Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 12:28:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340870 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 26633 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2013, 12:35:58 PM »

Somehow I would have greatly appreciated the insertion of new dungeons and story chapters to blend smoothly with what we've already played.

Sometimes I find those giant companies so lazy. Maybe it's just me but I don't feel a huge difference with the HD versions. They major reason I'm excited is because I will be able to play it on an handheld system. But well, they'll surely get my money anyway for that collection.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:40:10 PM by blackthirteen » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »

Not really, and it's nothing to do with nostalgia.  There is an excessive amount of reverb, and the mixing is really off.  It's like the difference between this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPq2u74bMk

...versus this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weewaTuUheQ

The new arrangements could sound a lot more like the latter example with some work, which would require time.  But it doesn't.  It mostly sounds like the former example.  Sound levels for instruments are off.  In its current state, it sounds very unpolished.

I agree.  I'm not a "music person", so in layman's terms, it sounds like the "instruments" are better ...but the quality of sound and the volume is off.  It still sounds nice, and I do like some of the new liberties taken...  I can still see myself switching up songs a lot mid-game.  x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2013, 03:46:48 PM »

@Parn: Just in case I didn't said that the original soundtrack was terrible, I was never particulary fond of it for the most part. I'm happy with how the remastered version turn it out to be for my own enjoyment and that's that.

I'll see about the point that you mentioned on my own later though.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2013, 08:28:38 PM »

Fuck nostalgia. The remastered soundtrack is *vastly* improved over the original.

How is it nostalgia if I don't even particularly like the original game's soundtrack. . .?  Or the original game, for that matter.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2013, 10:49:55 PM »

How is it nostalgia if I don't even particularly like the original game's soundtrack. . .?  Or the original game, for that matter.

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis? Is totally cool if you are not into X (and/or X-2), that previous post wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »

Oh, I see.  My bad.

I do love X-2, though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2013, 01:51:41 AM »

^X-2 is pretty fun, I've always liked it better than X. Overall though I'm not that much into this series of games to be perfectly clear.

Honestly I rather put time in Final Fantasy IX again or get the few trophies I never got in XIII.

---

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster -- Twitch

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Trophy Sets (spoilers) -- NeoGAF
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2013, 04:38:07 AM »

I agree.  I'm not a "music person", so in layman's terms, it sounds like the "instruments" are better ...but the quality of sound and the volume is off.  It still sounds nice, and I do like some of the new liberties taken...  I can still see myself switching up songs a lot mid-game.  x)

Wait - are both soundtracks included? I got the impression we were just getting the remixed tracks.

Listening to both, I prefer the originals. I can't say why, I just don't find the new ones appealing.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2013, 04:46:40 AM »

Something is very wrong with those trophies.

Why is a Complete the Sphere Grid (one character) a Silver while Completing the Chocobo riding with 0.00.00 a Bronze?

SE has a twisted version of what is "easy."
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2013, 05:36:45 AM »

Why is a Complete the Sphere Grid (one character) a Silver while Completing the Chocobo riding with 0.00.00 a Bronze?

Yeah. I hated those blasted sea-gulls and invisible walls with a passion. >_<

I love how getting all the al behd dictionaries are gold, but you don't even get anything for the butterfly hunt or beating all the dark aeons.
Safe to say I will not be doing any of the more obscure bullshit this time around, but kudos to anyone who does decide to platinum this. That's going to take a while.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2013, 10:59:12 AM »

Meanwhile, all 26 Al Bhed Primers is a Golden. Wow.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »

With release of X/X-2 HD Remaster is hilarious for me to see that there's still fans out there that after 10 years make like X-2 never existed.

Wait - are both soundtracks included?

Probably. For the little I've seen in livestreams I haven't since anyone changing soundtracks, and really it wouldn't be weird if they don't offer the option.

Not like that's any kind news at this point. More than one person has gone crazy over the years completing Square's RPGs.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »

So some fans online are going bananas over the possibility of X-3 being a thing.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2013, 04:16:03 PM »

I think it's less the idea of X-3 that makes people mad, but how terrible the drama CD was and how forced the plot of X-3 is going to be if it is any indication.

Code:
To be honest, I was thinking of being snarky and making a comment about how X-3 already exists as FFVII, but. . .
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »

^There would be negativity among some fans either way knowing how this sort of things usually go.

By the way, I'm completely apathetic as I'm writing this so don't get any kind emotion out of what I'm saying in this post.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: