Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« Reply #1170 on: November 27, 2016, 10:38:11 PM »
Wait, this game is coming out Tuesday?  How are there no reviews out there yet...did they embargo 'til release day?  That's rarely a good sign.

Lian_Kazairl

• Taskmistress
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Salt Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 28, 2016, 11:03:19 AM »
They embargoed reviews until 7AM Pacific this morning. So they're out in the wild by now.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 28, 2016, 11:58:46 AM »
Thanks for that breakdown, Dice.  I read every word.

I need a PS4, more than anything.  I'll have to stress that to Wife at appropriate opportunities.

EDIT: I read all of Kat Bailey's review (I love Kat Bailey) and she managed to stick this little tidbit in at the very very end of her review...
"Here's a protip: Stick with the Japanese voice track."

I'm old now, and I no longer get emotional over the particulars of my entertainment.  But that one line bothered me so much.  There's nothing "pro" about that so-called "tip".  *huffs*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:31:20 PM by Arvis »
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

CoreSignal

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 28, 2016, 04:13:56 PM »
I've been on media blackout for this game ever since they pushed back the release date but I'm hyped now. Dice's impressions are encouraging too, at least the beginning sounds better than the beginning of FF XIII, lol. I still can't believe FF XV is out and I'm ready to go.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 28, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
That stand by me commercial...I'm dumbfounded by the cheese but damnit it worked. Can't wait til tomorrow now.

TASTY!

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 28, 2016, 11:01:29 PM »
i really hope SE doesnt get the idea that people like these chars because they are male,but given the way marketing works these days i wont be surprised if we have to endure 3 games of sausage fest.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 29, 2016, 12:46:59 AM »
I don't know why I have no enthusiasm for this game. I feel like I'm betraying myself as a Final Fantasy fan, but this game just doesn't make me excited like every other new Final Fantasy entry has. The demos were certainly a factor. Neither of them have impressed me, so even with all the glowing impressions I've been reading I'd still be approaching the game with massive hesitation. But yeah, as much as I've strived to be a lifelong fan of the series, I don't think I'll be touching this one until it's dirt cheap.

Though I am curious how this game's game-within-a-game compares to the rest of the series'
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 01:00:26 AM by Klutz64 »

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #1177 on: November 29, 2016, 09:08:56 AM »
This game is funny as shit! So many little things make me laugh and smile, from Prompto occasionally singing the FF victory fanfare, to the blatent real-world product placement... in a Final Fantasy game! I dunno why, but the closeup shot of burnt toast on a cheap plastic Coleman(tm) plate just put me in stitches! The writers and developers sure dig deep with this one, and created a game like no other. Whether you love it or hate it, you gotta admit this game is one different motherfucker. So far it feels like Fallout, Red Dead Redemtion, and Final Fantasy 8 did the nasty and made a big ol baby together!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 29, 2016, 09:13:24 AM »
i really hope SE doesnt get the idea that people like these chars because they are male,but given the way marketing works these days i wont be surprised if we have to endure 3 games of sausage fest.

Square: "Well, years ago, we made a game where all the playable characters were female and people haven't stopped crying about it since.  Let's make this one all male, so people will stop complaining so much."
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 29, 2016, 12:26:52 PM »
I really enjoyed how my ultimate collectors edition showed up in a large brown box. I open the box to find another slightly smaller brown box. Next, I open this box to find the collectors box. After struggling to get the tape and shitty sticker off, I opened this box to find NOT ONE BUT TWO BOXES!

One cool box with the sweet artwork containing: the game, soundtrack, kingsglaive, and brotherhood anime in two pretty cool steel cases and the dope ass art book.

The other box was the Noctis figure. The stand for this was a pain in my ass. It is a decent figure. Probably my least favorite part of the box extravaganza.

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 29, 2016, 09:58:43 PM »
i just fell asleep playing the game. combat is boring as hell as is the lack of narative in the early game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 29, 2016, 11:33:54 PM »
Amazon screwed me, and my copy hasn't arrived yet.  Strangely, my roommate also ordered the game, had his copy arrive before we got home from work, and is currently playing it. :(

ScottC

• RPGFan Editor
  • Manderville Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 30, 2016, 12:13:13 AM »
I want to apologize about tonights stream.  My PS4 decided it wanted to die on me today and I spent all night trying to figure out how to fix a faulty hdmi issue with it.  Safe mode never worked, remote access said my PS4 was working fine etc etc.  Turns out I had to clamp the HDMI port down to fix it.  Hopefully this won't impact any other streams and the stuff I was going to give away tonight will be given away on Friday and we will stream starting at 5 till I get tired.

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #1183 on: November 30, 2016, 02:38:01 AM »
I heard a radio broadcast namedrop Vivienne Westwood. Pretty surreal.
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 30, 2016, 07:57:33 AM »
MOTHERFUCKING GAME WAS SMASHED ON DELIVERY!!! FUCKING AMAZON SENT IT WITH A GODDAMN MACHETE MY DAD ORDERED AND FUCKED IT ALL UP!!!!!!!

TASTY!