Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 06:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335244 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 Unveiled
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 Unveiled  (Read 24142 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »

Devil Children was also really mature even though it had young characters. Then again, the DC cast... really acted a lot older than they were supposed to be. DemiKids Dark/Light TOTALLY LOST THAT. In DK, it was just ZOMG ADVENTURE YEY. In Devil Children, it was more like SaGa 2 where you went around to various worlds and kept seeing people getting constantly fucked over.

As for P3, those probably are beta shots. It looks like "working interface" that hasn't actually had any meaningful design yet. I don't really care for the model style though. If you haven't played them, Persona 1, 2, and 2-2 still had the same weird, dark, haziness about it. Which really did contribute to the tripiness of the mood.

Anyway, I still need to finish P1. I'm, like, in the extended endgame now and need to level up a ton and revamp my personae.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 05:23:59 PM »

Ah this is very exciting! Persona 2: Eternal Punishment was a very good expirience for me, but unfortunatly I dont get to discuss it much because most of my friends wont touch it due to the difficulty and the sheer amount of work that goes into the Persona games - which brings me to a fear that I would have for the newest installment - dulling of difficulty. As for the atmosphere, I have no doubt that it will still possess that flaire that its PS1 counterparts had.

I believe I can speak for us all when I say "Let's positive thinking!"
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

YAY =^.^=

I'm more exicted for Kuhoweveryouspellit Raidou, though. :P

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 05:32:35 PM »

I want Kaneko back. ;_;

Anyhow, should be good. I've been waiting on a new Persona for years now. <3

Edit: Though considering the hero summons his Persona by shooting himself in the head... Localisation suddenly seems less likely.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2006, 05:44:38 PM »

Yes, because SMT:N didn't have cock demons.

And Daggerfall didn't have nipples in it.

And Omikron didn't get localized either. NANOTECH PENIS IMPLANTS ANYONE?!?!?!?!?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »

ok I just saw a 17 min video promo for persona 3(don't ask how I got it).  Here's my impressions:

Opening Intro:
the new logo gives it this hip shibuya feel and the opening intro looks a lot like a "bright" anime intro.  It still has the butterfly.  Now before you groan wait up...

First movie:
Beautifully done anime sequence, shows a girl trying to shoot herself with a gun but not having the nerves.

Velvet Room:
Igor is back with a new assistant.

School:
Shows the school and the main chars.  Doesn't seem like anyone is back.

Combat:
I like the new UI, the character's stats is on the right hand screen and very minimalistic, giving you a full picture of combat.
The main char summons his personas by "shooting" himself in the head.
Swords and guns it seems.

Main Roaming:
Seems exactly the same but in dungeons, everyone follows you.

Hidoshi: Atlus like Konami, SE, Sega, Nippon Ichi, Capcom, and SE, now consider all games as likely canididates for the US, if a game has content in the japanese version that might stop if from US release, its likely to be removed.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 05:49:26 PM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"

And Omikron didn't get localized either. NANOTECH PENIS IMPLANTS ANYONE?!?!?!?!?

Re: Omikron - Quantic Dream's a French company dude. Now while France is not part of North America, it also doesn't count much as 'localisation' when it's part of the perceived Western hemisphere.

Nipples and cock demons != suicidal main character who kills himself to gain special powers. It's just a little more disturbing when your game avatar is killing himself every battle. Even I'm not behind that one.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »

I have to agree with Hidoshi on the whole 'head shooting thing' as far as how disturbing it is - actually, it just comes off as stupid. Maybe it makes sense to have a villian do it who lets himself be controlled by his Persona, symbolising that he's just fucking himself over. But this seems to be more 'OMFG CONTROVERSY'. I won't miss seeing it go. :P

Edit: Though for it effecting localization... Well, if he was an adult, it'd probably have been allowed; Killer 7 has a character who slits her wrists to reveal hidden paths. But this is a /teenager/, and while the whole Columbine thing has probably faded away enough that people won't care quite as much, it was enough to edit a part of XSII.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 06:22:16 PM »

I also just finished watching the promo video for this. And damn, it was awesome.

I want this game.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 07:34:39 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Quote from: "MeshGearFox"

Re: Omikron - Quantic Dream's a French company dude. Now while France is not part of North America, it also doesn't count much as 'localisation' when it's part of the perceived Western hemisphere.

Nipples and cock demons != suicidal main character who kills himself to gain special powers. It's just a little more disturbing when your game avatar is killing himself every battle. Even I'm not behind that one.

Dude.. to go forward in parts of Omikron, you need to die to inhabit another body.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Dude.. to go forward in parts of Omikron, you need to die to inhabit another body.

-John

Now see, that makes sense, this just seems to be doing it for the sake of doing it.

It's worth noting, on the other hand, that one of the Killer7 characters would slit her wrists and spray blood to open new pathes, and that really didn't bug me - probably because it wasn't THE main character doing it, she wasn't a teenager, and that whole game was nuts anyway.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 08:03:22 PM »

....Oh, my.

This sounds good already.  :P

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 08:05:41 PM »

Kaneko is a wonderful character designer, but the character designer for Persona 3 is the same guy who did the in-game art/portraits in Persona 1-2, so he has a proven track record.  

And I like that they're really playing up the school factor.  I've always loved stories where the primary setting is in a school, and the whole school ties thing seems quite prevalent in Persona 3.  

Sexy.  

And just because I'm a jackass... KABA KICK!!!!!!!

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »

Is it the same person who did the Stella Deus designs?

Anyways, I like these designs.  Though they lack the "unique" stylings of the artist in the past, these are kind of "lighter" to say the least.  Anyways, the series has always been good to me, and so long as it has its stroke of evil that the series always embelishes so well in the past, this should be good too.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »

Here's a link to the whopping big 17+ min trailer.
www.shinetworks.net/cgi-bin/snup/src/up17440.zip_q5Xvub06qgdVy0ipXUi5/up17440.zip

Quote from: "Logick"

Opening Intro:
the new logo gives it this hip shibuya feel and the opening intro looks a lot like a "bright" anime intro.  It still has the butterfly.  Now before you groan wait up...

Actually, I thought the intro was all sorts of awesome.  Reminded me of Jet Set Radio Future but with a Persona twist.  I love how it's all cheerful and peppy and then the music goes all intense when the guy shoots himself.

After checking out those screenshots and the movie, Persona 3 has officially become my most anticipated game (over such games as Devil Summoner, Zelda: Twilight Princess, FFXII and anything on the upcoming consoles).

And I really don't think anyone needs to be worried about it having its "strokes of evil" judging from the screenshots & trailer.  Summons that involve shooting yourself in the head, upright coffins on the road at night, teenagers running across blood splattered floors, yeah, I think they've got you covered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: