Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:48:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341214 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The favorite sidequests thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The favorite sidequests thread  (Read 4375 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »

But my favorite sidequests are always those that yield playable characters as pays offs (yuffie and vincent/ff7 type stuff). Hence why the Suikoden franchise proved a wet dream for me.

Oooo, I feel the same Klyde. Also I wanna give the Star Ocean props for having recruitment sidequests, especially 2. I'm looking at you Opera/Ernest/Ashton/Chisato!

PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 11:51:56 PM »

Oooo, I feel the same Klyde. Also I wanna give the Star Ocean props for having recruitment sidequests, especially 2. I'm looking at you Opera/Ernest/Ashton/Chisato!

The lack of inclusion of Precis in this post disturbs me greatly.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »

Eh.
Precis' contribution to the game: Some decent PAs.

Ernest's contribution to the game: His super steals for super suits.

The biggest decision is whether to take on Opera or Ashton (these days, I'm thinking more the former).  Chisato outranks Noel no question.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 11:55:13 PM »

Oh, I didn't forget Precis, I was just thinking about the peeps that required a little bit of legwork to obtain. I could be wrong; I honestly forget how you recruit Precis.

Eh.
Precis' contribution to the game: Some decent PAs.

Ernest's contribution to the game: His super steals for super suits.

The biggest decision is whether to take on Opera or Ashton (these days, I'm thinking more the former).  Chisato outranks Noel no question.

Don't forget her "awesome" VA! There's mister enemy~~~~
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:58:32 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »

Oh, I didn't forget Precis, I was just thinking about the peeps that required a little bit of legwork to obtain. I could be wrong; I honestly forget how you recruit Precis.

PA in Linga.

The town you waste more time than any game ever should to get some documents translated that don't ever get brought up again unless you recruited Bowman and get his "alone" ending.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 12:00:56 AM »

AHHH Linga...worst 2 party members, worst part of the story, worst everything. Only benefit is getting the final skills there and running the MOTHER FUCK away as soon as possible.

TASTY!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 12:01:39 AM »

PA in Linga.

The town you waste more time than any game ever should to get some documents translated that don't ever get brought up again unless you recruited Bowman and get his "alone" ending.

Is it terrible that I was disappointed when I got an ending with him and Rena and he didn't end up leaving his wife for her?

Edit: Also, I'm gonna give SO2 props for the private actions/endings. Pairing up your peeps could be considered a sidequest, at least an artificially arbitrated one.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:03:12 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 12:02:18 AM »

All this Precis hate up in here. Still my fav character. Haters gon' hate.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 12:04:05 AM »

PA in Linga.

Is it terrible that I was disappointed when I got an ending with him and Rena and he didn't end up leaving his wife for her?

Edit: Also, I'm gonna give SO2 props for the endings. Getting them all could be considered a sidequest, at least an artificially arbitrated one.

If the game was made in any part of North America, that TOTES would have happened.

All this Precis hate up in here. Still my fav character. Haters gon' hate.

I think it's because I still hear her awful, awful PSX voice in my head.  I didn't like playing her or hating her, but I liked her for the sake of PAs.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 12:06:02 AM »

I think it's because I still hear her awful, awful PSX voice in my head.  I didn't like playing her or hating her, but I liked her for the sake of PAs.

PARABOLA BEAM!... Nothing to dislike about that. XD
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 12:31:45 AM »

Precis was my favorite character when I first played the game. I honestly don't know why, but I was like 11 and thought she was super cool. I'm still fond of her as a result, although I'd have to say Chisato or Opera are my current favs.
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:03 AM »

PARABOLA BEAM!... Nothing to dislike about that. XD

LUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKY. Yeah, I paired her and Claude. Team ended up being Precis, Claude, Rena, and Ashton (Welch if on PSP version).

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2013, 12:47:33 AM »

PA in Linga.

Plus the dungeon has a random chance of crashing the game on you. At least getting the documents happened on the way, even if everything associated with that endeavor was just as useless. Really, almost everything that happens on Expel is pretty goddamn useless anyways. Of course, Tri-Ace went and showed just how much they learned from that useless time-wasting by doing the exact same thing again in SO3.

Also, loving finally. Some Opera fans. About fucking time really.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2013, 12:59:02 AM »

Opera was my favorite chick design wise. Something about that fancy dress and heels, then being a bounty hunter...damn hot yo.

TASTY!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 01:00:11 AM »

I love Opera... but I love Ashton even more =/

What about the sidequest of curing the little girl for Ashton? That's a pretty endearing side quest which also gives him a unique ending.
I always get him that ending.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: