Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.

Alisha

• View Profile
Re: FINAL FANTASY XV, This is a fantasy based on reality.
« Reply #1485 on: January 02, 2017, 07:30:21 PM »
the combat is just boring for me i think it might be because there no execution skill in an action rpg.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #1486 on: January 03, 2017, 07:59:24 AM »
With exceptions, I kinda feel that way about turn-based....
C'est la vie.
http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 03, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
Honestly my problem with the combat is it *has* turn-based sensibilities but thrown in a pure action system, thereby forcing the player to react to a million things at once. Sure, there's the wait mode thing, but that's so wonky I'd rather it not be there at all.

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 03, 2017, 11:41:37 AM »
I think combat it most RPG are pretty repetitive and slightly boring. Kinda like the strategy rpg's, I get to think a little more and position myself.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 04, 2017, 05:18:02 PM »
I do think FF15 combat system is a divisive point for FF fans. For me, its too simple and chaotic. I also hate the whole autopilot car. Two important points in the open world are the combat system (since your going to fight a lot) and the travel methods (since walking is boring). I prefer Fallout to Skyrim because I enjoy the combat more.

For a comparison, has anyone played the Nier Automata demo? Imagine a large open world game but with Bayonetta's combat. Man, I'm hyped about that game.

As another example, I'm playing my steam copy of Lightning Returns and its open world world as well. The combat is improved from FF13 and I already loved FF13's combat. The large explorable areas have their own fast travel methods, from teleportation to chocobo riding so its never a long boring slog to the next location.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 05:30:37 PM by bigdeath »

missRPGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 04, 2017, 05:43:19 PM »
FFXV battle looks really nice but yeah it is kinda boring (just press two buttons). The times where I really liked it are when I had to warp jump to different locations,
Spoiler: show
the train battle scene with the airships was pretty cool.

As far I liked the autopilot car, mostly because I'm not very good at driving cars in a game.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: January 04, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
FFXV battle looks really nice but yeah it is kinda boring (just press two buttons). The times where I really liked it are when I had to warp jump to different locations,

As far I liked the autopilot car, mostly because I'm not very good at driving cars in a game.

My biggest problem with the driving is that its too slow. Its boring just to wait to travel to a distant location.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 04, 2017, 09:19:06 PM »

My biggest problem with the driving is that its too slow. Its boring just to wait to travel to a distant location.
This is why I always quick traveled. Or at least quick travel to the closest location if quick travel is unavailable for whatever reason.

zach

• View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 06, 2017, 06:13:39 AM »

When quick-travel was not possible, I was doing the laundry in the meantime.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 09, 2017, 12:28:54 AM »
Just beat the adamantoise at level 90, only in chapter 9 though. Read he was post game only, but I guess that's wrong.

TASTY!

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 09, 2017, 06:38:20 AM »
Just beat the adamantoise at level 90, only in chapter 9 though. Read he was post game only, but I guess that's wrong.
Nope, a lot of people wait for post-game to fight him though since the best weapon in the game is post-game only. Plus one of the 14 "friends" is only befriendable post-game. Although I think you now have the most tedious trophy in the game, so rest of the Platinum shouldn't be too bad.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 09, 2017, 09:35:31 PM »
Nope, a lot of people wait for post-game to fight him though since the best weapon in the game is post-game only. Plus one of the 14 "friends" is only befriendable post-game. Although I think you now have the most tedious trophy in the game, so rest of the Platinum shouldn't be too bad.
...that fight took 2 fucking hours. I ended up taking a break and eating dinner midway. Cool stuff at first though. The sheer size of the enemy was awesome. Shame you couldn't warp to his body and like enter it to deal damage to organs and what have you.

TASTY!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 09, 2017, 09:40:33 PM »

This is a fantasy based on reality....
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

bigdeath

• View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:47 PM »
Turns out reality is boring lol

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 10, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »
Looks pretty realistic to me, if you consider they probably based this on your typical Japanese driver.  BOOYA!!
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons