Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 02:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337838 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  PSU: RPGFan's Hang Out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: PSU: RPGFan's Hang Out  (Read 3786 times)
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2006, 03:00:09 AM »

With the imminent release of Phantasy Star Universe, we are going to have quite many players from RPGFan playing. As PSU is a game with many "Universes" in the network mode each housing 1000 players max that you can hop around between, we are gonna need to pick a "hang out" universe for RPGFan people and our friends.

All universes are the same, only numbered different and with different people on them. So, since I will be picking this game up the exact second it gets out, and having already completed the import's offline story mode, I will be jumping online immediately.

Simply, I want to establish one "hang out" area that we can all commonly meet at, exchange guild cards for communication, and have a "home base" sort of thing that "our group" will usually be at doing whatever.

If you like this idea, cool. When you pick the game up, post your character info and your character name so we know who is who. I'm dragging a bunch of friends from FFXI to PSU, a few of which were avid PSO players.

Myself, I will be an enormous red and black Cast, like I played in the import. Naturally named "Dios GX" cause what else am I gonna name myself, playing Ranger.

Hope to see some of you folks online tomorrow.

SUSPIRIA YOU BETTER POST IN THIS GOD DAMN THREAD YES I AM TALKING TO YOU MIKEY B. AKA: OGAMI ITTO
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:08:00 AM »

We may as well base ourselves in the same universe as PSOW (an official location will probably get established sometime today).  If it gets too crowded, we can always move.

Naturally, my character will be Parn, a human hunter.  Look for the incredibly sexy guy running around wooing all the chicks.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:16:32 AM »

I'll surely make Eusis, a human hunter. However, I'm thinking of making a cast hunter named Zilog. I'll have to see how class leveling is in this: I suspect that what I want from the two characters could be too similar to bother playing both (aiming for two different, but ultimately hunter related, classes).
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:27:58 AM »

Probably going to run around as Bhadra, a Beast hunter.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 10:07:22 AM »

I have no idea what race / class I'll be because i'm fairly uninformed, but with the recent news of the Burning Crusade being pushed back till January, i'm looking for something else instead so I can play it over Christmas break.

I'll be on.  The game looks sweet.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:21:18 AM »

Well assuming I get the game today (Best Buy/EB/ Walmart - don't let me down in State College), I'll make a human named Belnard. Purple will be the color. No idea on the class though.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 11:28:58 AM »

PSU needs to wait a month since the missus and I are in the process of moving into our own flat in London.  And no house = No internet.  :(

I'm sure we'll both be playing Newman something or others.  I refuse to be a male character and wear a dress though.

Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 01:07:47 PM »

And as I expected, I was let down. God I should pre-order from now on.

I have the thing on overnight so I imagine I won't be on till Friday with my luck.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 03:18:48 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
PSU needs to wait a month since the missus and I are in the process of moving into our own flat in London.  And no house = No internet.  :(

I'm sure we'll both be playing Newman something or others.  I refuse to be a male character and wear a dress though.

The hilarious/sad thing is, technically, it is! The game won't come out in Europe for another month.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 03:46:41 PM »

Yeah, I heard, Eus.

I swore a lot.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 03:49:40 PM »

Man, with the way you guys almost worship this game, it makes me wanna get it, but I decided to go with buying the gamefly service.  I figure makes it easier to try the singleplayer games I like.

If I ever do get it though...and you guys still play, ill make sure to stop by, enjoy yourselves!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ogami Itto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 06:35:34 PM »

Hahahahaha! Man, I got yelled at in this thread. Awesome.

I got the game, but Sega's being douches about letting me get an ID and password at the moment. Whenever I can get on, I'll be on as Ogami the cast.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »

Already registered last night. if anybody receives Error No.21 it just means a hundred people are jamming the server queue. Keep trying, it will work.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 09:11:59 PM »

I'll be going online tomorrow, or on Friday. It's more or less impossible to get in and subscribe, and I wasn't prepared ahead of time. Given the problems active subscribers are having however, this may be a good thing.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 09:13:14 PM »

Universe 15 is going to be the official hangout.  PSOW'ers will be there as well.

Good luck to everyone getting online.  Launch days for online RPGs are always hilariously bad.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: