Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334690 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 24020 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: April 19, 2014, 10:39:52 AM »

How tragic... just when I started to feel immersed in the game again, my playstation 3 died with the famous light of death yeallow light... and the game is still trapped in the console.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: April 19, 2014, 02:30:19 PM »

If you're feeling adventurous it's not that hard to disassemble a PS3 to get a disc out of the drive.

(Speaks from experience...)

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: April 20, 2014, 06:00:51 AM »

Alternatively, you can use a hair dryer to buy maybe another day or so of use for it in order to get the disc out and back up your data (look up youtube videos). Question then becomes whether you want to buy a new one or get a refurb. I recommend against a refurb because it will probably die shortly afterwards.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »

You could also contact sony for a service repair, which should run you 130 bucks in the states. Iirc they offer to "upgrade" your older system for a newer model too if you want.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »

Halfway done Monster Arena collecting. Just got Macalania, Thunder Plains, Inside Sin and Calm Lands to go. Is tedious work.

Then I'll start Celestial Weapon collecting. I have Aurons, Yuna's, Tidus's and Rikku's currently. Wakka's will be a pain the in the hole, Lulu's too. I'll probably just ignore kiamari entirely.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2014, 06:46:16 PM »

I ignored Kimahri completely lol. I have his celestial weapon, but he's the only one I didn't get the sigil for. I probably would have had they made it a trophy like everyone elses... but they didn't lol. Getting 10 of every enemy was such a pain the butt. Don't wish it on anyone. I am just farming luck spheres and fortune spheres right now.

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »

Thank you for your suggestions guys. $130 for repair (plus shipping costs) is almost the price of a brand new PS3. They are priced around $200 now.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »

I don't recall having to pay any shipping costs but that might be because I took it to a Sony Store and they mailed it from there, rather than being sent straight from/to my home.

It's not really a 'repair', though.  Pretty sure the PS3 they gave me was brand new.  (I had an old fat one, I ended up receiving the latest slim model...).

But I've heard plenty of stories about people never getting discs back that were stuck in their PS3s after sending them in.  It doesn't seem well-organized in that respect.  I still recommend opening it up yourself to get the disc even if you're going to send it in.  It's out of warranty anyway.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: April 22, 2014, 06:32:03 AM »

You could also contact sony for a service repair, which should run you 130 bucks in the states. Iirc they offer to "upgrade" your older system for a newer model too if you want.
I've done that twice, they just send you a refurb.....hence why I had to do it twice since the first one died again within like two months to the same problem.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: