Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 07:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331351 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Song of the Moment
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Song of the Moment  (Read 33447 times)
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: December 18, 2006, 04:54:06 AM »

Dincrest, your posts in this thread are quality. High five!

NP: Sol Invictus - Kneel to the Cross
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2006, 07:13:57 AM »

The Beatles - A Day in the Life

<3 this song so very much.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2006, 12:35:05 PM »

Quote from: "Valthrudnir"
Dincrest, your posts in this thread are quality. High five!

NP: Sol Invictus - Kneel to the Cross

Thanks pal.  It's always nice to know that others appreciate my enthusiasm for music and even give a chance to the stuff I find myself enjoying.  

No new song of the moment yet.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2006, 03:10:36 PM »

Burzum "War"
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2006, 03:22:19 PM »

Adversary - Hedonist

They're a kickass local melo-death metal band that I haven't gotten to see yet live.
Nemmet

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2006, 11:00:06 PM »

Marillion - Angelina
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2006, 02:03:49 AM »

Solefald - Sun I Call.

Off of their new album which I deem the best release I've heard in ages. With the elaborate harmonies of Lars on top of Cornelius more raspy spoken word and a female session vocalist, this is, to sum it up, the shit.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2006, 09:49:03 AM »

Solefald - Sun I Call.

Off of their new album which I deem the best release I've heard in ages. With the elaborate harmonies of Lars on top of Cornelius more raspy spoken word and a female session vocalist, this is, to sum it up, the shit.

I haven't heard "Black For Death" yet, but "Red For Fire" was damn good. Not as good as "The Linear Scaffold", but almost. Have you heard Bjorn's other band Asmegin? Excellent Folk/Viking Metal.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2006, 11:16:02 AM »

Tony Iommi and Glenn Hughes - Gone

Man, I love Glenn's singing, and he ain't exactly a bad bassist either.

Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2006, 12:11:25 PM »

Quote from: "Britton"
Have you heard Bjorn's other band Asmegin? Excellent Folk/Viking Metal.

I don't know who Bjorn is, but I've heard Įsmegin. Lars Nedland did session work for all the clean vocals on the "Hin Vordende Sod & Sų" album. Speaking of which, that's my new song.

NP: Įsmegin - Til Rondefolkets Herskab
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2006, 09:51:20 PM »

Have you heard Bjorn's other band Asmegin? Excellent Folk/Viking Metal.

I don't know who Bjorn is, but I've heard Įsmegin. Lars Nedland did session work for all the clean vocals on the "Hin Vordende Sod & Sų" album. Speaking of which, that's my new song.

NP: Įsmegin - Til Rondefolkets Herskab

Yeah, I always mix those dudes up. Have you heard Asmegin's first E.P.? Red Stream found me a copy a few years back. It's rather horrible, you wouldn't think it was the same band. They sounded like a second rate Mithotyn back then ('99). They are working on a new studio album that is two discs long, I can't wait!

NP: Darkwoods My Betrothed "Autumn Roars Thunder"
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »

Neil Young - Ambulance Blues

Unrelated, but you Scandinavian death metal dorks should learn Swedish. So I'm not totally alone in my endeavor, thar.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2006, 12:31:46 AM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
Neil Young - Ambulance Blues

Unrelated, but you Scandinavian death metal dorks should learn Swedish. So I'm not totally alone in my endeavor, thar.

Death Metal? Sheesh, Death Metal hasn't been good (aside froma  few bands) since '91 or so. And the good Scandinavian DM bands like Entombed and Dismember had English vocals anywway. :) But yeah, tons of the folk metal I listen to is in Finnish, German, Russian, and on and on. No way I could learn all those languages. Taking into consideration the lyrical topics of folk metal, not knowing what they;re singing about gives it an aire of mystery that I like.
Valthrudnir

egokrvsher
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2006, 01:47:32 AM »

Have you heard Asmegin's first E.P.? Red Stream found me a copy a few years back. It's rather horrible, you wouldn't think it was the same band. They sounded like a second rate Mithotyn back then ('99). They are working on a new studio album that is two discs long, I can't wait!

Yeah, "Naar Rimkalkene Heves". It's atrocious. The production is shit, the song writing is shit, the vocals are shit. It's all shit. I wasn't aware of a new album, let alone a double CD release. Something to look forward to! I've been rocking out Lumsk quite a bit these days. They're about to release a third album. Great, albeit slightly unknown, folk metal.

As for learning Swedish or any Scandinavian language, I'll have to pass. It's too much effort for something I'll rarely use and eventually forget. Even though I know a few select phrases and words my friends from Imperial Leather taught me, I probably won't go much further. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to learn but I need a teacher for that sort of thing.

As for learning a Scandinavian language to understand the lyrics, it would be greatly marginalized by the sole fact that many lyrics are written in older versions of the languages that aren't in common use today. This is found mainly in folk, viking, and black metal. All of which advocate an archaic sort of existence. Makes sense I suppose. That and the fact that I don't want to know how cheesy the lyrics actually are. Vintersorg - Winter Sorrow, Skogtroll - Forest Troll. Weak.

NP: Hank Williams III - 5 Shots of Whiskey
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »

Have you heard Asmegin's first E.P.? Red Stream found me a copy a few years back. It's rather horrible, you wouldn't think it was the same band. They sounded like a second rate Mithotyn back then ('99). They are working on a new studio album that is two discs long, I can't wait!

Yeah, "Naar Rimkalkene Heves". It's atrocious. The production is shit, the song writing is shit, the vocals are shit. It's all shit. I wasn't aware of a new album, let alone a double CD release. Something to look forward to! I've been rocking out Lumsk quite a bit these days. They're about to release a third album. Great, albeit slightly unknown, folk metal.

As for learning Swedish or any Scandinavian language, I'll have to pass. It's too much effort for something I'll rarely use and eventually forget. Even though I know a few select phrases and words my friends from Imperial Leather taught me, I probably won't go much further. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to learn but I need a teacher for that sort of thing.

As for learning a Scandinavian language to understand the lyrics, it would be greatly marginalized by the sole fact that many lyrics are written in older versions of the languages that aren't in common use today. This is found mainly in folk, viking, and black metal. All of which advocate an archaic sort of existence. Makes sense I suppose. That and the fact that I don't want to know how cheesy the lyrics actually are. Vintersorg - Winter Sorrow, Skogtroll - Forest Troll. Weak.

NP: Hank Williams III - 5 Shots of Whiskey

Yeah, Lumsk is great. I have "Troll" and "Asmund Fraegdegjevar". A few months ago on their site... helll, it must have been a year or so ago now, I see they released an E.P. or single to show their distaste for retail stores cashing in on Christmas too early in the year. Hahahaha...

It's cool someone here likes Folk Metal. Some of my fave bands are Skyclad, Butterfly Temple, Korpiklaani, Arkona (Russia), Kroda, Runic, Mago de Oz, Cruachan, Waylander, Hantaoma, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Falchion, Hagalaz' Runedance (Dark folk music), Skyforger, Suidakra, Manegarm... man, i could go on and on. 80's Thrash is my all time fave genre of music, but Folk/Viking/Pagan Metal is my fave current genre.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: