Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 01:28:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334711 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster, Listen to his story again...  (Read 24084 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: March 30, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »

Blitzball is the equivalent of having gas soaked shards of glass shoved up your anus then lit on fire.

What pisses me off is you simply cannot win. The game sets you up to fail.

This is my sixth time playing through FFX. I've already played the blitzball game four times today. It is physically impossible to win.

I cannot keep control of the ball. I never steal from the opposing team in tackles yet they always steal from me. 100% of the time.

I even went through the tutorial again today to see if I was doing anything wrong.

Nope. The game just fucks you over.

Are you talking about the Championship match?

Because I beat that on my second try, both times having been derpy enough to fail to remember you have to press Triangle in order to enable manual movement. So I was letting the AI pretty much make all the moves (sans Passing and Shooting triggers) and still pulled it off, despite the bone-headed 'zerg rush' tactics the game uses on full auto.

Just try a hot-potato tactic and avoid contact with the enemy as much as you can until you can get Tidus in for a Jecht Shot. Take long range passes to backline members if you have in order to avoid being boxed in.

And if you really, really don't want to play fair. You can always Jecht Shot at range, score, then pass the ball to someone and hide in your own goal the rest of the game (assuming they didn't fix that, I haven't tried yet).

If you mean the rest of Blitzball; wait til end game, recruit better players, play Exhibition mode only for a while and pass the ball to everyone on your team. Also allow the enemy to take a few shots at your goalie.

You need to start hitting the 10's before more of the better stat curves for your players start kicking in.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:11:51 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: March 30, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »

Oh, don't get me wrong.  Otherworld has to have the growls for ballsiness.  The Black Mages version with the clean female vocals is decent, but it lacks balls.  I just prefer my harsh vocals richer and less auto-tuned.  I'm not asking for Mikael Akerfeld from Opeth, but I at least want a Dez Farfara (DevilDriver) snarl.  Like I said before, Burton C. Bell's voice would have been awesome for that song.  I'm picky about my metal growls.  What can I say?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:05:36 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2014, 06:35:40 AM »

It's definitely a very nice port, FFX was 2nd best FF game and it's great to revisit it again.

I hoped some additional improvements such allowing to skip cutscenes, it's a big flaw they could have easily fixed.

Is it just me or the lips are no longer synced with the English voices? On the PS2 they did a great job with that aspect. In this version there are awkward moments when characters still move their lips when they're no longer speaking.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:38:50 AM by blackthirteen » Logged
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »

I don't remember the lips being synched very well in the PS2 version either, but it is more noticeable now because it is in HD and clearer to see. At this point I don't expect Square to do much in that regard. The FFXIII games weren't synched very well either.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2014, 01:30:38 PM »

The FFXIII games weren't synched very well either.

That's weird. I don't recall any of the XIII games being badly lip-synched as X or X-2 were on some occasions.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2014, 01:44:59 PM »

XIII was ok, but in LR when you switch the VA to Japanese, you can really see the difference in lip syncing.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2014, 11:42:08 PM »

Because I beat that on my second try, both times having been derpy enough to fail to remember you have to press Triangle in order to enable manual movement.

No I meant the championship match. What usually happened was they scored on me in the first half, I scored with Tidus, then Wakka would come out and I would get scored on and lose. Repeat ad nauseum. 

I never seem to be able to hang onto the ball. I finally beat it on Sunday after about 8 tries but I was growing increasingly frustrated by the end. I mean, I *know* I'll never get the 200 lightning dodge trophy, and I'm fine with that, but blitzball.....man that just pissed me off.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2014, 11:55:08 PM »

Because I beat that on my second try, both times having been derpy enough to fail to remember you have to press Triangle in order to enable manual movement.

No I meant the championship match. What usually happened was they scored on me in the first half, I scored with Tidus, then Wakka would come out and I would get scored on and lose. Repeat ad nauseum. 

I never seem to be able to hang onto the ball. I finally beat it on Sunday after about 8 tries but I was growing increasingly frustrated by the end. I mean, I *know* I'll never get the 200 lightning dodge trophy, and I'm fine with that, but blitzball.....man that just pissed me off.

I had a moment like that today with the Chocobo Races. Was about three seconds off from swearing because of those freaking birds. X-x

Couldn't just quit either because I got 0.0:8 on my third try.

40 minutes later I finally get the Sigil. ~_~;
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: April 02, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »

For your entertainment:

Some graphic ripper made screenshot differences between the low res and hi res FFX (PS2) models.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2-Character-model-swapping

Nothing to do with the HD version; just thought it'd be kinda cool to share

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:38 PM »

Lulu got a bust upgrade with the HD.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

Screw it. It's sale time.

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster#final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-ps3

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2014, 01:47:19 PM »

Not it Canada it isn't.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2014, 07:37:32 PM »

Just a random boredom thought:

Did anyone else smile for that little quip hinting at the origin of the Summoner's Horn on Gagazet?

It's the little things that make FFX so special to me.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:41 PM »

Not it Canada it isn't.

The only type of price change we get lately are fucking increases.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:12 PM »

According to the NPD report from last night the Vita did indeed see a sales spike thanks to this game in the US. Exact numbers weren't given though. PS4 outsold the XOne too despite the bundle with Titanfall being 100 bucks cheaper than the initial cost for the system. That's pretty bad if you ask me.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: