Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 06:59:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340919 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  CAVE Music History 2003 - 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CAVE Music History 2003 - 2012  (Read 863 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »

Hey everyone,

You might be a little music-marathon'd out after the RPGFan/OCRemix livestream of FFVI Balance&Ruin (this was awesome by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1kEPM9kHwM&feature=youtu.be ). But I wanted to share something with y'all. Took me over a year to collect all the music, then another 6 months to collect my thoughts, get a friend (Don Kotowski) to survey the music, and then mix the audio and video.

Here's a direct link to the eight-video playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVSA5IOX6A&feature=share&list=PLftVK--ruCzbIC85NhWMlwIhq6AUst5Tg

An article explaining the project in a little more detail:

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/cave-music-history-2003-2012-video-series/

Basically -- that's the discography of dev/pub CAVE. Y'know: Dodonpachi, Deathsmiles, Espgaluda, Mushihimesama, Ibara, and many more. We cover a total of 43 CDs.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to sell these albums soon to support the game I'm working on. But before that happens, I'm glad I was able to impart some enthusiasm and knowledge about this music to anyone willing to listen. Now I just gotta hope CAVE doesn't ask the videos be pulled down. It's supposed to be educational/critique. :)

Let me know what you think!

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »

Great job to you and Don on this 8-part series of CAVE's music! I'm an avid fan of the muchimuchipork! original sound track, so I'm glad I'm not alone there on loving this soundtrack (Stage one is one of my personal favorites too!).

In regards to the actual videos, perhaps place the composer(s)'s name on the video when a sample of their track is playing, or for their whole segment if they composed the whole album--same with the links in the video description. I like that you added a bunch of links on the game's ost and the tracks you used as samples, but perhaps add the composer--if known--to that field as well? It's a personal preferences, but I like information grouped--especially if there's a great deal of details.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you ever explain what a music drama was when you mentioned it? I can't remember if you guys did or not. Did you?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:28:53 PM »

This was very refreshing, more love and appreciation for CAVE music is always awesome to see.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:06:47 AM »

THanks for the support y'all. Please tell your friends. :)

And as for adding annotations in-video to give basic info (game, song, composer) -- I might go ahead and add that on a rainy day. :)

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »

As I told Don, great job on this.

Apparently "retirement" hasn't slowed you down, eh Pat? :D

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 11:51:50 AM »

I think it has. We recorded the audio in March but the videos only went up yesterday. It took 4 months! That's not exactly record-breaking. Though it was an ambitious project. :)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: