Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:16:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327941 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print
Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.  (Read 15787 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »

I think it was part of the plan for Squall to charge at them. I remember something about them being insurance should Irvine fail his shot.

Also I don't think Martine could have misunderstood how powerful a Sorceress really is. Galbadia knew first hand how powerful she was, because they had already fought a war with Adel. The Sorceress War.

She only led her army, she probably didn't get her hands dirty with peasant wars.
Also remember the way they disposed of her, they froze her in space through a wacky Laguna plan, they never actually fought her.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2014, 09:23:27 PM »

They froze her in space BECAUSE she was so powerful.

Hardly evidence to support that they didn't know what they were dealing with.

I'll discuss it with you in PM if you want (though not tonight, must sleep) , I think we derailed this thread enough.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »

They froze her in space BECAUSE she was so powerful.

Hardly evidence to support that they didn't know what they were dealing with.

I'll discuss it with you in PM if you want (though not tonight, must sleep) , I think we derailed this thread enough.

Meh, it's a pointless cause, I havent played the game in years. I'll gladly reignite this issue when I get around to replaying it. I might even make a thread related to the entirety of the FF8 storyline. It was fun though :P

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »

Man it seems like everyone on this forum has one major button they don't like being pushed. Except me, because I'm awesome like that ;)

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: May 01, 2014, 10:40:03 PM »

from FFXV News (Tumblr):

Omnis Lacrima Latin-to-English Translation

---

"No matter where you are in the world map, you can always know where the other characters are. Each one has a different symbol."

"Are cactuars returning in FINAL FANTASY XV?"

"Human blood is apparently blue (or at least these enemies' blood), but Noctis' is red."
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: May 02, 2014, 04:56:02 AM »

Man it seems like everyone on this forum has one major button they don't like being pushed. Except me, because I'm awesome like that ;)

Are you sure you don't have one :P?
One day it will surface.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »

GOOOOOOOD I cannot wait to play this game.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2014, 07:10:44 PM »

Where Final Fantasy Went Wrong, and How Square Enix is Putting It Right (by Jeremy Parish) -- USgamer

A bit sensationalistic at first, but overall I recommend everyone to read this article.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »

Very interesting. Lays bare the concerns for the future, but also the recent successes well.

People will be pissed that XV has an action RPG battle system like KH, but there's no changing that.

If it's a fun game, I'm all for that. I want some narrative nuance, though. That's my main concern.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

I want a Cactuar cactus. Badly.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2014, 01:17:58 AM »

Very interesting. Lays bare the concerns for the future, but also the recent successes well.

People will be pissed that XV has an action RPG battle system like KH, but there's no changing that.

If it's a fun game, I'm all for that. I want some narrative nuance, though. That's my main concern.

Don't worry. Those who proudly use their Noctis avatars and act all high and mighty will defend XV and trash XIII and many others installments in the series along with the staff of SQEX and anyone who thinks different than them for many years to come.

All I care about is for XV to be an entertaining fast-paced Action RPG with high production values. I already don't have any kind expectation for the plot because I'm not a fan of most of the work Kazushige Nojima has done with FF in the past as a scenario writer.

However, is important to notice that Nojima is responsable for the FNC mythos, so maybe something good comes out of that in the end.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:36:51 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »

FF XV won't be at E3

"- But seriously, information on Final Fantasy XV will be at E3, right?

Hashimoto: Well, first I’d like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year’s E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV. Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I’m looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then."

Source - Famitsu interview translation
http://sqex.info/shinji-hashimoto-interview-kh3-ffxv-skip-e3-2014/

I am disappoint

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:36:02 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »

No they say we will have nothing about it in E3.
This game is like the perfect Action RPG ever for me

Gamer without fronteer.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »

FF XV won't be at E3

"- But seriously, information on Final Fantasy XV will be at E3, right?

Hashimoto: Well, first Id like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this years E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV. Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and Im looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then."

Source - Famitsu interview translation
http://sqex.info/shinji-hashimoto-interview-kh3-ffxv-skip-e3-2014/

I am disappoint

The tl;dr: "Screw E3. TGS is where its at!".

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
fenryo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:50 PM »

yeah it sucks.
I am making nightmare about the programming hell of their battle system.

Gamer without fronteer.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: