Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:45:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334533 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Breath of Fire 6 announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: Breath of Fire 6 announced  (Read 6170 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2013, 12:10:42 AM »

Good to hear, this was one of the pioneer RPG series'.  To see it get social game treatment after being dead for so long is sort of sad.

Like it's been said, I'm surprised how few dev's are turning to the 3DS for RPGs -- sure worked for Brave Default, and it's not as asset and resource-heavy as a new RPG on an actual HD system. 

...dang.

Oh, just for good measure: BoF V is the shit.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2013, 12:11:34 AM »

Yeah, some of the Japanese blog posts are creepily reminiscent of ours.

I saw at least 2-3 saying things like "don't call it '6'" and some people expressing frustration with Capcom.

Gamers are gamers.  Let's all bitch together!

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2013, 12:12:36 AM »

But still, damage is already done and everyone is going to have to deal with it. I did with DmC, and that whole deal was fairly ugly too.

Ugh... okay. I'm going to say this one last time. DmC is not that same as MML, or this. MML got cancelled. Nobody got a chance to play it. This game is a mobile social game, as far away from a single player story-focused turn based RPG as one can get. DmC was still a fucking action game that still featured Dante and Vergil that people were able to play.

If you don't want to give it a chance, fine. Stop fucking bitching about it and comparing it to things that it can't possibly compare to.
Man, I hope you can prescribe an ointment for that massive BURN!

Seriously though, MML3 isn't even the worst thing they've done. Lets face facts, the Megaman fanbase consists of 30-40year old men who can't get over how groundbreaking Mega Man 2 was, or a bunch of 14 year olds who play the terrible handheld strategy action shits.

Hey man, I'm not even 30 yet. >:(

Also the Battle Network series wasn't all that bad for a party-less JRPG (well, at least until 4, but that was Crapcom once again spamming the shit out of series they should've handled with care and bullshitting the MM franchise yet again).

Yeah, some of the Japanese blog posts are creepily reminiscent of ours.

I saw at least 2-3 saying things like "don't call it '6'" and some people expressing frustration with Capcom.

Yeah. Seriously, if they had just called it BoF Mobile they wouldn't have half the shit storm they're having now.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2013, 12:19:44 AM »

I bet if there is a new Wild ARMs or Suikoden, we'll see them on mobile phones.  I don't like this transition.  Playing games with "invisible" buttons are confusing to me because my fingers are long and I would be touching a part of the screen and not move my character.  I know you have the option for blue tooth controllers but that doesn't justify any of this.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2013, 12:23:25 AM »

I can almost taste the salt in this thread.

I was expecting a handheld game. I would've been fine that.

You think? With the amount of complaints there is about... anything I would be surprised seeing a reaction online that wasn't negative.

I think after the amount of rpgs on handhelds over the last six or seven years,most people were expecting a handheld game. That's where a lot of rpgs have moved and people have
 accepted it. This? No one wanted or expected this

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2013, 12:30:08 AM »

@Ashton: I was not bitching about anything.

I give DmC a chance. Is only DMC in name and as an action game is above-average, hardly the best moment of the series all things considered. And while a lot of people was busy talking about Dante's hair for some reason that I never understood I was more bothered by how Capcom and Ninja Theory handled the whole situation with DmC and not so much with the game itself that is alright at best.

But hey, if you want to tell me how I should feel about one the series I grew up with then do it if that make you feel any better. Either way I don't care because I move on from that a long time ago.

I'm not sure why you're taking such a high stance on this; as if people shouldn't be upset and we should bend over and take it. For this to happen, even if you think we should have expected it, is unforgivable from a fan's point of view. It's been 10 years since a game in the series and this is how Capcom decides to bring the series back? Give me a break.

Sure, we are going to have to deal with it, but that doesn't mean we can't piss and moan about it in the process.

You can be as annoyed as you want by this, you don't need my permission.

You do realize handheld RPGs generally garner favorable reviews, right? And no offense, but DMC was very well received, only fanboys gave it shit.

1st Question: Yeah I'm not the audience for handheld RPGs specifically, but I know.

2nd Question: Sure... I'm a fanboy now, why not. That's cute.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:11:59 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2013, 02:03:01 AM »

@Ygg
Didn't call you a fanboy. I said, as you quoted, only fanboys gave it shit. You bashed the game for more than its lack of badass Dante, so some credit is given for your dislike at least.

TASTY!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2013, 02:40:57 AM »

I feel like I'm the only one that likes the sprites, they make me think of Disgaea 4.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2013, 02:50:43 AM »

I don't mind the sprites. Hell, at this point I would take stick figures with blue hair and wings.

Just the fact they've made it some sort of online social game is counter to what the BoF series had been about. I'll hold out some cautious optimism, but I have serious doubts they can ever equal the excellent storytelling from III, IV, or even DQ.

Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:45 AM »

I own III and IV.  I do own the Dragon Quarter soundtrack because it's so epic and I own every soundtrack that Sakimoto has composed.

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2013, 02:53:00 AM »

you know crapcom could pull the ultimate troll and buy Atlus ......I'll go jump in  the fire for even suggesting that.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2013, 03:11:24 AM »

I own III and IV.  I do own the Dragon Quarter soundtrack because it's so epic and I own every soundtrack that Sakimoto has composed.

Honestly, the DQ Soundtrack is my favorite of Sakimoto's compositions.  It's just amazing all around. It definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2013, 05:09:29 AM »

What's even more awesome is that Yasunori Mitsuda was the director of the album.  I've never played one second of Dragon Quarter, but each song is just so memorable and I can almost place where the song would probably go in the game.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2013, 12:45:32 PM »

The BoFV soundtrack is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. It's definitely incredible and is overlooked because of how much of an oddball BoFV was in the series. Personally, I thought it was a fantastic game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »

you know crapcom could pull the ultimate troll and buy Atlus ......I'll go jump in  the fire for even suggesting that.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: