Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:47:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332705 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Kickstarter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Kickstarter  (Read 3008 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 09:26:03 PM »

A VII remake would be simple enough to do. Obviously recreate the visuals so everything looks and feels current, which is easy (looooool) enough, but the hard parts would be recreating the battle system so it feels fresher. Something like an amped up variation of the system in XIII, but without the paradigm shifting, maybe materia sets that you'd premake beforehand. Limits stay the same, but look flashier and do more damage. Seriously, the basic game itself needs nothing done, just update the visuals and exploration, like a custom camera or the nostalgia view like metal gear solid 3. The original system isn't even crusty enough to not hold up in a current rpg today, but the addition of the materia set changes would be cool in my opinion.

TASTY!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »

Lmao, I keep checking the Kickstarter because I find this whole thing to be hilarious. Here are some quotes they posted in the comments section:

"- I'd love to tell you about all the cool things we're doing for props, but some of it we'd like to keep secret and some of it will depend on how much funding we get over the basic $400k. I CAN tell you that it will be really, really cool."

"- We are considering a DVD adaptation as one of our stretch goals, but the upfront cost of doing that would eat into our already very tight budget."

As a reminder they are averaging 3k in pledges a day (which I fully expect to drop off somewhere around day 15). So they are currently on track to hit 90ishk of their 400k.....these people are hopeless optimists about their project.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »

A VII remake would be simple enough to do. Obviously recreate the visuals so everything looks and feels current, which is easy (looooool) enough, but the hard parts would be recreating the battle system so it feels fresher. Something like an amped up variation of the system in XIII, but without the paradigm shifting, maybe materia sets that you'd premake beforehand. Limits stay the same, but look flashier and do more damage. Seriously, the basic game itself needs nothing done, just update the visuals and exploration, like a custom camera or the nostalgia view like metal gear solid 3. The original system isn't even crusty enough to not hold up in a current rpg today, but the addition of the materia set changes would be cool in my opinion.

Which is why I think the FFX/X-2 HD is testing the waters.  Perhaps if that sells well enough, the business heads will think "maybe HD remakes of other older FF games like 7-9 would sell nicely too."  Money talks. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »

Which is why I think the FFX/X-2 HD is testing the waters.  Perhaps if that sells well enough, the business heads will think "maybe HD remakes of other older FF games like 7-9 would sell nicely too."  Money talks. 
Oh don't get me started on the X/X-2 shit. This is taking waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to long for me to give even a partial fuck anymore. The length of time wasted to do this is just that, a waste. Easily could have taken the 2 guys doing this and put them to use elsewhere ( it has to be only 2, the remasters are taking longer than the original games).

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »

A VII remake would be simple enough to do.

I don't think so.

Like it was said before, a remake would require in some way to have connections with the Compilation of FFVII and that alone I can see it generating a ton of drama among fans.

And being realistic I don't think a remake of VII would please longtime fans, that's mainly because there's no way to please them at this point. Not to mention that this same group of fans are for ever bothered with whatever SQEX does or doesn't do.

Until that day comes though, stay salty I guess.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »

A VII remake would be simple enough to do.

I don't think so.

Like it was said before, a remake would require in some way to have connections with the Compilation of FFVII and that alone I can see it generating a ton of drama among fans.

And being realistic I don't think a remake of VII would please longtime fans, that's mainly because there's no way to please them at this point. Not to mention that this same group of fans are for ever bothered with whatever SQEX does or doesn't do.

Until that day comes though, stay salty I guess.

Totally. This whole remake FF7 movement has taken on it's own weird momentum. The amount of effort it'd take... just give us a good new game.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 01:26:19 AM »

Part of the reason I'm all for just making HD versions of things -- remakes are overrated and there's high chance of ruining the nostalgia and integrity of the original.  I don't want an FF7 remake and the amount of effort it would take would be absolutely crazy (both graphically -- creating HD models and a whole goddamn world -- but also even just with sheer dialogue changes), I'd rather new games and good support for ports on [running] systems and high-def tune-ups at most.

Still, I'd love to see FF6 and FF9 get some love (HD models, but definitely no talking Zidane). But...ah well.

One of my favorite games, Star Ocean 2, had me thinking about a REMAKE....but then I thought how I'd rather something completely different.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 01:26:40 AM »

Final Fantasy VII Web Series threatened with legal action -- Source: All Games Beta

Yuna: Oh Poopie.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »

Allow me to be the first to say, "well, duh".

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 02:06:36 AM »

And thus the Internet was spared at least one uninspired project based upon reinterpreting already existing properties for self gain or over zealous fandom.

Now about the hojillion other derogatory uninspired projects that got through uninhibited.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 02:10:49 AM »

And thus the Internet was spared at least one uninspired project based upon reinterpreting already existing properties for self gain or over zealous fandom.

Now about the hojillion other derogatory uninspired projects that got through uninhibited.
At least those ones didn't beg publicly for handouts.

At least I can laugh about the moron who invested time in this instead of making something fucking original.

TASTY!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 06:57:43 AM »

Huh don't know why they bothered. The thing was tracking, so it isn't like it was going to get funded. Last I looked it seemed to be tracking for 80k of a 400k goal. I do find the post from the team to be hilarious though. They actually think they have a chance of getting a license. Hilarious.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »

"We're in the process of opening up discussions with the team regarding the ongoing status of our project and hopefully the continuation of our Kickstarter campaign."

Idiot uses discussions...

It's not very effective...
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 12:37:26 AM »

Ahaha, them quoting President Shinra on the page.

Priceless.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 03:54:37 PM »

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/09/metroid-fan-film-launches-on-kickstarter

Heeeere we go again!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: