Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 12:52:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335181 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Did I get the shittiest KOTOR 2 ending or does the ending just suck?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did I get the shittiest KOTOR 2 ending or does the ending just suck?  (Read 693 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 10, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »

Spoilers of course.

I finally got around to playing KOTOR 2 (with the restoration mod!) and while it had ups and downs, I can't help but feel like the ending kind of crapped out. I played as a male Sith and chose mostly evil options.

Ending results:

T3-M4: Nowhere to be found.
Atton: Simply chilling and waiting for me after I defeated the final boss.
Bao-Dur: Nowhere to be found
Handmaiden and Visas: They had a small confrontation cutscene, nowhere to be found.
Mandalore: Found in a jail cell and told to get the hell out of there.
HK-47 and Goto: They had that tiny cutscene when the little droid sets up the charges, then never seen again.
Hanharr: Nowhere to be found.
Ebon Hawk: Fell into a ditch.

But worst of all I didn't have any final option at the end. Just offed Kreia and headed out with Atton and that was it.

Did I not gain enough influence or something? Man, I feel like the ending should have been way better with all kinds of character drama and interesting things happening. Instead if was just a crash that leaves the main character solo with a couple tiny playable parts with that droid and Atton.

The final boss being three purple floating lightsabers was pretty dumb too.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 06:04:02 PM »

The game was rushed really badly for Christmas, so the ending was mostly not finished, Malachor V was apparently supposed to have a lot more stuff, there was a Droid Planet and so on. There is a patch called the Sith Lords Restoration Project that adds a lot of stuff back in, but yeah, the ending does really suck.

Oh, here's something even more infuriating. After the rushed release, Obsidian went to Lucasarts and asked if they could release a patch with all the missing content. Lucasarts said no.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:08:10 PM »

I guess getting the shittiest ending is technically true if you weren't playing with the Restoration mod and if that actually altered the ending enough. Otherwise... Yeah, most accounts are that it's just bad.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »

He said he played with the restoration mod, so I'm just going to go ahead and say that the ending for the game blows. I did like the final conversation with the hooded woman, I forgot her name though.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:35:19 PM »

Even with the restoration mod the ending still feels incomplete, probably because it is. There's only so much modders can do or else you risk venturing into "fanfiction" territory. Still, I thought the team did an admirable job considering the material they had available.

During her final speech Kreia does a little info dump about what's going to happen to the Exile's companions, except the droids and Bao-Dur. I think you can even decide if the Exile is going to look for Revan. I recommend you read this excellent Let's Play, specially the last chapter. It also could have something to do with you going Sith, I've read that a dark side playthrough isn't as fulfilling as its counterpart.

KOTOR 2 is a great game, but you need to keep in mind its flaws. If only LucasArts didn't rush Obsidian...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 11:48:16 PM by Draak » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: