Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 04:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331655 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 22646 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2014, 03:34:59 PM »

In reference to your comments about the story, are you referring to both games, because I enjoyed both the writing and story in the first game. It wasn't a literary masterpiece, but it was more enjoyable than what I can usually expect in a JRPG, and not the worst story in the Final Fantasy series, either.

Sorry, but adding a personal insult to people who don't agree with your opinion seems a bit opposite your criticisms of Yggdrasil's attitude Dice.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »

In reference to your comments about the story, are you referring to both games, because I enjoyed both the writing and story in the first game. It wasn't a literary masterpiece, but it was more enjoyable than what I can usually expect in a JRPG, and not the worst story in the Final Fantasy series, either.

I also liked the story in the first game. Can't really say the same about the second though. That goes on the same level as FF X-2 for me with fun gameplay and... has a story.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »

if you like the story I think you'd also like the quality of writing seen in reality television and fan fiction by 16 year olds.

I don't like either of those. :v I've always said that I have enjoyed the story and that it took me a while for me to click with me, not that I loved it. At best I could say that I appreciate that they had the balls to present the narrative the way they did.

Keep fighting the good fight though.

But dear God, the series has been around too long... I'm kinda just sick of hearing about "FF13 news and updates" every week or so.

I expect more or less the same happening with XV online personally since is said to be a series like X and XIII too.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »

Pre-ordered this today along with the guide, will be a nice addition  to our collection and will be fun to play all over again...

doh
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »

I've wanted to replay FFX for about a month now, but have refrained because I know how close the HD version is to being released. D: Torture.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »

I've wanted to replay FFX for about a month now, but have refrained because I know how close the HD version is to being released. D: Torture.
Yeah, same here. Can't wait!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »

Pre-ordered this today along with the guide, will be a nice addition  to our collection and will be fun to play all over again...

I didn't even think about pre-ordering the guide. Since this is my favorite game ever, I went ahead and pre-ordered the guide with the game now. Thanks! lol

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2014, 08:12:20 PM »

Between this and Symphonia HD, I feel like I'm just playing the same titles I did 10 years ago... yay nostalgia!

Eugh, I am kind of dreading the Case/Artbook hybrid if they're doing that again.... that KH bundle pack-thing was gross.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2014, 08:34:37 PM »

I've had this game on preorder on Amazon since last summer, and now it's less than four weeks away. Also, I started replaying this a week before they revealed the project over 2 years ago. I put it on hold then thinking there was no way it would take this long to make. So to say the anticipation is killing me wouldn't be too far from the truth.

I do have a question for those of you that have already played the International Version: Does the expert sphere grid have the same nodes as the regular sphere grid but in a different order, or does it make it harder overall to develop the characters to ridiculous lengths?

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »

Between this and Symphonia HD, I feel like I'm just playing the same titles I did 10 years ago... yay nostalgia!

Eugh, I am kind of dreading the Case/Artbook hybrid if they're doing that again.... that KH bundle pack-thing was gross.

I have a feeling it will be the same type of case and I agree that was awful packaging. I was disappointed.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »

If I remember correctly (its been years since I played FFX) It doesn't make it harder, it just doesn't limit characters to certain classes.

For example: Lulu could more easily make the jump to Auron's more Knight-like abilities early in the game. In the end, you will probably have a mish-mash of different characters skills/abilities.

Basically it's like everyone is Kimahri and Kimahri is still pointless. (Hehe, not really but I couldn't resist that joke)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »

Basically it's like everyone is Kimahri and Kimahri is still pointless. (Hehe, not really but I couldn't resist that joke)

The battle where it's him alone was the worst for me.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »

The battle where it's him alone was the worst for me.

And the kicker is that a Gameshark actually makes that battle a million times longer, more tedious, and potentially more difficult. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »

Next month will be insane, Ill be getting LR:FF XIII to wrap up the trilogy, FF X/X-2 HD for PS3 because it's one of my favourite games ever, Metal Gear Legacy so I can play Peace Walker(it's the only metal gear game I havent played) on an HDTV and get that done in preparation for Ground Zeroes and then buy MGS V Ground Zeroes. Looking forward to finally playing this game in it's 60 hz borderless glory.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:56:21 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »

I do have a question for those of you that have already played the International Version: Does the expert sphere grid have the same nodes as the regular sphere grid but in a different order, or does it make it harder overall to develop the characters to ridiculous lengths?

Like Starmongoose said, as far as I can remember it just gives you more options, you can still develop them the way they were originally intended.

The main difference with the International Version is the stupid near-impossible Dark Aeons blocking off areas you might want to go back to near the end of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: