Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 09:29:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331354 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Halloweeny Stuff
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Halloweeny Stuff  (Read 1904 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 08:21:38 AM »

From what I can tell of the box-art The Future Diary anime (apparently aka, Mirai Nikki) might fit onto that list as well. But it looks to be interesting enough that I've looked up literally zero spoilers regarding it. I have that, Another, and Shiki as the Halloween shows of choice this year (the last two I see you already added).
Future Diary is weird. Certain points of it will certainly make it work well as a Halloween anime. Other points are fairly straight shonen. I really don't know what to say about the series.....well I do know one thing to say. The female lead is freaking messed up, but you can probably get that from the box art.....and if you can't, it is pretty damn obvious after only the first chapter (which I assume translates to the first episode), so I feel no guilt about sharing that. :p
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 04:18:45 AM »

For anime there are

100 Stories aka Requiem for the Darkness (It's only 13 episodes and I really liked it)
Devil Man
Demon City Shinjuku
Vampire Hunter D (two movies)
Wicked City

For movies, I always like more monstery stuff

Dagon
Event Horizon
Re-Animator
The Fly
The Fog
The Mist
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

If you've never seen it, you could check out the old Masters of Horror series that was done with different famous horror directors. As I recall, some episodes were very good.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »

not "Halloweeny" but definately horror, I love John Carpenters The Thing

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 04:40:39 PM »

This thread has proved really informative to me. I have Future Diary and Ghost Stories on deck now. I actually already had both and for some reason was going to begrudgingly watch "Is this a Zombie?" even though I really wasn't too enticed by it... completely forgot about Future Diary and Ghost Stories...

But the real reason I'm posting is the simpsons. Very entertaining. I have not watched any regular eps yet but I am totally enjoying the Treehouse of Horror Specials.

not "Halloweeny" but definately horror, I love John Carpenters The Thing

Your like the 19th individual to bring that movie up to me this week.... i think that is a sign....

For anime there are

100 Stories aka Requiem for the Darkness (It's only 13 episodes and I really liked it)
Devil Man
Demon City Shinjuku
Vampire Hunter D (two movies)
Wicked City

For movies, I always like more monstery stuff

Dagon
Event Horizon
Re-Animator
The Fly
The Fog
The Mist
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

If you've never seen it, you could check out the old Masters of Horror series that was done with different famous horror directors. As I recall, some episodes were very good.

Never saw Demon City, Dagon or Re-Animator. Thanks for the tips. While I think my viewing budget for the season is well spent at this point, those suggestions are totally going in my back pocket for the future!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »

Night of the Demons. The original.

It's an awful, awful movie, but its set during Halloween and its pretty fun despite its awfulness.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 08:53:03 AM »

A quirky cult classic

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 02:48:33 AM »

Never saw Demon City, Dagon or Re-Animator. Thanks for the tips. While I think my viewing budget for the season is well spent at this point, those suggestions are totally going in my back pocket for the future!!

Glad to be of service. Re-Animator is a particularly fun movie, made in a time when you could get away with more.

Blu Ray

http://www.amazon.com/Re-Animator-Blu-ray-Jeffrey-Combs/dp/B008CYDDWI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381474076&sr=8-2&keywords=re-animator

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: