Author Topic: Top Loader NES  (Read 2478 times)

Yoda

• Fear is the Mind Killer
  • Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light
    • View Profile
Top Loader NES
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
I have the original USA NES and I've done everything I can to get that thing working. I changed the connectors, cleaned it, prayed to Romulus and Remus, and sacrificed 200 moon-faced virgins to the Sun but the fucking thing won't work.

So does anyone have the 2nd model? The one that loads like a toaster? I see it only has an RF out. How shitty is that going to look?

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: Top Loader NES
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
I have the original USA NES and I've done everything I can to get that thing working. I changed the connectors, cleaned it, prayed to Romulus and Remus, and sacrificed 200 moon-faced virgins to the Sun but the fucking thing won't work.

So does anyone have the 2nd model? The one that loads like a toaster? I see it only has an RF out. How shitty is that going to look?
As good as composite a/v would look, it's not like Nintendo games were pushing graphical boundaries. The NES you have, does it still turn on, or not even that far?

TASTY!

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 03:59:39 PM »
It turns on and does the ole flash-on-flash-off routine.

natros

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »
It turns on and does the ole flash-on-flash-off routine.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:26:30 PM »
When I was a kid and that happened, I used go bounce the game up and down with the NES off for a couple seconds, but that's in line with the old "blow (spit) on the contacts" theory of NES quickfixes. To be honest, the NES was around when I was 4, so the only tech stuff I know regarding it was that the contacts on the games were easily interfered with from dirt and such, so contact cleaner (or rubbing alcohol and qtips) worked wonders to get games working again. Doubt it's something you haven't tried yet yodes, but if this is news to you, hope it helps.

TASTY!

Yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 05:43:19 PM »
I cleaned the fuck out of em