Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 04:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331925 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 22869 times)
Back2Basics

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2014, 01:37:17 AM »

cant wait for this!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »

I mean they are rather pointless because the games in this collection are old and already have separate reviews of their own from their original release, but the reviews of this have been very positive so far. Can't wait till next week. Why did my spring break have to be this week?!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2014, 08:37:09 PM »

I'm still confused about whether the soundtrack is original + remixed and lets you choose or whether it's remixed only.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »

I'm still confused about whether the soundtrack is original + remixed and lets you choose or whether it's remixed only.

I've heard 'no'. :(

I'm gonna be liking Besaid Island a whole lot less now.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »

^As far I've seen in livestreams you can't choose between soundtracks.

Also I'm not gonna bother with these two games. I enjoy them in their time but I have too many problems with both games to play them again. Besides, there's this thing called Dark Souls II coming out and you know as a fan of the Souls series duty calls.

That said, have all the fun I can't get from X and X-2 nowadays for me guys!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2014, 05:52:50 AM »

It's a real drag about the soundtracks but I've never played FFX-2, and I really enjoyed X, so being able to play these over here without lugging out a PS2 is really nice.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »

Wasn't really interested in getting this at first, but now I sort of am.

The only question is, PS3 or Vita...

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2014, 02:39:52 PM »

Wasn't really interested in getting this at first, but now I sort of am.

The only question is, PS3 or Vita...

If you are me... both haha. I have to be able to play on my vita when my fiance wants the TV (which is fine) and then be able to play it on the TV when she is gone or doing something else.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »

Bad news about the Vita version, only FFX is on the cartridge, so you have to download FFX-2 separately. I really would have liked to have gotten it on my Vita, but the fact is that I still just have a 4 gb harddrive, and I don't feel like upgrading because they couldn't spend the money on an extra cartridge. PS3 version it is then, whenever I feel like I need to actually play Final Fantasy X. Spoony's videos kind of turned me off of the game.   

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2014, 05:00:05 PM »

Yeah it does kind of suck that X-2 is download only for Vita, but luckily I just bought my Vita and an 8GB memory card today so I should be fine.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: March 13, 2014, 05:08:46 PM »

Vita game cards max out at 4GB so there's no way they could have fit both games on one card.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2014, 07:33:08 PM »

Spoony's videos kind of turned me off of the game.

I would never take anything he says about most games all that seriously personally. His best stuff was when he talked about the Ultima series and some of his playthroughs, like SWAT 4 and Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »

Bad news about the Vita version, only FFX is on the cartridge, so you have to download FFX-2 separately. I really would have liked to have gotten it on my Vita, but the fact is that I still just have a 4 gb harddrive, and I don't feel like upgrading because they couldn't spend the money on an extra cartridge. PS3 version it is then, whenever I feel like I need to actually play Final Fantasy X. Spoony's videos kind of turned me off of the game.   

Spoony annoys me.  It's one thing to criticize, but the guy doesn't have enough content for the time slot he gives himself and makes a lot of empty points that can be applied to a lot of games on the principle of being games.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »

Good News: I not only have Tuesday off, but Sunday off as well (I normally work every Sunday), so I have no work days between now and when the game releases.

Bad News: I figured with my free 2-day shipping Amazon would ship the game tomorrow and I'd receive it on Tuesday. However, a friend reminded me they wouldn't ship on a Saturday--and holy crap just had a deja vu moment typing that--so it would most likely ship today. And since I haven't heard anything yet, I'm starting to worry a little bit.

I've never been this anxious for a game to come out, and for an HD port nonetheless!

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »

Thanks to an awesome boyfriend, I have game and Atelier Eschatology.

Final Fantasy X HD - Impressions

= God Tidus starts as such a wiener.  Certainly the sub-par voice direction and general scene planning (which is very wooden) isn't helping anything at all.  Like Brother grunting his way to explain things is more ape than man, or Auron acting so cool it comes off as occasionally hammy.  However ---

= Graphically, and the HD bits aside, the game has aged very well and it's kinda hard to believe the game came out as early in the 2000s as it did.  In terms of how that translates for new players or even old I'm sure as different for everyone. 

= Which reminds me.  The best thing this game did was prompting the battle menu RIGHT AFTER an enemy attacks (you don't have to wait for them to go back to their idle positions) making quick fights a literal volley of attacks.  So it's aged well too, mostly because it was so perfect before.  And a helluva nice change up from the snails-paced FF8 and 9 battle systems....*groan*

= I love how strange and hazy the beginning segment is

= Honestly, I've barely noticed the OST changes. Maybe the initial tracks don't vary too much from the original right now.  But right now, paired with the rest of the sights and sounds and furies, it's ok.

= I *love* the new Menu!  GOD I HATED THE OLD PS2 ONE; what the hell was all the stuff on it?  Some random water band?  Giant PlayOnline logo and website? And two versions of "Final Fantasy X" written out?!  Hideous.

It *still* has the two FF's written out (why?), but now the water band moves and all that PlayOnline garbage is gone.  But also, I love the added textures here and in the actual menu screen.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: