Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 01:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327470 Posts in 13409 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 19113 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2014, 05:42:49 AM »

I put on FFX-2.... just to listen to that opening credit music and video.  For an otherwise tacky game, the opening and visuals are extremely tasteful. 

I swear everyone that has had or still has a grudge with X-2 say the same thing. I've been practically reading the same post from different people for years now. xD
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2014, 09:05:54 AM »

Played a couple hours of FFX on the Vita last night and the visuals were gorgeous! I thought I wouldn't like some of the new song arrangements, but with my headphones in they actually sounded great. I will be switching over to the PS3 tonight to see if there's any differences. Finally got my X-2 Vita code to work too.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »

I want to buy these but I'm already buying Reaper of Souls and InFamous hnngh

Last month I picked up Bravely Default, Lightning Returns and Professor Layton. This month I'm getting FFX/X-2, Reaper of Souls, and Witch and the Hundred Knight. Terrible financial decision, but I convinced myself to do it since there are really only 3 other games I want for the rest of the year.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:55 AM »

It kinda sucks there  is no cross play. I grabbed it on the PS3 so my wife and I could play through it together. We met and starting playing FFXI and WoW and she never really played through a single player RPG. I thought this would be a solid first game. 23G download was a shock. Is that uncompressed audio for both games?

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2014, 10:07:54 AM »

It kinda sucks there  is no cross play. I grabbed it on the PS3 so my wife and I could play through it together. We met and starting playing FFXI and WoW and she never really played through a single player RPG. I thought this would be a solid first game. 23G download was a shock. Is that uncompressed audio for both games?

What do you mean there's no cross play? You can switch between the Vita and PS3 versions if you buy both copies. Are you meaning something else?

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: March 19, 2014, 10:25:35 AM »

Sorry, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:28:43 AM by Zendervai » Logged
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »

What do you mean there's no cross play? You can switch between the Vita and PS3 versions if you buy both copies. Are you meaning something else?

Sorry, I meant cross buy. It sucks having to buy it twice. Game looks amazing and I want 12 done like this, so I may just buy it twice.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: March 19, 2014, 11:28:03 AM »

I put on FFX-2.... just to listen to that opening credit music and video.  For an otherwise tacky game, the opening and visuals are extremely tasteful. 

I swear everyone that has had or still has a grudge with X-2 say the same thing. I've been practically reading the same post from different people for years now. xD

I think the plot is silly, but I think it's also almost unanimous that the battle system is adored as well.
It being tacky is hard to argue against when you see the 'quality' of the hot spring scene haha

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: March 19, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »

It being tacky is hard to argue against when you see the 'quality' of the hot spring scene haha

That massage minigame... had to mute the TV due to embarrassment.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: March 19, 2014, 11:53:40 AM »

I was far too oblivious as a child when I was playing that scene. I now understand why my mother asked me what I was doing.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: March 19, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

love it

I've had the reactions before too
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:59:00 PM by Dice » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »

It is pretty hard to argue about FFX-2's horrendous presentation. The game is great when you look past that, but when you combine FFX's sub par writing with fanservice sleaze, even the best story in the world won't save that combination.

I do disagree with a couple of the detractors who dislike the endings though. I actually liked them all, particularly the "Good but not perfect" ending. Call me a sucker for happily ever after kitsch.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

love it

Why did you edit a seemingly innocuous post? :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2014, 02:14:02 PM »

I think the plot is silly, but I think it's also almost unanimous that the battle system is adored as well.

I didn't mind any of the fanservice and playful tone of the story or how it was presented. After how dense X was it was nice changing the tone for something different IMO.

And for as long as I've seen people complaining about what X-2 isn't, I'd say is pretty fun for betraying whatever expectations some fans had for a sequel to X.

There is a long story of Western players feeling ashamed with Japanese games. Screw your sensibilities, just embrace the madness. :)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »

love it

Why did you edit a seemingly innocuous post? :P

... >_>
Code:
I feel like I yak too much

I didn't mind any of the fanservice and playful tone of the story or how it was presented. After how dense X was it was nice changing the tone for something different IMO.

And for as long as I've seen people complaining about what X-2 isn't, I'd say is pretty fun for betraying whatever expectations some fans had for a sequel to X.

There is a long story of Western players feeling ashamed with Japanese games. Screw your sensibilities, just embrace the madness. :)

With respect to the second half, I get it, but I think it's more just the style just isn't for me.  Moaning and risqué massages?  It's fanservice and trying too hard to be funny and sexy and coming off more awkward since, being a game, I gotta to it to progress the story.  I don't doubt that there's an audience for it -- it just isn't me.  The rest of the gameplay is swell though.

And also, it was nice seeing Yuna break out of her more 'lovely and frail flower' demeanour from the first game and to actually see her running around.  TAKE THAT WHITE MAGE TROPE.  And I loved being able to travel more freely not have to travel up and down Spira again.

As for the first half, I have no problems with a lighter tone... But along with what Klutz was saying, I just found it unnaturally acted and poorly scripted that it didn't, again, do much for me.  It felt like girls pretending to be girly and coming off kinda wooden. x)
I love the idea of it, and I'd always advocate some "gurl power' in games.  And by no means am I bashing the title as a whole -- because I actually don't hate it at all.

@Klutz Yeah I had no problem with the super-happy-wonderful ending.  For any amount of grief an MC goes through I like when they're rewarded for the efforts than punished with a sad/bad ending.  I actually really get bugged out by sad endings.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:40:13 PM by Dice » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: