Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 12:31:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334400 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shin Megami Tensei IV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV  (Read 14171 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2013, 11:42:25 PM »

It's still a fantastic game, so far. Production isn't as high in cutscenes, but the dungeons look awesome and have fantastic atmosphere. You shouldn't be disappointed.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »

It's still a fantastic game, so far. Production isn't as high in cutscenes, but the dungeons look awesome and have fantastic atmosphere. You shouldn't be disappointed.

I don't doubt that, SMT always delivers there.  I'm more concerned about difficulty and time I gotta put in with school and work already consuming a lot of energy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 01:31:20 AM »

Classic Eusis... create a new topic after people have been discussing it forever on another page
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 01:49:39 AM »

I thought samurai sounded weird, but I figured it was just because they were pronouncing it right while otherwise speaking english(Where you expect people to say sammerai instead of sa mu rai). What are they doing wrong? Too much emphasis on the sa?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 02:14:49 AM »

OK, I don't have the game but all this talk about how they pronounce 'samurai' has be curious...how do they pronounce it?  Please not that the way most English speakers pronounce the word is wrong.  It should be like sah-mu-rai.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 05:58:02 AM »

I forgot to link my Club Nintendo account to my 3DS before I downloaded Shin Megami Tensei IV. Sadness. Know one I know bought the game so it's not like I can just get their code.

:-;

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 06:46:36 AM »

OK, I don't have the game but all this talk about how they pronounce 'samurai' has be curious...how do they pronounce it?  Please not that the way most English speakers pronounce the word is wrong.  It should be like sah-mu-rai.
They pronounce it "saw-mu-rai."

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 08:07:28 AM »

They pronounce it "saw-mu-rai."

Which really doesn't bother me, the fact that they are consistent with their pronunciation is more important to me than them pretending to be Japanese, I think.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »

I actually have no problem with the voices, but you'd think something so important would be pronounced properly.

It's like the ORIGAHMI KILLAH all over again.
Then again, I don't think the mainline SMT games have really good dialogue anyway.

How so?

Mainline SMT's are all about the story, atmosphere, and gameplay. The dialogue is kind of short in supply, especially in Nocturne.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »

Code:
David
is kicking my ass again and again.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:52:06 PM by Taelus » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 02:52:35 PM »

Spoiler-tagged your post. Game has literally not even been out for two days, let's not post the names of bosses in the open.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »

It's hardly a boss, it's just a quest. But w/e.

I beat him anyway.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »

Hey, you yelled spoilers at me for almost posting the cover of VLR on your Facebook :). Quest or not, it's still something.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »

Hey, you yelled spoilers at me for almost posting the cover of VLR on your Facebook :). Quest or not, it's still something.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

Shut up. ;-;

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »

Really liking it so far.  They've gotten rid of a lot of the BS I can't stand in the main SMT series (main character death, easier to understand demon fusion, ability to map skills to fusion monsters, health recovery at the barracks, etc.) and they've embraced the mobile platform in the best possible way.  Gotta love the ability to save everywhere, though it kinda defeats the purpose of the death mechanics if you can just save every ten feet.

Only have two real gripes so far:

The quest system is kinda messed up.  It won't let you leave areas if you've accepted a challenge quest even when if the quest doesn't pertain to that area.  Ended up thinking I was locked into an area and got really pissed off until I realized it was because I had a quest active.  Really not sure what's going on here.

I love that the enemies are visible on screen, but, man, I can't stand the camera.  Having them spawn behind you and trying to reorient yourself to attack is obnoxious, and I especially hate it when you get into a battle just as the screen comes in from black on a new area.  Huge pain in the ass to have two critical hits to start a battle and nearly dying on level three enemies with a level twelve party.  Still, there's less of that Hama Mudo crap going on, so I can't complain too much about that. 

Also, anybody else noticing that your party tends to miss more when you select autobattle?  That's gotten me killed twice so far, so I'm not even bothering with it again. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: