Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Shin Megami Tensei IV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV  (Read 14478 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2013, 05:45:08 PM »

It isn't technically a story quest but you DO need to do it in order to go forward,
Code:
you need to beat Dallahan in order to get the talisman to enter Ikebukkuro

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
ferretwraith

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2013, 08:16:09 PM »

Just started this up last night and put an hour or so in.

Does the camera drive anyone else nuts? I feel like I am constantly needing to swing the camera around so I don't get blind sided by the enemy.

Well step one is to switch to the camera that is slightly higher and zoomed out from what I think is the default one where 15% of the screen is occupied by the character's back.

I center the camera behind my character *constantly* while running around in SMT games.  I'm not sure if I intentionally spun the camera with the triggers or ran any direction other than up for forward while I played.  Camera parallel to upcoming hallway > turn corner > camera immediately snaps to new facing direction parallel to hallway.  Repeat endlessly for this game and the rest in the series.  I find it so responsive that I can't help but roll my eyes when I play other games that want me to fumble with an analog stick, slowly spinning the view to the direction I want to be looking in.

This did little to help with my whiffing attacks like a moron at the start of the game and getting blindsided anyway.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »

Official Art Book:

真・女神転生IV 公式設定画集 ebtenDXパック -- eb!STORE

Release date: August 9 [JP]
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2013, 02:03:42 PM »

Official Art Book:

真・女神転生IV 公式設定画集 ebtenDXパック -- eb!STORE

Release date: August 9 [JP]
And suddenly, many girls found this erotic.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »

And? There's nothing wrong with that.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »

Oh my. I wasnt expecting this much skin.
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2013, 03:10:00 PM »

And? There's nothing wrong with that.
...How did my comment come across as negative?

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2013, 04:09:30 PM »

...How did my comment come across as negative?

Happens to me sometimes too.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »

Managed to get Neutral on my play-through. I'm actually kinda amazed I pulled it off. I figured I'd do it on my second or third play-through religiously hugging a FAQ to my bosom.

I've clocked over 50 hours so far. All the experience for delicious, delicious fusions!

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »

So my game arrived today but I'll only be able to play it in a few hours from now. Should I consider the DLC or anybody who owns it thinks the game is better experienced without it?

Also, I'd like to make another question. I've heard the Dex build is quite good, better than Str anyway, but my conscience is telling me to go Magic. Should I focus on another stat besides magic, like Vitality or Luck ?

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: August 06, 2013, 06:55:40 PM »

So my game arrived today but I'll only be able to play it in a few hours from now. Should I consider the DLC or anybody who owns it thinks the game is better experienced without it?

Also, I'd like to make another question. I've heard the Dex build is quite good, better than Str anyway, but my conscience is telling me to go Magic. Should I focus on another stat besides magic, like Vitality or Luck ?

Only buy the DLC if you're one of those "people who have jobs and can't bother level grinding to course quickly through the story." However, that's just for easy level grinding and experience. There's DLC that has bonus bosses and outfits. By the way, DOWNLOAD THOSE FREE ONES NOW.

In my experience, Magic is kind of dominant most of the time. Also, Vitality? No such thing exists in this game.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: August 06, 2013, 10:26:55 PM »

I'm about 22 hours into the game now and just like Devil Survivor, it seems like the Zan series of skills have proved to be invaluable to me. A huge majority of enemies are weak to this skill.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2013, 10:49:50 PM »

I noticed that too, actually.  I kept the AOE Zan skill on my main character for the entire game before replacing it with a single-target at 80ish and didn't really have any problem.  I found Zio gets useful near the end, as well.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »

How long does it typically take before a game gets an official soundtrack release?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: