Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:37:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334772 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Neverwinter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 1483 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2013, 12:59:48 PM »

Has anyone tried this one yet? I downloaded it on Sunday and Im really enjoying it so far. At least from a gameplay standpoint, Its a lot of fun. I haven't grouped with others a whole lot yet but the Foundry quests which are made by the community offer up some interesting content. Not sure if it'll have the legs to keep me for the long term but I like most of what I've seen in this FTP MMOARPG.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »

It bored the shit out of me, to be honest.  The inability to move while attacking is a death sentence in these post-GW2 days.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:53:28 PM »

It bored the shit out of me, to be honest.  The inability to move while attacking is a death sentence in these post-GW2 days.

... I can't even recall an MMO where I couldn't move. I swear FFXI had some limited movement, WoW certainly did, and FFXIV:ARR does. I guess DQX doesn't but that looks like like a literal MMOJRPG.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:52:43 AM »

The inability to move while attacking is a death sentence in these post-GW2 days.
I haven't played Neverwinter past the little intro thing, but didn't Guild Wars 2 lock you into attacks via the animations, or am I remembering wrong? I played it for a month or so at launch. But maybe I'm misunderstanding things, since Eusis' post sort of confuses me, too.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 06:17:38 AM »

The inability to move while attacking is a death sentence in these post-GW2 days.
I haven't played Neverwinter past the little intro thing, but didn't Guild Wars 2 lock you into attacks via the animations, or am I remembering wrong? I played it for a month or so at launch. But maybe I'm misunderstanding things, since Eusis' post sort of confuses me, too.

I got the impression from that post you couldn't move at all once in a battle, even if you were still auto attacking and all. Not unless I'm missing something here too.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:16:36 AM »

I have no problems with the combat. Its more of a diablo style setup as opposed to a standard mmo. I'm using a thief and I can drop a mob with little effort with the skills I have equipped. I've not once felt stationary in a fight. I dodge a lot as well but is that standard for all classes?

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 06:45:09 PM »

... I can't even recall an MMO where I couldn't move. I swear FFXI had some limited movement, WoW certainly did, and FFXIV:ARR does. I guess DQX doesn't but that looks like like a literal MMOJRPG.

Couldn't move while attacking or casting?  I have no issues with not being able to move while casting spells with a cast time.  It's a tradeoff.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »

I'm honestly still digging this game quite a bit. Its by no means perfect but very accessible and fun to play. The Foundry is awesome but I haven't tackled any of the longer quests yet. I think its the beat ftp game in a long time just for the sheer amount of content available.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 08:20:18 PM »

I haven't played Neverwinter past the little intro thing, but didn't Guild Wars 2 lock you into attacks via the animations

I think just ranger sword auto attack does that and it's hated with a passion because of it. There's some channeled attacks that you need to stay still for, but you can still move if you don't mind cancelling them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: