Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Best **Badass** Moments in games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Best **Badass** Moments in games  (Read 4403 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »

We all play games for various reasons. Some people play for story, some play to explore, some play to smite foes with sweet justice. Whatever reason I'm sure there have been a moment in a game when you went "damn that's totally badass"

My entry is when in Ninja Gaiden when Ryu fucking checks out the fortress from a distance.

What a fucking badass.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »

Hmm. 999

http://i.imgur.com/qC9K99M.png <<< Picture is spoilerific.

Code:
Snake after getting shot 6 times in the chest uses his dying moments to avenge his sisters death.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 10:56:20 PM »

Badass!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »

Galuf in the Sealed Forest in FFV (although its somewhat less badass if you enter into that sequence as a White Mage).

Hell, Galuf in general is king badass what with being a world saving hero, flies around in a meteor, storms a castle single-handed to save the rest of the party, and then there's the stuff in the Sealed Forest plus the stuff that he gets in with the rest of the party.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 12:25:28 AM »

Galuf in the Sealed Forest in FFV (although its somewhat less badass if you enter into that sequence as a White Mage).

Hell, Galuf in general is king badass what with being a world saving hero, flies around in a meteor, storms a castle single-handed to save the rest of the party, and then there's the stuff in the Sealed Forest plus the stuff that he gets in with the rest of the party.

his sacrifice somewhat less badass as you get someone with the exact same powers and skills like 2 minutes later.

my moment, probably the shootout in red dead redemption, you guys know which one.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 04:11:51 AM »

For me, it's this scene from Sukoden III.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWpG9KRVBTY

Geddoe. This just came out of the blue, and I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 05:03:08 AM »

Revenge of Meta Knight - the ending
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 05:13:04 AM »

this is definately one of my favs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba8H6QmrvrQ
kos-mos vs black testament.

this is pretty good too
http://youtu.be/NOaj8DXgZNU?t=3m40s

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:21 AM »

Breath of fire IV
Two points in the game really stand out for me as being scenes of total badassness
Code:
The first is at Ershins "last stand" where Ershin says "If someone asked you to escape, leaving them behind, what would you do? It becomes even more badass when you realise she means it as a legitimate question.
The second is the scene with Scias at the windmill

Radiant historia
I actually preferred the normal ending to the true ending but this part really stands out to me. It is as much the music changing to Red Locus as it is the scene itself.

There is also the best bad ending in the game where you discover what a badass Marco is

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 11:30:09 AM »

his sacrifice somewhat less badass as you get someone with the exact same powers and skills like 2 minutes later.

my moment, probably the shootout in red dead redemption, you guys know which one.

To be fair though, given that the game's character development system basically required having all four party members with you for most of the game so that nobody falls behind in Job development, the fact that they killed anybody off at all was a pretty ballsy maneuver.

I mean, compare with Dragon Quest VII where you lose Maribel for a significant portion of the game and is replaced by Aira and the only thing Aira has coming into the party is a couple levels in Warrior and maxed out Dancer (which is the fastest class to max out in the game so its not even that big of a deal). By the time Maribel comes back, not only has Aira probably surpassed her in class levels but she can only get on the team if Gabo (aka the only guy other than the MC to have stuck around since opening up the game's class system and thus is tied with the most class levels on the team) takes the bench in her place.

The tl;dr is that DQVII was pretty stupid with its class system while FFV wasn't, even if it meant conferring everything invested in Galuf onto his granddaughter immediately after his death.

Also, what were you expecting? An angst montage? In a game where a turtle dukes it out with a sentient tree parading around in a suit of armor DBZ style? Well okay, there were a couple, but they still didn't dwell on them for long like in later FF games.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »

The dudes' bath scene(s) in Lunar 1. Those were some really bad asses.

Okay, now for the serious answer:

I really thought the battle in Tales of the Abyss where Meaning of Birth plays and the battle in Tales of Vesperia where Fury Sparks plays were both badass moments.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:27:22 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 12:58:32 PM »

See this is why FFV is the best game.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 01:09:04 PM »

For me, it's this scene from Sukoden III.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWpG9KRVBTY

Geddoe. This just came out of the blue, and I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it.

Yes, this scene! It's hilarious regardless of how many times I see it. I was hoping that Geddoe punched him so hard that he died on impact.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 04:52:51 PM »

I thought that Blitzball FMV at the beginning of FFX, after Tidus gets done signing autographs and acting all cool with the crowd, was pretty badass.  It looked like a rough, badass, futuristic sport, like underwater rugby, with a metal song playing in the background.  Tidus even had that look when he sent that opposing player flying into the stands.   

Too bad he turned out to be one of those entitled, kinda spoilt-bratty, whiny type jocks with "first world problem" daddy issues. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »

I thought that Blitzball FMV at the beginning of FFX, after Tidus gets done signing autographs and acting all cool with the crowd, was pretty badass.  It looked like a rough, badass, futuristic sport, like underwater rugby, with a metal song playing in the background.  Tidus even had that look when he sent that opposing player flying into the stands.   

Too bad he turned out to be one of those entitled, kinda spoilt-bratty, whiny type jocks with "first world problem" daddy issues. 

Don't forget that the game itself wasn't that hot either, and got really boring really fast.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: