became one of his biggest weaknesses for a lot of people.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2014, 10:29:09 PM »

"FF IS DEAD"

Yeah welll, uh... I don't say this as a fan since I wouldn't exactly call myself a fan of FF like most people that is into this, but for what I've seen in all the years I've been following the series is that people treat FF like it's some kind of tough love, and that's without mentioning the awkward abusive relationship SQEX maintains with its audience that really looks like Stockholm syndrome sometimes.

As I see it though, the"problem" is that FF has this thing that can basically start itself over again with a brand new game that is very much a product of its time. So when people want to see SQEX go back to a certain entry in the series, that goes against what part of FF has always been about.

So, the problem of FF is not so much that is dying. Is more about that one of the aspects that is the strength of what makes the series what it is over time became one of his biggest weaknesses for a lot of people.

That is true. The only thing that has been consistent across the entire series is Cid, and I think a reference to Cid of the Lufaine had to be added back into FFI in a remake. Everything else was added later or removed. Although bizarre time-space shenanigans do pop up surprisingly often, starting with the original.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2014, 05:41:52 AM »

While not in reference to games themselves, I would very much cross my arms, and harrumph, and go "GameFAQs' boards sucks!!!" at the drop of the hat.

I could point you to some Neogaf examples if you want :P

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »

I just want the story to not be as terrible as FF8 and the combat not as boring as FF12.

Is that too much to ask?

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »

I just want the story to not be as terrible as FF8 and the combat not as boring as FF12.

Is that too much to ask?

I like this.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2014, 12:13:37 AM »

Is that too much to ask?

I liked the story to FF8 and the combat to FF12 so I guess yes.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2014, 06:46:57 AM »

Is that too much to ask?

+1
I dislike the orphanage twist as much as anyone but that's not enough to ruin the brilliance of other plot threads.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:49:51 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2014, 01:58:16 PM »

Is that too much to ask?

+1
I dislike the orphanage twist as much as anyone but that's not enough to ruin the brilliance of other plot threads.

Like the assassination plot or NORG....

Also FFXII had the right idea (re: Xenoblade), but it stuck too closely to the MMO mechanics of FFXI.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: