Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:23:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 24374 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »

^There would be negativity among some fans either way knowing how this sort of things usually go.

There can be more negativity depending on certain directions, and what I'm hearing is probably the sure fire way to get a fuck load of that venom. Fanfic/shit cash-in movie quality right there.

EDIT: For the record I don't think the idea of FFX-3 is inherently a bad idea, but if that audio drama's any indication it may well be everything I don't want out of an FFX-3.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:20:11 PM by Eusis » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2013, 12:27:56 AM »

I'm not confident with Square Enix's current treatment of the series to want a FFX-3.  And come on!  That'd be a THIRD trek around Spira.  I don't mind sequels for particular titles, but I definitely don't think a "three-quel" for an RPG is better than perhaps something brand-spanking-new.  Unless they set that shit 3000 years in the future and terraform the hell out of the planet....  I don't think third time's a charm for this, hell, it's *barely* working for FF13-3.

I DO approve of more HD titles.
....Yes, I do mean FF9. 

...  Just a thought too.
I'm kinda getting old here, so bare with me.  But as much as I loved the FF15 trailer and gameplay, I then think of it opposite of something like 'The Last of Us'.  You got some hot-shit like Noctis who looks like he stepped out of Naruto,  and he literally has like 40 weapons on the go on one end... and on the other you get Joel who has struggled for 20 years through shit, shit, and more shit.  He's got muscles because of a lifetime of survival, permanent frown lines because he's hold and has probably seen hell, and he looks filthy the rest of the time.

It's probably a bad idea to compare the two, they're obviously completely different contexts and game genres...  But what I mean to say is not much of FF13 really compelled me dramatically as 'The Last of Us' did.  The bit with Sazh was effective enough, certainly the amount of struggle he faced to get his son safe and sound was very sweet.  But then his plot got rehashed, cut up, and had him playing fucking Poker to get him back in 13-2 and god knows what in 13-3.  I'd also say Serah's tale was quite interesting and tragic till they played her between life and death the entire time and it got weird and old (something tells me she'll have more than a few lines in FF13-3 as well because ????). 

FFX-3 sounds just like a bad idea.  The way dubious way Tidus brought back to life in FFX-2 (and even that game's plot in general) really gives me no confidence to create a compelling plot for a third time around.  But, like X-2, if the gameplay is enough and it's good then I'll probably bite....  But still...  I think even that goes so far to create something (as silly as it may sound) "Final Fantasy-worthy".

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2013, 05:06:34 AM »

^Playing The Last of Us a bunch times only made me appreciate Resident Evil 4 even more in the end.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:36:37 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2013, 06:53:18 AM »

By the way, I'm completely apathetic as I'm writing this so don't get any kind emotion out of what I'm saying in this post.

You should put that in your signature. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2013, 10:55:04 AM »

sry to be the broken record here but do any of the releases of this have dual audio?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »

You should put that in your signature. :P

sry to be the broken record here but do any of the releases of this have dual audio?

"Unfortunately for those who wanted Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD with Japanese voices, it will not be available to them. Vita games will have region-specific voice acting due to its ROM capacity."
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »

Everyone I know interested in this game only ever talks about the Vita version, but I'm completely skipping those for the PS3 version. I know the Vita screen is amazing and the game will look just fine, but I'd much rather play FFX on the big screnn
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2013, 02:04:30 AM »

Everyone I know interested in this game only ever talks about the Vita version

They gotta get something to play

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2013, 02:23:45 AM »

You've been making a lot of snarky Vita comments lately, Dice.  What's up with that?

I'll have you know my Vita backlog is rivaling my PS3 backlog...

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2013, 04:02:08 AM »

They'll have Conception II before it comes out.

I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2013, 05:05:21 AM »

It's both at once and more.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »

They'll have Conception II before it comes out.

It goes beyond the concepts of good and bad into the territory of amazing.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »

We've already played FFX on a big screen, I think it makes sense the game will feel newer on an handheld system. I don't think the graphics are that much improved to make the PS3 release that interesting (even if it's nice anyway).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2013, 06:37:52 PM »

It's both at once and more.

I was ready to write the whole thing off, but then I found out the first game was kind of a bait and switch in that it ended up mocking the very audience you'd think it was being sold to primarily, and I guess this one might actually have a pretty good story? Though that still depends on the gameplay being good, and at any rate this is something of a derail.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »

Yay derails.

I only ever played a demo of the first Conception but it did not impress gameplay-wise.  Still, everything I've read about Conception II seems to indicate that it brought some pretty big improvements to the gameplay.  It's gotten rather high reviews, in fact.  I'm actually kind of excited for it.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: