Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 04:06:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  The favorite Disney TV cartoons thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The favorite Disney TV cartoons thread  (Read 3602 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:07:51 AM »

With DuckTales Remastered coming out soon, I started to reminisce about the Disney cartoon shows I used to watch as a kid.  

What are/were your favorite Disney television cartoons?

I LOVED DuckTales. Rescue Rangers was cool too, but I liked DuckTales more. I didn't get into TaleSpin or Darkwing Duck as much, but DD's catch phrases were awesome. "I am the terror that flaps in the night." And I still say "let's get dangerous" in my vernacular.

Gummi Bears rocked and I'm a HUGE Winnie the Pooh fan and loved New Adventures. 

Among the new-school (2000 and beyond) Disney cartoons I enjoyed Kim Possible and Dave The Barbarian.

But nothing can ever top Gargoyles. Not only was it Disney's best televised cartoons, but it's one of the best televised cartoons of all time. To this day, it still broke new ground. How many other cartoons can you think of that have a multi-ethnic female protagonist? (Elisa Maza in Gargoyles was half black, half native American.) I still want the rest of season 2 on DVD or Blu-Ray, dammit!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:12:02 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »

Ducktales was great. Darkwing Duck was great. I don't remember much of Gargoyles besides I loved it.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »

Gargoyles was made by Disney?

Put my vote for that (except the last season...)

I always liked the duality in Demona and Xanatos as they're not really villains, nor are they really good guys.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 01:39:13 PM »

I like all of what Dincrest has been mentioned. I also loved watching Hercules: The Animated series and Aladdin, cliche though they were. My favourite recent disney show would have to be The Emperors New Groove though. Really like the humour in it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:45:54 PM by Darilon » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »

Gargoyles was made by Disney?

Put my vote for that (except the last season...)

I always liked the duality in Demona and Xanatos as they're not really villains, nor are they really good guys.

You referring to the multinational globetrotting fest where Goliath, his daughter, the Gargoyle Dog, and Elise are all stuck on a boat ending up literally god knows where every episode for an entire season? Because there were some fun episodes in there but by god did it go total "It's a Small World After All.". Thank god that a goodly chunk of those episodes swung around and tied back into what was going on with the core group, even if it involved checking up on old foes (actually most of the recurring foes on this show had some kind of duality going on with them), getting rid of some of those pesky magical artifacts left lying around, or the Manhattan crew getting visited by some of the more incidental characters like Griff and Arthur.

Also between Dincrest and Darilon pretty much all of my Disney cartoon viewing experiences have been covered except for Goof Troop and Quack Attack. Both of which are unfortunately a product of its time (even if Goof Troop led to that SuperNES game and A Goofy Movie getting made).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »

Also between Dincrest and Darilon pretty much all of my Disney cartoon viewing experiences have been covered except for Goof Troop and Quack Attack. Both of which are unfortunately a product of its time (even if Goof Troop led to that SuperNES game and A Goofy Movie getting made).
Do you mean Quack Pack?  Because that show was great!  DuckTales was my favorite Disney cartoon (watched it in a block with Darkwing Duck, TailSpin, and I think Gummi Bears?) but Goof Troop and Quack Pack were worthy late successors.  I still preferred the WB cartoons (Animaniacs, Batman TAS, Superman TAS), but Disney Afternoon had some quality in it. 

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »

You referring to the multinational globetrotting fest where Goliath, his daughter, the Gargoyle Dog, and Elise are all stuck on a boat ending up literally god knows where every episode for an entire season?

Nope, the one after. It was bad enough that the show got canned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gargoyles_episodes#Season_3:_The_Goliath_Chronicles_.281996.E2.80.931997.29
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »

Darkwing Duck. Best intro in a cartoon short of 1996 Iron Man.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 07:20:24 PM »

Do you mean Quack Pack?  Because that show was great!  DuckTales was my favorite Disney cartoon (watched it in a block with Darkwing Duck, TailSpin, and I think Gummi Bears?) but Goof Troop and Quack Pack were worthy late successors.  I still preferred the WB cartoons (Animaniacs, Batman TAS, Superman TAS), but Disney Afternoon had some quality in it. 

Yes, that.

Also throwing Timone and Pumba a bone.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 12:59:55 AM »

I was really into duck tales, tale spin, gummi bears, and rescue rangers.  I own the duck tale game and the rescue ranger game.  Here is an odd confession to make: when I was a kid, I was convinced I was going to marry Chip.  I think it was the hat, aviator jacket, or the fact he was so responsible.   

I also liked Pepper Ann and loved Fillmore .

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 01:22:58 AM »

My nephew has no attention span and loves to watch things on the computer, this has led me to watching cartoon openings with him. The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh has such a good intro and makes me super nostalgic. Same with Gummi Bears. Gargoyles is a great show that I really need to rewatch.

I second your nomination of Fillmore Clueless, that was a fine detective show. Unfortunately, you are clearly insane - Pepper Ann was awful.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 01:33:59 AM »

Aww.  It wasn't that bad, though it clearly is the red headed stepchild of the bunch.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 01:40:24 AM »

Rimshot.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 01:46:47 AM »

I liked the Aladdin show but I think that's cause I fancied Aladdin as a kid?

Recess was Disney, right? I loved that show.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 01:50:19 AM »

I liked the Aladdin show but I think that's cause I fancied Aladdin as a kid?

Recess was Disney, right? I loved that show.

I liked Aladdin too.

I liked Recess till recently when I found out the woman who voice Spinelli was a regular on Californication who waxes buttholes and was doing coke and screwing the guy who sang 'Jesse's Girl' (Rick Springfield?).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: