Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332958 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Which game brings you back?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Which game brings you back?  (Read 1665 times)
Daedalus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:26:42 AM »

Name one rpg that you have played through repeatedly or always brings you back every few years.  For me it's hands down Fallout 2.  It's like every couple years I get the itch to go into the Wasteland.  I loved Fallout 3 etc. but it didn't draw me back like Fallout 2 did.

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?"
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 09:45:48 AM »

Chrono Trigger or for a less boring answer Shining Force 2.
Daedalus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »

I'd like to say Secret of Mana but that game isn't fun to play solo and I don't regularly play games in the same room with friends like I did growing up.

"This is your fault. I'm going to kill you. And all the cake is gone. You don't even care, do you?"
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »

Star Ocean 2 because I love the battle system and the characters.

Mass Effect because of EVERYTHING.
PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:17:23 AM »

Ragnarok Online because that stupid MMO never let go of my soul. If MMOs don't count then.. probably Chrono Trigger and Saga Frontier.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »

Growlanser II, Wild Arms II, and Star Ocean II.

Seems to be a trend of II's here.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 12:51:15 PM »

Final Fantasy 7 brings me back. I was too stupid as a kid to get much further than Midgar so that entire section was practically the whole game to me. Blew my little retard brain.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 01:14:37 PM »

I have fond memories of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, one of those games I "grew up" with, I suppose.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 02:35:33 PM »

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, FF6, Lufia, and breath of fire 2 in the realm of rpgs. I'll probably continue to re-play these aforementioned titles until I die-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »

I've played and replayed Xenosaga episode 3 so many times, it is definitely my RPG comfort food. I'll take it with sides of Final Fantasy 1 and Tactics. Finally, I wash it down with Dragonball Z: Legend of the Super Saiyan - which may be the worst RPG I've ever finished.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy Tactics, Donkey Kong Country 2, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Mega Man X.  I could play those games forever and ever.  I might be able to say the same about Persona 4 - I played it for the first time in January, almost immediately replayed it in February into March, and I kinda want to play it again.  Holding out until I buy a Vita, though. 

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 04:53:36 PM »

Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy Tactics, Donkey Kong Country 2, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Mega Man X.  I could play those games forever and ever.  I might be able to say the same about Persona 4 - I played it for the first time in January, almost immediately replayed it in February into March, and I kinda want to play it again.  Holding out until I buy a Vita, though. 

I was only touching Rpg's with my earlier answer... DKC 1-3 and Mega Man X 1-3 also hold some of the finest nostalgic value of all for me as well! Fine tastes you've got good sir :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 05:19:28 PM »

I think the answers I would've given have been covered by everyone in this thread.

Still, might as well throw in the various Zelda games (I've gone back to all of them at least once except for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks), Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy V, VI, Tactics, I should get back to Dragon Quest V, a bunch of the Fire Emblem games that came out in the states (only Radiant Dawn I haven't gotten back to yet due to not having finished it in the first place, that may be my next game once I finish the current glut), Chrono Trigger and Cross, depending on if I want to continue fucking around with my PSX Suikoden II, probably should go back to Radiant Historia as well, and many more I'll probably think of later on.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »

I was only touching Rpg's with my earlier answer... DKC 1-3 and Mega Man X 1-3 also hold some of the finest nostalgic value of all for me as well! Fine tastes you've got good sir :)
Aw, thanks!  I went with X1 and DKC2 because, well, X1 was my first SNES game (I could only afford one, so I went with Mega Man and had my MIND.BLOWN.) and because of DKC2's tone.  DKC2 has better stages and music than DKC1, and has an overarching darkness about it that makes you feel surprising dread, especially considering that it's a platformer.  I really enjoy X2, X3, DKC1, and DKC3, but it's the first MMX and second DKC that I will always want to replay.  TLDR DK is better than Mario. 

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »

Every few months I find myself starting up Morrowind and playing it for six or seven hours before leaving it again for a few more months.

For Final Fantasy, I thought it would be FFVI but looking back on the amount of replays, it is actually FFVIII. Surprising but I do find myself replaying Disc 1 every year or so. I actually really like Disc 1. Things stay semi-normal, Tetra Master is still there and the plot has not totally gone its own way yet.

Neither can match the amount of times I have replayed Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, though.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: