Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 06:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327633 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  The favorite Disney TV cartoons thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The favorite Disney TV cartoons thread  (Read 2789 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 01:55:05 AM »

On the upside Miss Finster was voiced by April Winchell?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 07:02:20 AM »

Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles are certainly the two from my childhood that I would love to watch again. I think both have probably aged quite well.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:02 AM »

Holy crap, I remember Fillmore, but I think it was slightly after my time.  Did it last very long?  I remember thinking it disappeared. 

natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 10:49:40 AM »

Some of my faves have already been mentioned (Darkwing Duck; Duck Tales; C n' D Rescue Rangers; Aladdin; Gargoyles).

Surprised no one has mentioned Bonkers. Maybe I'm the only one who enjoyed it? LOVED that show.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »

I heard that Bonkers was originally going to be a cartoon adaptation of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but they couldn't get the license for whatever reason and remade the concept with new characters.  Too bad.  Bonkers was okay, but not my favorite. 

natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »

I heard that Bonkers was originally going to be a cartoon adaptation of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but they couldn't get the license for whatever reason and remade the concept with new characters.  Too bad.  Bonkers was okay, but not my favorite. 

I did not know that. It would make sense, given the premise.
I like the Roger Rabbit movie as a whole, but the character himself is f-in annoying. ...Which I guess seems to be the whole point. Not sure I could watch a multi-episode show with him in it.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »

Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, Tail Spin. We watched all those, plus a lot of other cartoons. Strangely enough, I don't recall ever watching Gargoyles. I think I was all into my serious anime phase by then, and didn't think any American cartoon could compare.
I'm sure most, if not all, of these are purely nostalgia based, and I couldn't stomach them nowadays. Kind of like how almost all (original)Transformers cartoons suck except for the movie. And even that is weak in spots.
For me it's best to leave all those memories alone and don't ruin them by re-watching anything.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 01:24:29 PM »

I liked Recess till recently when I found out the woman who voice Spinelli was a regular on Californication who waxes buttholes and was doing coke and screwing the guy who sang 'Jesse's Girl' (Rick Springfield?).

That's quite a leap.  Who's her agent?  Said agent is good!  That's, like, a bigger leap than LeVar Burton going from Reading Rainbow to Star Trek.  Either way, Recess was a fun show.  Didn't even realize it was Disney. 

Grim- I think we ALL had that "weeaboo/wapanese" phase of "everything Japanese is superior/ I wish I was Japanese" and all that nonsense.  I'm glad I grew out of that nonsense. 

But, man, am I the only one who liked Kim Possible and Dave The Barbarian? 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 01:43:04 PM »

But, man, am I the only one who liked Kim Possible and Dave The Barbarian? 

Too new, mang.
In the early 2000's, most of us had moved on to Adult Swim. You know... back when it was original programming, and not a shit-ton repeats from other networks.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »

Hey Dincrest, I know it's not Disney, but have you s.checked out this new cartoon called grojband?

TASTY!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »

I used to watch Kim Possible with my younger sister, because it was on before her Disney shows (Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens).  KP was solid stuff.  I think I have the first KP movie on DVD somewhere. 

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 03:23:54 PM »

Hey Dincrest, I know it's not Disney, but have you s.checked out this new cartoon called grojband?

No, but I assume it's about the misadventures of a bunch of kids in a band?  I've seen a bunch of shows in that genre (live action and animated) in that genre (Beck, Detroit Metal City, Dethklok: Metalocalypse, California Dreams, I guess Josie and the Pussycats to an extent, there's more I'm sure) but didn't always get into them.  Maybe it's because I live the "rocker" life that I don't need to vicariously live the "rock star" fantasy. 

I have a soft spot for Detroit Metal City because, at the time I saw it (2006 or so), I was in the opposite predicament.  I was playing in a mellow indie/shoegaze band but wanted to play faster, heavier, and more exciting music where jumping around on stage and "rocking out" was encouraged rather than frowned upon.  On the other hand, Soichi wanted to play the mellow indie/shoegaze/pop stuff but was playing in a "costumes and characters" metal band. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »

Grojband is a cartoon about a talented group of kids who keep get into hijinx and use the diary of the lead singer's sister for lyrics. It's funny, but I always end up thinking of you real quick when I catch an episode.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 10:33:01 PM »

Aladdin rocked. It had Costanza and Uncle Phil:P. But Gargoyles was the last great Cartoon IMO.  The Star Trek TNG voice casting initially drew me to it. I still say it could make a great movie. The CG tech is obviously there...

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 02:31:39 PM »

Aladdin rocked. It had Costanza and Uncle Phil:P. But Gargoyles was the last great Cartoon IMO.  The Star Trek TNG voice casting initially drew me to it. I still say it could make a great movie. The CG tech is obviously there...

Nah man. I wouldn't say that Gargoyles was the last but the greatest, as there have been some good shows since then. IIRC Beast Wars was still running when Gargoyles finished, and Reboot only hit its prime around 97 (even though both of those are technically not cartoons as they're completely CGI animated). Plus 96-97 was when all those Cartoon Network shows started with Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, and so on.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: