Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 07:44:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338344 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XII Reviewed by Famitsu.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII Reviewed by Famitsu.  (Read 5531 times)
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2006, 08:48:09 AM »

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6107

Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - 10 / 10 / 10 / 10 (40/40)

Let the anticipation begin :)

[Theres already a FF12 thread so if this is repeating just have a moderator deleted it or something]
Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 09:13:09 AM »

Wait a sec, a full 40?

..Hasn't Famitsu given out less than a dozen 40s on a review since it started publishing?

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:23:19 AM »

Famitsu has given a perfect score to 1 game per system, since the PS1.  From 1UP:

N64 - Zelda
PS1 - Vagrant Story (Matsuno)
PS2 - FFXII (Matsuno)
Dream Cast - Soul Caliber
NDS - Nintendogs
Gamecube - Zelda again.

Xbox and PSP are the only 2 platforms with 0 games with perfect scores.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:58:51 AM »

Holy crap.

I know a lot of people don't like Famitsu and all that, but a perfect score must mean it's pretty damn good, even if they are going over the top.

My anticipation just grew.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 10:20:06 AM »

I still haven't been able to touch Vagrant Story.  I've played about an hour of it and it keeps driving me nuts. :(  I feel like I must be missing out, a lot of people seem to hail it as one of the best games ever made, but I couldn't force myself past the first area past the initial dungeon.  The N64 Zelda was pretty decent though (dunno about 40/40, but it was a good time).  Haven't played the other games, so no idea there if the ratings are justified or not.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Blackjack

scott_790@msn.com HappiiyNeurotic scootermcgaffin
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 10:34:33 AM »

I swear I am the only person in the world with absolutely no desire to play Final Fantasy XII. :\

Do you have the text of the review by any chance?

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 10:40:15 AM »

WTF. I am officially back to where I was a couple of years ago, waiting, salivating for the next FF. How...nostalgic. :P
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »

...Just because some magazine gives a game a zomg perfect score ^_^b is no basis to get so hyped up over it.  Be anxious about getting it and playing it for your own reasons.  Not others'.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 11:56:45 AM »

Yeah, this is being posted on all the gaming boards and the fanboys are gettin excited.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 11:59:11 AM »

Ryos - You aren't the only one that couldn't get into the game.  I put a few hours into it but sold it back since I just couldn't stand it.  That game alone made me have an aversion to dungeon crawlers.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 12:29:47 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
...Just because some magazine gives a game a zomg perfect score ^_^b is no basis to get so hyped up over it.  Be anxious about getting it and playing it for your own reasons.  Not others'.

$50 isn't an amount of money you can casually throw around, and you can use those opinions of others as a basis for whether or not you want to get something, and this does look good.

Nevertheless, 1. Famitsu scores have been debatable; I surely doubt Nintendogs is worthy of a 40/40 afterall, and 2. More important than what they think is WHY they think that way, and being in japanese, we can't have that either unless someone translates it. So... Hey, there's that demo with DQVIII! =P
Vagrant
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 12:51:46 PM »

It's almost a given I will be buying this when it comes out, but I'm not anticipating it that much, especially after having played that crap demo.

I remember reading Famitsu's scores for Skies of Arcadia and not agreeing with them at all, and there are more instances like that where I thought 'fuck them'. It's not like they are gods or something. The 'perfect score' games on the other hand, deserved to get them, although like Eusis I doubt Nintendogs is worthy of it.
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 01:02:53 PM »

And Kingdom Hearts got a 39/40.  If Final Fantasy XII is truly better then Kingdom Hearts II, then, well, it should be a totally awsome game.

But, still...why a perfect score.  Sure, I only have played the demo version, but I am quite sure this game will have its share of let downs.  Especially the whole new battle system, but I won't get into that.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »

Okay I'm probably the only one on the boards that played Nintendogs, so I must say that it deserves a high rating.  Maybe it doesn't deserve a perrfect score, but it is one hell of a pet simulator.  I always got a kick when I said outloud "roll over" and it did.  It really does use the DS's capabilites very well.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »

I really don't think we do need two Final Fantasy XII threads, in particular because the issue has already been raised in the other thread.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: