Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335279 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FFXII Limited Ed. Strategy guide
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: FFXII Limited Ed. Strategy guide  (Read 2976 times)
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:58:46 PM »

Hello, I have my guide pre-ordered but have been unable to pick it up at gamestop for reasons which I am unsure of o.O. Just wondering if anyone has recieved thiers yet and if so what to expect inside.
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:28:08 PM »

I ordered my copy of the guide online but it has not yet shipped.  I expect it to ship with the game once it's released.

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 12:15:59 AM »

I have mine preordered at the local Gamestop, but I'm not counting on being able to pick it up until Halloween.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 01:07:50 AM »

I hope they don't make it so I have to pick it up before the game is released since I don't want to make a trip up to the mall just to buy a guide I pre-ordered.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Shadow Blade

shadowblade_x@hotmail.com shadowbladex8@ao
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 03:46:34 AM »

I work at EB, and we basically got it, we just aren't allowed to sell it :|

What?!
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 09:18:46 PM »

I work at EB as well, and we have it in as well.  And I've already bought mine.  It's sitting on my desk next to me.  Why would you not be allowed to sell the guide?

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:26:19 PM »

Shadow Blade: lern3read live email.

An e-mail went out today specifically telling us to sell the guide.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 08:18:01 AM »

I highly suggest that you refrain from looking at the guide unless you absolutely need to. The game itself is monstrously large, and quite challenging - but you will lose alot of the magic of the experience by "prepping" for the game. A guide is absolutely necessary for the epic weapons and some of the esper fights, but you shouldn't touch one unless you're at the end and decide to do the subquests (which you really can't do till you're level 50 or higher).

I can tell you the guides will not speed up the game time at all, only lessen your experience. The game pretty much holds your hand for the main quest but leaves you to massive exploration at any time. Its not uncommon to get lost in all the wonderlust - and having a roadmap completely diminishes the experience of openness that this FF has acheived.

There are ALOT of dungeon puzzles that the guides will help with, but after having played through the game without such assistance - I can say that it would have completely ruined my appreciation of the cleverness of some of the harder puzzles. That is, unless you're a complete idiot or hopelessly lazy...

I think we've waited far too long to spoil the experience by having it spoonfed to us with a guide.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 12:08:35 PM »

I agree with you.  From what I've read so far, the guide basically just sums up the storyline and tells you what to do next, but the game itself is already accomplishing both of those very well.  The only one thing the guide has done for me is to tell me -not- to open a treasure chest that is in the wide open, as it apparently ruins any chance of getting the best weapon at the end of the game.

Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 11:04:54 PM »

was able to pick mine up yesterday, just opened it to see which of the characters I got on the cover - got the vaan one.
Sartori

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 08:35:58 PM »

Hello

So are any of you guys going to try and collect all the different covers?
Sartori

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 09:59:59 PM »

Hello again

Do you know of any way to tell which cover is on the guide without unsealing the shrinkwrap? From the bar code maybe.....
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 10:51:04 PM »

Hello There.

No.

No.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 01:40:18 AM »

It's the same as the Kingdom Hearts 2 guide.  You can see the very bottom of the special covers, and if you're good enough at looking for small details you can see the difference in covers.  My managers really good at it.

Sartori

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 02:08:09 PM »

Hello

Well I found out to see if you have the Ashe cover anyway. If you push the guide up in the shrink wrap you see the very top part and if the upper left corner has a little pink strip up there its Ashe.

If theres a small tan strip in the middle then its Vaan.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: