Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 02:50:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  The Power is Sony Pictures'!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Power is Sony Pictures'!  (Read 670 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2013, 08:43:52 AM »

The joke has become real: Sony Pictures is making a live-action Captain Planet movie. Go Planet?

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 10:16:23 AM »

I don't know if I should laugh or go cry in a corner somewhere as Sony rapes my childhood.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:09:51 AM »

Meanwhile, there's a live action Gatchaman movie being made, which for those of you not in the know, is better known in the west as either Battle of the Planets or G-Force (or Science Ninja Team Gatchaman).

Either way, I'd love to see how they'll try to convince movie goers how not completely useless the Power of Heart is.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:32:59 AM »

This sounds like a glorious train wreck of a movie which I will never bother seeing.

Now question is who will the villain be? There were only three effective villians in the series, the alien guy who corrupted the planeteers (or something....I don't remember anything beyond the gauntlets he gave them and that Ma-Ti was the only one who snubbed the guy), Captain Pollution, and Hitler. So of course the storyline should have one of those three. Captain Pollution seems like a better fit for movie two though.

Either way, I'd love to see how they'll try to convince movie goers how not completely useless the Power of Heart is.

Heart is the most broken power in the show. Had it been used effectively, then every episode would have ended within like 5 minutes of the start while the other four just sat around. It just is the least interesting visually.....wait or did it not work on people? If it didn't then yeah it is just kind of useless I guess.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »

This sounds like a glorious train wreck of a movie which I will never bother seeing.

Now question is who will the villain be? There were only three effective villians in the series, the alien guy who corrupted the planeteers (or something....I don't remember anything beyond the gauntlets he gave them and that Ma-Ti was the only one who snubbed the guy), Captain Pollution, and Hitler. So of course the storyline should have one of those three. Captain Pollution seems like a better fit for movie two though.

Heart is the most broken power in the show. Had it been used effectively, then every episode would have ended within like 5 minutes of the start while the other four just sat around. It just is the least interesting visually.....wait or did it not work on people? If it didn't then yeah it is just kind of useless I guess.

I would expect to see the episodic villains for the first movie rather than one of the major villains since they more or less had a villainous hierarchy. I personally want to see the female villain just to see how cheezy they make her computerize accomplice's appearance. Either way though, Captain Pollution won't show up til at least the second movie.

As for the Power of Heart, I think it was used on people on occasion but the effects would last like a minute at most. Either way, unless animals were involved the power was little more than a distraction at best.

The other amusing thing would be to see the carbon footprint the making of this movie leaves behind.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:08:53 AM »

Posted two years ago?

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: