Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335276 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 24851 times)
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 09:14:20 PM »

Not buying if no last mission.  Already beat X numerous times and X-2 100% years ago, an half hour audio drama is not enticing enough
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 09:17:17 PM »

Not buying if no last mission.  Already beat X numerous times and X-2 100% years ago, an half hour audio drama is not enticing enough

I'm mostly shaking my head with what the half hour J-drama can possibly be about; the FF10-2 "true ending" was dumb enough.

I really think the perks of FFX Int are pretty damn splendid, but like what Taelus says, there's no excuse for not including it based on memory of a goddamn bluray; far grander epics have fit onto one disc like the related corridor adventure: FF13.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2013, 09:39:45 PM »

I don't even think FFX-2 was necessary, story-wise.  I thought FFX ended just fine as is.  I will admit, though, that I liked Noriko Matsueda and Takahito Eguchi's music for X-2.  It was different than your garden variety JRPG soundtrack (lots of jazz and funk textures), but I dug it. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

X-2 wasn't necessary, but it showed another side of Spira when the people aren't constantly afraid for their lives, which is nice. It's not necessary, but it's not useless.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »

I thought the Eternal Calm Epilogue did a good job of the showing Spira after war, to be honest.  I'm not sure how openly released it was in North America, though.  I remember the first time I saw the movie was on a demo disk in one of the gaming magazines.  I think it was part of the International release?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOHcImHBmw

So, er, yeah, I agree. Not really necessary.  I honestly wasn't the biggest X fan, so had they put X-2's battle system into any other game I would have loved it a lot more. I ended up liking X-2 a lot more than X.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »

I'm mostly shaking my head with what the half hour J-drama can possibly be about; the FF10-2 "true ending" was dumb enough.

Dumb is how sensitive FF fans can get sometimes (or, most of the time).

I thought that the ending of X was kinda abrupt and didn't give a sense of closure from the point of view of Yuna so everything that came after it expanded that world more for those who wanted to see new scenarios and what not.

Besides is not like X-2 and the True Ending ruined the entire story, that always for me has been people feeling polarized by the game itself more than anything else. But you know, people is gonna say whatever they want so in a way I'm glad that Square Enix has that attitude of just doing what they think is best for what they are creating while still trying to be careful with the reaction they can get from fans.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »

Dumb is how sensitive FF fans can get sometimes (or, most of the time).

I thought that the ending of X was kinda abrupt and didn't give a sense of closure from the point of view of Yuna so everything that came after it expanded that world more for those who wanted to see new scenarios and what not.

Besides is not like X-2 and the True Ending ruined the entire story, that always for me has been people feeling polarized by the game itself more than anything else. But you know, people is gonna say whatever they want so in a way I'm glad that Square Enix has that attitude of just doing what they think is best for what they are creating while still trying to be careful with the reaction they can get from fans.

With all due respect, and forums need people like ya (so I say it actually *with* respect) but you seem a bit more over-sentimental for X and XIII.  I'm the same for cerrtain other series' (Star Ocean for one), so yeah.

I thought the more abrupt nature of the ending (whether you meant it or not, but certainly Tidus' "abrupt" departure in the ending) was what made almost more tragic because it was quick and sudden, where you're not given more "magical love" time for the main couple to spend time together.  The endgame "hug" he gives her was certainly one of the most memorable things I've seen as far as videogame romance is concerned.  But it gets really cheapened when ~magic~ brings him back for little reason besides Yuna missed him and went through some of the most arbitrary conditions to get a 100% completion score to achieve said ending (skipping text, talking to a mascot two minutes into the game, wtf).

The game really didn't need a x-2, and certainly few were expecting it at the end of the first game.  It IS a nice addition though, I liked Zen's perspective where it's nice to see people not living in fear and saying "SIN" like they're talking about Lord Voldemort; I also felt that similar pain where Zanarkand became a cheap tourist attraction the second time around (...hmm).  I also loved the fuck out of the battle system and had a blast with it, and I agree with Din's remarks on super funky and hip OST (while maybe not as memorable than the original game's soundtrack, certainly had an interesting flair...and the opening piano tune is 11/10 as far as a main FF theme goes).

.....but then fuckin Vegnagun happened and then we got a Romeo and Juliet story done to the tune of Brittany Spears and Tidus-wannabe on his period threatening to blow things up with his big gunz.  Also, I gotta throw beef at the obligatory bathing scene for being pointless and awkward more than "girls bein' girls".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NDQcuO_16aQ#t=101s
Are they like....even doing anything at the end?  If they were trying to be cute they failed because that conversation has happened in 99.5% of all anime, and if they were trying to be sexy, the girls wear basically the same amount of clothing (or lack of) in just their normal attire.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 12:48:36 AM by Dice » Logged

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 12:47:09 AM »

I can't wait to hear the soundtrack for X again. "Wandering Flame" 0____0

I hope this sells well so we'll see FFXII: IZJS in the near future.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 03:01:15 AM »

i absolutely hate the oldschool FF fans that think X-2 is amazing because dat atb.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 03:03:53 AM »

you seem a bit more over-sentimental for X and XIII.

Maybe. Everytime I see someone barking about X-2 or the XIII series I just assume is another person that has the attitude of some older fans with being salty and feeling betrayed by SQEX all the time, or something.

I got bored of that a long time ago. *shrug*

And yeah... I just enjoy FF for what it is and I don't let nostalgia get to me or ruin my experience. Though that doesn't mean that I don't agree with some of the criticism that fans have reapeated over and over and over again for years.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:40:56 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 05:22:06 AM »

i absolutely hate the oldschool FF fans that think X-2 is amazing because dat atb.

Meh. I'll take Vagrant Story's battle system over any game.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »

I enjoy X-2's battle system because it's nothing LIKE old school FF battle systems. It's much faster paced, cast times become a consideration, and the garment grid system was a really nifty idea if not poorly executed (seriously, did anyone bother using activated grid bonuses?)
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 10:37:45 AM »

I never played X-2, but there were a few times I almost bought it... Seemed interesting, with a few somewhat unique aspects. It ultimately sounds like I didn't miss too much however, so I'm content not knowing this "True Ending" (lol). X ended well as it was, IMO.
I should replay X soon, actually. Been years...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »

I don't really understand the push to "go back" to turn based.  Those days are still, rather, *right* behind us; we've had turn based for like 15 years.  COME FORTH, AGE OF ACTION RPGs!!!  I WELCOME YOU.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »

^Turn-based battle systems that feel dynamic are cool in my book.

That said, I do like my action being as fast-paced as it can be personally.

I never played X-2, but there were a few times I almost bought it... Seemed interesting, with a few somewhat unique aspects. It ultimately sounds like I didn't miss too much however, so I'm content not knowing this "True Ending" (lol). X ended well as it was, IMO.

Well too fucking bad that X got a sequel then. T_T'

I mean, one of the reasons why X-2 was made in the first place was because a decent amount of fans wanted to see more VII and X universes, so Square did that and the classic case of gamers wanting a thing, getting the thing and then complaining endlessly for years about how it wasn't exactly what they wanted or expected happened.

...though, Final Fantasy V was the first FF that got a sequel that was a short series of OVAs if I'm not wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: