Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:28:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338746 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 26027 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »

South Park will probably get delayed....AGAIN

What I was about to say.

Also there's Bravely Default if you want to lump 3DS into that pile. Yikes. Maybe I'll wait even longer for a PS4, that would only add to the backlog.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2013, 01:42:57 PM »

Already ordered this on Amazon a couple months ago expecting it by the end of the year. Sucks I have to wait so long, but at least I don't have to worry about the financial aspect come March, it will just show up like magic.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

They haven't set an exact date yet, but isn't Xillia 2 supposed to be out around then too?

What is it about Feb/March? This time period has been really busy for releases for several years in a row now.  Busier than the holiday season, at least for stuff that interests me...

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2013, 02:45:21 PM »

They haven't set an exact date yet, but isn't Xillia 2 supposed to be out around then too?

What is it about Feb/March? This time period has been really busy for releases for several years in a row now.  Busier than the holiday season, at least for stuff that interests me...

People getting bored of their holiday games + End of fiscal year around the corner = good time for a sales push.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »

Yeah, about that European trailer for this game? Don't watch it if you're still new to FFX and don't want to know the story's biggest points.

It's RIDDLED TO THE TOP with massive spoilers it's not even funny.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »

^ They play a similar trailer in US Gamestops and all I can think is "Seriously!?"
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/16/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-collectors-edition-announced-north-america/

FFX Squeenix CE.

Yea... what is that like, basically, 30-40 buck extra for an uber-fancy soundtrack? The force is weak with this one for me...

I feel like soundtracks should be a given inclusion for CE's. I want some extra goodies Square... Even your freakin' XIII-3 pocket watch tempts me more than this.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »

Eh, I've been buying Soundtracks for years and $30 isn't too bad for a full one.

That said, I already own the original four-disk soundtrack, so there's really no need for me to buy it.  But seriously, I loathe these Digital River exclusives.  I already ranted about this in the LR thread, but ugh. I hate their website.  I suppose it's better than a GameStop exclusive though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:53:45 PM by Cyril » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2013, 04:00:16 PM »

You also don't get the GORGEOUS cover art from the day-one Limited Edition. So yeah, sticking with my Amazon purchase, thanks.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »

Eh, I've been buying Soundtracks for years and $30 isn't too bad for a full one.

That said, I already own the original four-disk soundtrack, so there's really no need for me to buy it.  But seriously, I loathe these Digital River exclusives.  I already ranted about this in the LR thread, but ugh. I hate their website.  I suppose it's better than a GameStop exclusive though.

I pre-ordered the Digital River exclusive (I had a horrible time with Ni no Kuni, so I'm taking another risk), but I already own the original soundtrack, but with that Bluray disc, is it possible to rip the re-arranged songs to my PS3 and then transfer them to a flash drive? Or am I just limited to listening to the songs from the disc?  I know with the Journey Collection, you were able to download the soundtrack for fl0w, flower, and Journey to your hard drive; was just wondering if the same thing applied.

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/FFXHD/

Samples of music and tons of them, including lots of arranged stuff for FFX.  Sadly, none of the X-2 tracks got the arrange treatment.  I still think X-2 has one of the more underrated soundtracks out there.  YuRiPa Fight No. 2 is a great battle theme.  The first song on the soundtrack is good too.  I agree with one of my companions that Mitsuto Suzuki could've HD-arranged the X-2 music like a boss.  It deserves some re-treatment.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »

Oh hey, thanks for that.

I feel like a few of the X redone tracks are kind of hit and miss, compared to KH1.5's where I'd give about 90% the superior rating.  They're not bad, per se, but I almost feel like they're trying to convey a different atmosphere all together (like the Blitzball menu prep theme, Inflexible Determination, is a lot less demanding due to less focus on the drum, for example) in some cases.  Other times they get it perfectly.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2013, 11:34:36 PM »

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/FFXHD/

Samples of music and tons of them, including lots of arranged stuff for FFX.  Sadly, none of the X-2 tracks got the arrange treatment.  I still think X-2 has one of the more underrated soundtracks out there.  YuRiPa Fight No. 2 is a great battle theme.  The first song on the soundtrack is good too.  I agree with one of my companions that Mitsuto Suzuki could've HD-arranged the X-2 music like a boss.  It deserves some re-treatment.

While I definitely think the OST has a few "misses" (X-2 Besaid is bland as hell to me. the airship theme with a monkey cry too...), I agree for the most part.  I thought it was far more ambitious and I loved some of the atypical sounds coming out of it.  A minor example is how we went from a somewhat "safe" (but catchy) piano theme for the Thunder Plains to the interestingly "tech-y" one featured in X-2.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2013, 03:20:24 AM »

Fuck nostalgia. The remastered soundtrack is *vastly* improved over the original.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2013, 05:55:03 AM »

Not really, and it's nothing to do with nostalgia.  There is an excessive amount of reverb, and the mixing is really off.  It's like the difference between this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPq2u74bMk

...versus this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weewaTuUheQ

The new arrangements could sound a lot more like the latter example with some work, which would require time.  But it doesn't.  It mostly sounds like the former example.  Sound levels for instruments are off.  In its current state, it sounds very unpolished.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: